Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Further £2 million investment by current board members  (Read 16524 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:33:28 »

Seems like they're really going for it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:46:46 »

Not sure I like the fact that they've made the amount public, would prefer this to have been kept quiet.  Once clubs know we have some additional cash to splash, inflation kicks in and it's likely that we'll end up paying over the odds. 

The money has already been spent
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:48:47 »

The money has already been spent

So is this the Board plugging the gap in the finances caused by last season?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:50:17 »

Yes presumably this is the money that persuaded PDC the vision is good and to bring in our 7 new players?
fatbasher

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:54:24 »

I took it that the extra £2m was for paolo to enhance the squad, rather than to nip down to fast plant and Jewsons to place orders for next spring to start work on the new town end stand.

That said, in some ways you'd have thought that they would keep the fact that they have this amount of player budget tucked under the mattress to spend when needed, that or the extra money was for both player budget and ground redevelopment.

I'm sticking with the playing budget. The reason being is that they NEED us to get into the championship to justify and support the cost of the higher division. Let's be honest with each other here. We go up again and I really think we will looking at the division, especially now that Pompey have been deducted 10 points before a ball is kicked in anger. We are are going need every seat of every game covered with someone's arse. At 15k capacity we will be up against clubs with 20, 30 and 40k capacities and fan bases that will cover every seat with an arse in their grounds.

Let us not be negative though, as when the new consortium took over you'd all give your right arm to be where we are now. I just hope we get the extra crowds in through the door this time next season when we are in the championship.

Last thought though, I wonder if Fitton is the one who is bailing out? Assuming anyone is as I seem to remember seeing and or hearing that when he stepped down that he was looking to wind down his involvement in more than an admin way.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 17:59:43 »

Help me understand something...

If this 2 mil is coming from sources already within the club (the board), which appears to be the case, why the need for this 'injection'. Why not just set a budget and underwrite it (if that's the right term?) at the end of the season?
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:06:41 by Flashheart » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:02:43 »

It sounds a lot more complicated because doesn't it mention "capital restructuring" ? Presumably that means new shares?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:20:08 »

Help me understand something...

If this 2 mil is coming from sources already within the club (the board), which appears to be the case, why the need for this 'injection'. Why not just set a budget and underwrite it (if that's the right term?) at the end of the season?

Well I have no idea, but perhaps a specific board member is inputting more in return for equity from one or more of the others. 

Its all guesswork isn't it. My brain certainly rebels when positive things happen, it can't accept it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:25:06 »

Ground Redevelopment and reinvestment news?

Luke McCormick's getting a two year contract isn't he Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:26:47 »

My ST 5 quid card fee is being put to good use!

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:32:54 »

If it's the playing budget they may have to disclose it anyway to get round the wage cap if it's a donation? So may as well use a statement to make if official as they have to disclose it anyway?

Stabbing in the dark to be honest.
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:41:12 »

but perhaps a specific board member is inputting more in return for equity from one or more of the others. 

That would make sense (I think)

Maybe one of them is sticking their hand deeper in their pocket and wants a bigger share of the goodies in return?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:49:35 »

Has anyone had the shareholder letter today? If so, could someone explain if the whole sub-division of the shares means you need to pay more into the club to attend the AGM and vote in future? or does it litteraly mean my £100 is now worth £1 and that is all?
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 19:11:06 »

Maybe it's just precautionary......

Get the wonga now just incase the investor(s) die/go bankrupt/change their mind, leaving the club/holding company with a large bill to pay?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 19:19:10 »

Anyone remember a couple of games before the end of the season there was an obituary of a chap that lived in the wantage area? Not your standard 3 lines either, it was a whole page spread.

Rumour has it he was minted and left everything to the club.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: