Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs Shevchenko Official Matchday thread  (Read 76676 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:19:01 »

As this has turned into a Scotland tourism thread, has anyone done Shetland? Planning to visit next year. I also love Wales. Pembrokeshire is amazing.

I went to Stratford twice when I lived in Warwickshire. Once as a tourist, felt it was a bit false and tacky and couldn't stand the fact everywhere you went was literally swarming with tourists who had cameras as big as their upper torso. Don't go to Coventry. It's a horrible and awful place.

Cheers for the feedback. The hotel looks nice so if the worst comes to the worst we'll just chill out there!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:27:58 »

Shakespeare's town. Thats about it.

You could come to chipping norton and go on the lash with me and ralphy

You from Chippy then ?

Lived in Milton - u -Wychwood for a while when younger.

Chippy seems to have a posh image now, but when I was younger, if you went out in Chippy and weren't from there, you would be expecting a dust up
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 23:38:25 »

Cheers for the feedback. The hotel looks nice so if the worst comes to the worst we'll just chill out there!
Don't get me wrong, Stratford is a really nice town but try to avoid the obvious tourist traps.

Leamington is nice too. Good for shops if your missus is into that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:31:01 »

You from Chippy then ?

Lived in Milton - u -Wychwood for a while when younger.

Chippy seems to have a posh image now, but when I was younger, if you went out in Chippy and weren't from there, you would be expecting a dust up

Yeah, live opposite the fire station.

He only fight you are likely to get into now is either with a pikey or a horse racing owner Cool

Toff paradise, the cunts
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:48:34 »

As this has turned into a Scotland tourism thread, has anyone done Shetland? 

I've been, got a ferry from Aberdeen, an interesting voyage, things had to be tied down, it was so rough. The most testing time my tent has had, at one point I dismantled and re-erected a stone wall inside to keep the thing on the ground.

You'll love it though...full of Norwegians,... well their descendants.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 07:41:43 »

Chippy seems to have a posh image now

But tans lives there! Smiley
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 07:43:57 »

I've been, got a ferry from Aberdeen, an interesting voyage, things had to be tied down, it was so rough. The most testing time my tent has had, at one point I dismantled and re-erected a stone wall inside to keep the thing on the ground.

You'll love it though...full of Norwegians,... well their descendants.

Went about 7/8 years ago with work as we had to visit RAF Saxa Vord which at the time was right at the tip of the most northern island, it was a radar centre that kept an eye on everything north of that.  It’s no longer there so one can assume Norway and Iceland are a threat to invade anymore!

Flew into Sunburgh from Aberdeen and then it took about 4-5 hours including 2 car ferry crossings to drive through the 3 islands to our destination,.  It was a pretty amazing place, 3 to 4 foot of snow everywhere bar the immaculate roads (Jan/Feb at the time).  With the exception of Sunburgh, which was a small town, the rest of the islands are real back to basic stuff.  We drove for miles at a time without seeing any form of life and then you see a little stonebrick house halfway up a hill with smoke coming out of the chimney miles away from any form of civilisation.

I imagine the place is ideal for some serious hiking/camping during the summer.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 09:14:23 »

Don't get me wrong, Stratford is a really nice town but try to avoid the obvious tourist traps.

Leamington is nice too. Good for shops if your missus is into that.

Actually she hates shopping thankfully so I am spared those sort of things!!

1 other question, how far is Birmingham New Street from Birmingham Moor Street?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #248 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 09:54:20 »

1 other question, how far is Birmingham New Street from Birmingham Moor Street?

Less than half a mile away mate, almost next door to each other, seperated by the Bull Ring.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 22, 2012, 09:56:08 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 10:00:46 »

Less than half a mile away mate, almost next door to each other, seperated by the Bull Ring.

Thanks JJ Smiley

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 15:28:10 »

There's a brilliant article about James Milner here, think Charlie Brooker does football:

"Milner, who remains a perversely fascinating footballer, if only for his total lack of fascination, not so much an unsung hero as semi-sung not-quite hero, the mystery workaholic."

"...for all the grudging praise it is still hard to imagine England progressing if Milner doesn't contribute by playing to the very limit of his invisibilities"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/22/euro-2012-james-milner-england
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 16:24:33 »

Went about 7/8 years ago with work as we had to visit RAF Saxa Vord which at the time was right at the tip of the most northern island, it was a radar centre that kept an eye on everything north of that.  It’s no longer there so one can assume Norway and Iceland are a threat to invade anymore!

Flew into Sunburgh from Aberdeen and then it took about 4-5 hours including 2 car ferry crossings to drive through the 3 islands to our destination,.  It was a pretty amazing place, 3 to 4 foot of snow everywhere bar the immaculate roads (Jan/Feb at the time).  With the exception of Sunburgh, which was a small town, the rest of the islands are real back to basic stuff.  We drove for miles at a time without seeing any form of life and then you see a little stonebrick house halfway up a hill with smoke coming out of the chimney miles away from any form of civilisation.

I imagine the place is ideal for some serious hiking/camping during the summer.

My abiding memory, was being up on Unst, and looking out north thinking, if I kept on going there's not a lot of civilisation up there.  In fact the first land fall was probably in the Soviet Union (now Russia), which probably why the watch was being kept.

A weird feeling of a vast emptiness, which is something you don't usually get in Britain..
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: