Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England  (Read 18754 times)
kerry red

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:32:23 »

Just what are the timings of the Euros and Olympics?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:53:22 »

Why, didn't Norway qualify ? Smiley
Nope and I will be living there during the Euros so presumably there will be fuck all coverage!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:57:06 »

Nope and I will be living there during the Euros so presumably there will be fuck all coverage!
And you still won't miss much!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:58:51 »

I'm looking forward to the month long football, not so much englands participation. It's the toughest, and best, international tournament there is - a world cup without the chaff. Euro 2008 was a great tournament

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 15:00:46 »

I'm looking forward to the month long football, not so much englands participation. It's the toughest, and best, international tournament there is - a world cup without the chaff. Euro 2008 was a great tournament

Agreed. England being there is a bonus.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 15:19:51 »

I'm with Dave and Costanza... looking forward to the tournament as a whole

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 15:28:36 »

The thing is, though, it isn't how things used to be. The people on this forum are football fans - just the sort of people who would have been chomping at the bit when an international tournament came along.

Nowadays, it seems your average England supporter is Mr (and Mrs) Average who drag along little Gerald to get his face painted.

Ah, for the days when those hairy-arsed Jocks wrecked the goals at Wembley!

Very different at away games.
kerry red

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 15:30:20 »

I'm with Dave and Costanza... looking forward to the tournament as a whole

Yeah, a fucking big 'whole' that England are going to fall into.

UEFA and FIFA must really have to rack their brains to come up with such dreadful venues for such large tournaments.

I mean, Qatar, FFS.

I spent a year in Aden (now Yemen) in the 70s and believe me 10 minutes of 5-a-side would kill you (that's if the locals didn't)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 18:01:33 »

I'd take the youngsters and remove all traces of the golden generation. I'd leave Rooney at home for being such a stupid cunt getting sent off. Maybe when people stop mollycoddling the imbecile will grow up - if not, then he stays out. Lets use this as a warm up for Brazil 2014 ( if we qualify ).
As for manager, I'd take a caretaker and appoint after the Euros. Who the fuck wants to start with failure. I'd take Curbishley, a good coach and no axe to grind with anyone. Tell him he's got a few weeks before and his wages will be dependent on how far he gets. If he somehow wins the thnig then he gets the job. 
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 19:48:45 »

loved going to bulgaria away!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
LoyalSupporter

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 20:11:21 »

Not since Portugal and Germany, people only seem to travel now for the 'caps' and to say 'i was there' rather than support the team. Also a totally different set of people go when games are on easyjet routes compared to more inconvenient places.

Im going over for the France game and heading to Krakow for the QF weekend, with a couple of train journeys if England are still in it. Cant say i am overly excited about it at the minute, have been losing interest for a few years and starting to pick what games to do. Nearer the time, when the season has been over for a few weeks, I will probably be itching to go to a game so that will help get me interested. Bar Poland away in October this will be my last couple of trips (apart from if we every play Ireland/Italy/Serbia again).

I understand people will be saying why go if you are losing interest. Well I didnt go to SA as I couldnt justify the cost (thankfully) and there use to be 15/16 of us that use to travel, who over the years have stopped going for a variety of reasons, like being unable to relate to the players, having families, trips not as enjoyable as they once were. We said this will be our last tournament as we hope what people see as not the most inviting place, a hassle to get around, not expecting anything from England etc will actually make the trip. Also cant argue at the cost of the tickets, for the France game, conditional QF and conditional Final, £112 all in, with fees (conditional, only get them if England are there, if not a refund)

Depending which way you look at it the FA had done a fantastic job in their aim of making it a more family orientated environment, but in my opinion they will regret going too far that way and leaving the working class fan out. The initial buzz over the new Wembley has now lost its appeal, crowds are going down. Even for the family, watching England won’t be the in thing sooner rather than later. It will go back to 1000’s of free school tickets being handed out. If true football fans cant get excited, how can the hanger on's.

It wont happen, but for the Euro’s it would be great if they did bomb out all of your Terry’s, Lampards, Coles, Ferdinands and only select players like your Parkers, Kevin Davies who appreciate what they have and give everything regardless.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 20:26:24 »

Bugger the football, I assume there will be a stunners competition?!

I will watch whatever games I am about for, and hope, like many that the old guard are left at home so that the next generation can be given some tournament experience without any great expectation.

Right now I would go for Pardew as manager, not because of what he has done at Newcastle, more because I like the way he handles the media.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 20:32:52 »

I had forgotten there was a tournament, which doesnt bode well....

In terms of manager I hope Redknapp gets it just to see the red top media tie themselves in knots over it - how will all his mates in the press manage to juggle their Harry love in with slagging him off when the prima donnas fail to deliver!

We need a manager with passion - Paolo for England!
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 20:34:11 »

I assume there will be a stunners competition?!

Pleasing to see that priorities have not been neglected.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 20:35:31 »

Bugger the football, I assume there will be a stunners competition?!

I bloody hope so I have been building a squad and team spirit for this since the last euro's... its been a strugggle
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: