Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Party on the Pitch  (Read 17765 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:12:49 »

Didn't go myself, the missus took the kids and that was what she reported back. Kids had a perfectly nice time and the players they met were brilliant with them but they didn't stay that long because, as others have commented, once you'd paid your fiver to have your photo taken with the cup there wasn't a lot on offer, unlike the fun days they've done previously which have been really good. And it was she who said the only food on offer was a PieMinister (I think from what she described) tent and a "posh burger van" (?) doing burgers at 8 quid a shot. Maybe there were kiosks open and she missed them?

She came home saying it was OK, but (for example) they couldn't hear what was being said on stage by the players, the sound and/or video broke down when they were showing Goal of the Season, and they couldn't get anywhere near enough the players doing the Skills competition to see it.

Like I say, they had a perfectly nice time, just sounds like an opportunity missed to me, all in all. But apologies for having the temerity to suggest that.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:15:24 »

It was free entry to season ticket holders. If you didn't like paying £8 quid for a burger or whatever the price was ( I'm saw the queue and didn't bother) then tesco and burger king were 2 minutes walk away.
Not sure why people are moaning about a free event
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:15:40 »

My only moan is like others have said the players could have mingled with us mere mortals a bit more
Ha, that was one of the things my missus actually thought was really good - she said the players were great with the kids and happy to sign shirts, chat to them a bit etc. I'm starting to wonder if she went to a different event!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:19:06 »

It might not be intentional as he is a nice chap but I do sometimes get the impression that paul thinks that most of us are a bit thick, cetainly beneath his level of thinking.
Eh? Not sure where you got that idea from.
Of course having a 'party' over a bus parade generates more revenue. Who cares if the club are exploring their options in regards to extra non-sport related revenue?
Not me - I'd positively advocate it and it was one of the things that I slated the Wills/Diamandis regime for not doing properly. It just sounded like this wasn't terribly well thought out or executed. That was all. But really, it's a very minor thing. I'll shush now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:20:35 »

I deleted the commented paul as I thought it was harsh after reading it back. Apologies
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:37:09 »

Glad to hear it. How much were they?

They were £2.50 Arriba and chips were £1.50 inside the Legends Lounge.  I'd be surprised if the prices differed substantially in the vans outside? 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:42:17 »

Thought it was alright. We had a bit of a laugh, a few beers and a bit of a kickabout. We even had a few kids join us for a kickabout at one point. Got our picture taken with Benson and watched a bit of live music. Seeing Paolo sing was quite amusing.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:44:07 »

Oh and the Pieminister stand was brilliant. Great pie from there.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:44:30 »

i didn't go, no one i know went and fuck being there on my own!

they must have organised this event at somewhat short notice and it would have been easier for them to have organised an open top bus, so fair play. by the sounds of it they shown a bit of inexperience at putting on these events thats all.

looking at the schedule, there's no way it should have lasted as long as it did. but how much can you complain about a free event.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 09:59:18 »

Thought it was alright. We had a bit of a laugh, a few beers and a bit of a kickabout. We even had a few kids join us for a kickabout at one point. Got our picture taken with Benson and watched a bit of live music. Seeing Paolo sing was quite amusing.

Were u playing over by the DRS?  My lad and his friends were playing with a big group of kids and later on there were some adults playing.  I nearly got whacked by the ball when I wandered over!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:01:30 »

They were £2.50 Arriba and chips were £1.50 inside the Legends Lounge.  I'd be surprised if the prices differed substantially in the vans outside? 

Reasonable enough prices. Apart from the vip area it seemed like it was a decent enough event.
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:04:58 »

I've heard no mention of the lightening seeds, had everybody gone by then?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:08:14 »

It was free! So for me the clubs a winner.

STFC is a bit like that....great ideas but poor execution.....play on the pitch was like that too.

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:23:30 »

I can promise that if I was there and if I knew what you looked like, I wouldn't have.   Smiley

How do you not know what she looks like, she almost a celebrity around these parts!  She now hangs out with the likes of Max Rushden, Johnny Wilkes and Ben Shepherd.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:31:43 »

I've heard no mention of the lightening seeds, had everybody gone by then?

No, we were still there.

I'm not a big fan but have to say I thought they were very good.

As for the rest of the day, I thought it was alright to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: