Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England  (Read 18691 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:44:09 »

Couldnt much give a shit about England or international football really!  Give me league 2 and the Town any day ..... Though it is quite funny going watching people go through the same old cycles before, during and after every tournament ....  We'll win it ... We'll get to the semis ... blah blah blah ..... Then England come up against far more technically superior players, who keep the ball forever and the England players run around like England rabbits ... Go out in the group stage ...... There after follows a national audit in which the end concesus is the failure is blamed on the failure to develop a national academy, or too many foreign players, style of play in the premier league being unsuitable for international success.

Where the truth is really the players are shite!

Next one I will give a stuff about is the world cup when India qualify :-)
kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:47:39 »

Give me a choice of seeing England in the Euros or the cricket team in the Windies - well, there's only one winner there!

Went to Barbados ages ago and really want to return to see the England Test match.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:03:56 »

I've fallen out of love with England after the last world cup. I want England to do well, but have so much dislike for members of the current squad. A Cole = Cunt, Terry = Cunt, Lampard = Cunt, Rooney = Cunt, Gerrard = Cunt. Yes, they are top players, but they give so much more to their clubs and they are complete twats. They were the 'golden generation', but really fucked it up

I'm looking forward to a new generatin of england players who can capture the nation's immagination and play with great passion regardless of results.

I will watch the euros with beers in handk but wont be expecting much. I dont care who the manager is, its all kind of fucked up now, damage done.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:34:33 »

Blimey, I thought I was one of only a few that had given up on England. Seems to be a majority.

Which is why in the thread starter, I said "I know there's a few on here still interested in the national side"

It was these posters I was hoping to get some debate going with like Batch and NBR....trying to get some clarity on the current situation.  Supporting England isn't compulsory, before Italia 90, it was something done by the proper football fan, not every man, woman and their dog.
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:45:02 »

So, you're bemoaning the fact that the game has opened up the hoi polloi.

For God's sake, even women go nowadays!!

Enough to make you splutter into your G&T!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:53:31 »

I'll watch the games once the euros are here and expect to see the same old tried,tested and failed players go out on penalties under Redknapp's guidance.
Nothing will change as the media and fans demand immediate results which will and has done nothing for the long term benefit of the national team.
Needs a total overhaul and change of ideas which won't happen
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:54:24 »

So, you're bemoaning the fact that the game has opened up the hoi polloi.

For God's sake, even women go nowadays!!

Enough to make you splutter into your G&T!

Not really...as you say, you've given up on England, like so many others on this thread. I'm just saying that's not particularly a problem, more a return to how things used to be.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:58:28 »

Shan't be watching, don't give a toss about the bunch of cunts
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:03:22 »

I watch every game but cant say im overly fussed if they win or not, would much rather watch Swindon!

Id take Rooney, Crouch (his international record is rather good), Bent if fit, Defoe and Welbeck. Hope whoever is manager also takes Oxlade-Chamberlain, better version of Walcott IMO
kerry red

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:12:52 »

Not really...as you say, you've given up on England, like so many others on this thread. I'm just saying that's not particularly a problem, more a return to how things used to be.

The thing is, though, it isn't how things used to be. The people on this forum are football fans - just the sort of people who would have been chomping at the bit when an international tournament came along.

Nowadays, it seems your average England supporter is Mr (and Mrs) Average who drag along little Gerald to get his face painted.

Ah, for the days when those hairy-arsed Jocks wrecked the goals at Wembley!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:22:44 »

I'd genuinely forgotten about the Euros this summer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:23:44 »

The thing is, though, it isn't how things used to be. The people on this forum are football fans - just the sort of people who would have been chomping at the bit when an international tournament came along.

Nowadays, it seems your average England supporter is Mr (and Mrs) Average who drag along little Gerald to get his face painted.

Ah, for the days when those hairy-arsed Jocks wrecked the goals at Wembley!

It will be interesting to see, but I'll hazard a guess that the face painters and car flag flyers will be notable for their absence this summer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:25:59 »

It will be interesting to see, but I'll hazard a guess that the face painters and car flag flyers will be notable for their absence this summer.
Until we get to the quarter finals, if we do that is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:29:18 »

Why, didn't Norway qualify ? Smiley

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:30:04 »

Think the FA have as well....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: