Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs Shevchenko Official Matchday thread  (Read 77898 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:04:23 »

To be fair to the extra ref, the ball only just went over the line and it took them a while to figure it out with the replays. But it was his positioning that was to blame, from his angle it would have looked like the ball didn't cross the line as the post was in the way.

Not sure why everyone is going on about it so much. Shit happens. We've been on both ends of bad decisions and it does all even up at the end of the day. We had a couple of good shouts for penalties that weren't given.
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:15:14 »

Not sure why everyone is going on about it so much.

'We're' not, Joycie is
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:40:05 »

'We're' not, Joycie is

[url width=17 height=17]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/arucho/paforo/Grin-1.png[/url]
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:41:10 »

The point is no Offside was given, so in fact it was in 'live' play and should have stood.

If it should have stood then offside should also have been given, both are retrospective decisions.
Flashheart

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:46:16 »

The point is no Offside was given, so in fact it was in 'live' play and should have stood.

I can't get my head around this.

If one decision should be given, then why not the other?
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:54:29 »

As the Dutch say, "if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle."

Things were missed in the incident, no goal was given.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:55:55 »

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:58:59 »

They both should, let them retrospectively have the goal, then retrospectively revoke it for offside.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 12:00:56 »

on another note, whats with the refs on the goal lines...I have watched most of the games and havent seen them make a single call yet...unless they are communicating to the ref via his ear piece...

however, there have been two blatant fook ups by them...
the 'goal' last night and some other game I was watching, a missed corner where the line ref was stood no more than  a metre away, the ball crossed the line by probably its diameter before being cleared but no corner was given...

oh, and for what its worth, my thoughts on last night:  
I thought we were mostly dire but just scrpaed through, the inability to keep possesion was frightening...a massive improvement need for the Italy game...
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 12:07:49 »

on another note, whats with the refs on the goal lines...I have watched most of the games and havent seen them make a single call yet...unless they are communicating to the ref via his ear piece...

They are doing that. It's difficult to notice, although you could see the ref the other night (Scotland's very on Craig Thomson) giving a by kick and then changing it to a corner on the advice of the guy on the line.

You're right in saying they seem to miss an awful lot.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 12:29:07 »

I think my main observation on last night is that we needed Carroll to start and keep hold of the ball when it got forward. There wasn't anyone beyond the midfield who could get the ball and keep it. We therefore spent too long defending the last third of the pitch.

For an old cunt, Terry did a fantastic job denying them the goal that wasn't.

Rooney looked slow and off form. I don't like him so won't say more.

The team performance was average for spectacle but A** for grit and determination.

From now on, anything can happen (and probably will).
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 13:56:40 »

See also: '66.

When will you guys be able to get through without the help of FIFA.  No

When will you guys be able to do ANYTHING? EVER?

It's All Good..............
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 14:06:40 »

Exactly as I predicted then. Typical Blatter, predictably anti-English.

If it were the other way round (we were denied a goal) he wouldn't have even batted an eyelid.

Agree with Samdy, it's classic Blatter! What a cunt that man is!

#VivaKenBarlow!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 14:08:16 »

Although we kept giving the ball away far too easily and it wasn't a magical performance. If you actually looked at the chances created we restricted them to long range shots almost all night. Both teams missed a header 4 yards out, apart from that they had the one on one which crossed the line. People are forgetting or ignoring the fact that we needed a draw and we didnt have to go out and attack them leaving ourselves vunerable. In a way its the same with the spain croatia game. Croation needed the win and went for it, spain did not need to.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 14:10:39 »

Weren't Scotland only beaten to qualification by a diving Czech who 'won' a penalty against them?

This is a bit different to the Lampard non-goal as that one was very clearly over, whereas this one was tough to see in real-time and the extra ref guy was too slow in moving his head to see around the post.

The fact that it was offside is a little bit irrelevant as you see refs miss fouls and offsides in the build-up to goals all the time, but he fact that it wasn't a goal and is being looked at as some kind of injustice means it's easy to refute.

never trust a nun...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: