Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Irish love fest on BBC  (Read 6143 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 08:25:23 »

Valid point Reg.

Ireland is in the British Isles after all.

I am obsessed......

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 08:29:11 »

Guinness is ace.
Guinness is from Ireland.
So Ireland is ace.

The end.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 08:31:51 »

Guinness is ace.
So Ireland is ace.

The end.

Never a truer statement made.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 09:58:53 »

From Dara O Briain on twitter...

A final note: loved the way the (80% Irish) crowd today roared for Team GB's Nicola Adams. She probably gave the best performance of the day too
Coca Fola

« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 11:53:06 »

Guinness is ace.
So Ireland is ace.

The end.
Winner.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:16:24 »

If Scotland don't vote for independence, do we then get to vote them out of the Union anyway?

A few months back they said on Radio 5 that according to the most recent opinion polls if there was a vote for Scottish independence across the whole of the UK, the vote in Scotland would be in favour of staying in and outside Scotland for them to leave. I'd vote them out as I'm sick of them moaning all the time.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:21:25 »

This is the problem though.  As the polls in Scotland demonstrate, the moaners are in a minority.  There is currently no majority in Scotland for independence.  Most people up there want to remain in the UK.

But you only get to hear the moaners.  The folk who aren't moaning and want things to stay roughly as they are don't make anything like as much noise...so it gives a false impression about what most Scots are really wanting.  If you want some balance, you have to take the views of the moaners along side those of people like Chris Hoy and Andy Murray (for example) over the last few weeks.  Clearly as proud to be British as anyone else.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:17:49 »

Come on Cuban, knock this Paddy OUT!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:19:05 »

Paddy just danced around the ring, landed a few then hid and ran. Hate the way the BBC are blowing the Irish.

Now, ain't that just like me?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:19:54 »

A few months back they said on Radio 5 that according to the most recent opinion polls if there was a vote for Scottish independence across the whole of the UK, the vote in Scotland would be in favour of staying in and outside Scotland for them to leave. I'd vote them out as I'm sick of them moaning all the time.

If there was ever a referendum then the Scots would stay in, largely because above all else referendums nearly always favour the status quo. Not only that referendums are easily manipulated to get the result the establishment wants - in this case Scotland to remain a member of the Union - this is precisely the reason they are banned in Germany for very obvious historical reasons.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 13:20:19 »

Come on Cuban, knock this Paddy OUT!

The Paddy won. Cheesy
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 11, 2012, 06:17:35 »

This is the problem though.  As the polls in Scotland demonstrate, the moaners are in a minority.  There is currently no majority in Scotland for independence.  Most people up there want to remain in the UK.

But you only get to hear the moaners.  The folk who aren't moaning and want things to stay roughly as they are don't make anything like as much noise...so it gives a false impression about what most Scots are really wanting.  If you want some balance, you have to take the views of the moaners along side those of people like Chris Hoy and Andy Murray (for example) over the last few weeks.  Clearly as proud to be British as anyone else.

Unfortunately all too common that the loud minority skew the view of those on the outside of a situation
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: