Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Further £2 million investment by current board members  (Read 16529 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:20:03 »

yellows? more like green amirite
Spud

« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:22:09 »

I love their optimistic "It's all going to end in tears!" approach.

I suppose it's all they've got?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:27:14 »

I love their optimistic "It's all going to end in tears!" approach.

I suppose it's all they've got?

It must be hard for them to accept that we are better then them.  Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:28:45 »

It must be hard for them to accept that we are better then them.  Cheesy

We arent though are we, they beat us twice remember Wink
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:30:24 »

We arent though are we, they beat us twice remember Wink

Oh shit of course I'd forgotten about that, what with winning the title and our cup run and our trip to wembley.  Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:39:16 »

It just gives you a warm glowing feeling and smile on your face when the only hope the pox have is that we might go bust, the big point they are missing is who the money is coming from and what level of debt is there to the HMRC because they normally are the things that take clubs under. Borrowing from banks and other large organizations versus a small group of Individual investors and keeping on top of HMRC payments. As long as the vast majority of any debt is owned by the investors they are hardly going to throw the club into admin and pay themselves back 10p in the pound but I guess it gives the yellow filth something to cling onto as they dissolve back into 4th division obscurity  Smug Fuck Off
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 08:45:22 »

It just gives you a warm glowing feeling and smile on your face when the only hope the pox have is that we might go bust, the big point they are missing is who the money is coming from and what level of debt is there to the HMRC because they normally are the things that take clubs under. Borrowing from banks and other large organizations versus a small group of Individual investors and keeping on top of HMRC payments. As long as the vast majority of any debt is owned by the investors they are hardly going to throw the club into admin and pay themselves back 10p in the pound but I guess it gives the yellow filth something to cling onto as they dissolve back into 4th division non league obscurity  Smug Fuck Off

Edited for you  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #52 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 09:31:44 »

Be honest here, guys.

Who on here can say they have never entertained the possibility of our current 'project' going tits up in the future?

As for our yellow friends - they seem to like wearing hair shirts and hoping to be a sustainable basement club.

And they're struggling to be that!

Luvverly jubbly
tans

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 09:45:36 »

Heres the quote Flasheart. The obituary is a whole page spread, and goes into his life etc, but this quote got me...

Nigel Eady, thank you - leaving us with treasured memories and much, much more, we are eternally grateful. RIP

Your normal run of the mill fan wouldnt get that kind of coverage, i dont think even Iris did when she passed away?
lambourn red

« Reply #54 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 09:51:16 »

Be honest here, guys.

Who on here can say they have never entertained the possibility of our current 'project' going tits up in the future?

No mainly for the reasons I mentioned earlier the money invested is from individuals any return on investment will be from the improved CG so as long they keep paying the HMRC bills they are only going to hurt themselves if they go into admin. The same could be said about any of the clubs what if Roman pulls out of Chelsea, the arabs out of Man City the list goes on at least our guys are trying to make us a self sufficient established Championship team if anything the apathy of Swindon/Wiltshire residents is the biggest risk to the whole project if they don't come then everything will be scaled back.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:03:11 »

Have you seen the latest comments on there?

Didcotox obviously knows much more about us than all of us put together....

Quote from: didcotox
But there wage bill does exceed their income

Quote from: ianmoor82
Does it? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Thy have offloaded quite a few of the poor signings from last year who were on high wages and I presume the people running the club must know where they stand regarding wages/income rules.

Quote from: didcotox
Well I have read somewhere their wage bill was over 3 million last season

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:15:53 »

Thats about right the 3 million. The first XI all were on 6k a week.

the rest were paid in burgers and curry.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:17:25 »

To be fair I could see our wage bill being 3 million. If we had a squad of 16 that is roughly around £3500 per week on average per player.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
lambourn red

« Reply #58 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:41:06 »

The wage bill is the whole club is it not and I thought that 3 million spend included paying off Wilson and Hart. Last season must have been close to breaking even with Promotion, bigger attendances and a Wembley trip we will have to wait and see the when the figures are released.
lambourn red

« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:51:42 »

I think the filth should be worrying about their own greenhouse before slinging rocks at ours  Clap

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcmanagement&action=display&thread=10184 Girl Giggle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: