Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Party on the Pitch  (Read 17748 times)
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 10:43:43 »

Lightning seeds were pretty good, even did 3 lions. I managed to get a few people singing Swindons going up instead of footballs coming home.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:12:03 »

I don't think there was enough there for a full 7 hour day. Luckily we went for a piss up so it worked quite well in the end.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 11:25:32 »

As others have said, if we were doing it again make the running time shorter, ditch the shit 'VIP section', have a few more things to do.

For a free event I thought it was pretty decent for a first run.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 12:12:55 »

I thought it was a pretty decent day out, especially for the price !

Yes it was a bit drawn-out and their could've been a few more stands and things to do - but hey with the Winners open, it was perfect for escaping the bits you didnt want to see. Pint

Frank Cinelli tried hard and was ok, not impressed by Toploader apart from Paolo's appearance - top man - how many other managers can you imagine doing that ! Clap

Thought the Lightening Seeds were great, took ages to get the sound system to their sataisfaction - but well worth the wait  Clap

Best thing was being able to have a kickabout on the hallowed turf - my nipper really enjoyed it !

Well done Swindon Town for attempting the day - bigger and better next time !
adje

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 12:41:56 »

Didn't go myself, the missus took the kids and that was what she reported back. Kids had a perfectly nice time and the players they met were brilliant with them but they didn't stay that long because, as others have commented, once you'd paid your fiver to have your photo taken with the cup there wasn't a lot on offer, unlike the fun days they've done previously which have been really good. And it was she who said the only food on offer was a PieMinister (I think from what she described) tent and a "posh burger van" (?) doing burgers at 8 quid a shot. Maybe there were kiosks open and she missed them?

She came home saying it was OK, but (for example) they couldn't hear what was being said on stage by the players, the sound and/or video broke down when they were showing Goal of the Season, and they couldn't get anywhere near enough the players doing the Skills competition to see it.

Like I say, they had a perfectly nice time, just sounds like an opportunity missed to me, all in all. But apologies for having the temerity to suggest that.

What was the "Goal of the Season" ?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:01:34 »

How do you not know what she looks like, she almost a celebrity around these parts!  She now hangs out with the likes of Max Rushden, Johnny Wilkes and Ben Shepherd.

If you'd said Willie Rushden, John Wilkes Booth and one of the shepherds from the bible, I'd have well impressed.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:04:18 »

What was the "Goal of the Season" ?

Ritchie vs pikeys.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:31:52 »

Look at his sig.

Sounds like a bit of a tosser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:36:06 »

Sounds like a bit of a tosser

Nah, he is alright. He has has views and we should repsect them even if we don't agree.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:37:48 »

Nah, he is alright. He has has views and we should repsect them even if we don't agree.

Your right, we should all show each other more repsect

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:39:41 »

Your right, we should all show each other more repsect

Of course if you think he's a tosser i should respect that too  Head Hurts
adje

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 13:54:47 »

Ritchie vs pikeys.

cheers ax

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 14:04:19 »

Lightning Seeds for free (thought they were excellent), Beers, Pie etc, PDC singing (I think  Hmmm) what's not to like ? Shame it seemed a relatively small turnout.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 14:08:18 »

It was a good day, but not as good as I imagined it to be to be quite honest. It was a long loooong day - thought it was more kids orientated which is fair enough. Highlight of course was Paolo Singing & getting my pic with Don Rogers, went home just after that. Did Paolo do his message???

RED ARMY
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 7, 2012, 14:14:47 »

Ey
It was a good day, but not as good as I imagined it to be to be quite honest. It was a long loooong day - thought it was more kids orientated which is fair enough. Highlight of course was Paolo Singing & getting my pic with Don Rogers, went home just after that. Did Paolo do his message???
Now you come to mention it, I don't think he did unless I missed it?  I don't remember him being on stage again after he sung with Toploader.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: