Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Further £2 million investment by current board members  (Read 16528 times)
tj2002

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:05:56 »

Must be good news

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2847460,00.html

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:08:51 »

They've certainly not been shy to get out the cheque book and long may it continue. We'd be right up shit street if they didn't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:11:17 »

The fact they have committed another £2M is good, but the fact they are looking for further investors always rings slight panic.

How I'd read it is that the current level of investment isn't sustainable. Which if correct isn't a surprise but is a slight long term concern.

Equally what it could mean is they simply need more cash to sustain championship football if it is ever achieved.

Or one of the current investors is pulling out sometime soonish.

Or, or...

Actually I don't have a clue. Only that it could be good or bad Smiley

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:34:50 »

Think this is a possibility. Wouldn't be one of the people that actively involved in the day-to-day running of the club though and so shouldn't be a cause of great concern as long as his investment is then covered by the other board members or an outside source.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:46:13 »

They said from day one they'd be looking at further investment as time goes by, particularly for stadium investment.

Stop your panicking, it's all part of the plan.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:57:49 »

Perhaps arbib is jacking it in.
We hear more of backhouse , never heard much of him until recently

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:02:51 »

As the club as a whole grows so must the investment/investors.  Not many clubs gain promotion without extra investment and I guess it's when sides fail to deliver after a couple of seasons that investors start to question where their cash is going.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 13:25:47 »

Not sure I like the fact that they've made the amount public, would prefer this to have been kept quiet.  Once clubs know we have some additional cash to splash, inflation kicks in and it's likely that we'll end up paying over the odds. 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 14:41:41 »

Yep, they'll want a million for constable now.

Who incidentally was back page news in the local rag today. It was supposed to be big news as well.

All it was, was Gene Wilder put his arm round him and told him he was the main man Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:01:19 »

The fact they have committed another £2M is good, but the fact they are looking for further investors always rings slight panic.

How I'd read it is that the current level of investment isn't sustainable. Which if correct isn't a surprise but is a slight long term concern.

Equally what it could mean is they simply need more cash to sustain championship football if it is ever achieved.

Or, or...

Actually I don't have a clue. Only that it could be good or bad Smiley

I think the default position with stuff like this is to panic....there seems to be a fair bit of spin happening at the moment. Let's hope our scepticism proves groundless ( maybe I should have phrasd that differently)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:28:48 »

I read it as they wanted more investors for the redevelopment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:38:09 »

I read it as they wanted more investors for the redevelopment.

Thats exactly what it says. They've pumped in the extra 2 mill to get promotion.
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:55:00 »

This is so we can pay Harry Kewell's wages. Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:12:59 »

Well I never thought I'd live to see the day when the words 'Swindon Town' and '£2million pound investment' were used in the same sentence. Now that I have, I'm absolutely fucked if I'm going to put a negative spin on it.

Happy days  Beers Clap
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:32:18 »

Yeah somewhere a wormhole opened up and we're in a reverse reality. I'll wake up in the morning be 6 foot 2 and sober.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: