Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29587 times)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 14:27:08 »

Despite the miss Connell is still the best option apart from Benson up front.
The calls for Storey are ridiculous.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 14:34:20 »

Charlton fans said McCormack lacked ability as a central midfielder in league One. That may well be true.

As you say that may well be true, but he's been fucking awesome in central defence.

As for yesterday, I thought that the last few mins apart we looked solid at the back & didn't look like conceding.

As for the Connell & Murray discussion.   
I thought that Murray had one of his better games for us, but he doesn't really ever look like scoring, which for a striker is a bit shit.

Connell works his nuts off, and gets into good scoring positions but just misses too many of them (to be fair it he was taking that many of them he would be playing at a higher level than Div 4, so it's what we should expect.) But to be honest, yesterday was one of his poorer performances for Town.  That said, I would pick him for the next game over everyone except Benson. 

Ritchie was very good yesterday, and Devera was trying his hardest to get forward to offer him support (especially in the first half).

I thought that Holmes did well in the first hour, he was getting crosses into the box, the problem was that their two CH's were winning almost everything in the air (hardly a surprise against Connell & Murray to be fair, as size wise it was a bit of a no contest). However, when he switched to the right, he was very ineffective.

Rooney didn't really get into the game, tried a couple of mazy runs, but seemed to hold onto the ball too long.

Ferry was, well Ferry I guess. He's all over the park & just seems to love playing football.
Johnny Smith is less talented, but perhaps a more committed version. His passing sometimes lets him down but works so fucking hard for the team that you can't help but like him.

As others halve said, I thought McEveley had a much better game, but really tired towards the end. Still too early to judge him but a decent pre-season with PDC wouldn't do him any harm at all.

Wes, another clean sheet & the best keeper we have had for years.

Paolo seems to be coming in for a bit of a criticism regarding freezing players out, but I guess it's difficult to know what else to do.   He can't send them off to the reserves (as we don't have a reserve team), and the last thing you need is them creating unrest in the dressing room.

The best thing to do with dead wood is to cut it adrift, which is what we have done.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:09:23 »

We are missing Caddis more than I thought we would, although easily replaced in terms of his defending at the back his runs forward really do benefit the side and give us a great outlet. Devera just doesn't offer the same sort of quality going forward.

Although Cibocchi improved in his few matches before Wembley, I think the difference in class between him and McEveley is clear to see and we will do well to sign him permanently in the summer.

Would have been nice to see Bostock come on yesterday, I really like Ferry but he just offers no goal threat and that is why he's a League 1/2 player. Bostocks main attribute is his shooting and I would like to see him start on tuesday night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:25:42 »

We've got 4 games in 10 days (3 now). I'm sure we'll see Bostick and Risser during those.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:29:27 »

We are missing Caddis more than I thought we would, although easily replaced in terms of his defending at the back his runs forward really do benefit the side and give us a great outlet. Devera just doesn't offer the same sort of quality going forward.

Although Cibocchi improved in his few matches before Wembley, I think the difference in class between him and McEveley is clear to see and we will do well to sign him permanently in the summer.

Would have been nice to see Bostock come on yesterday, I really like Ferry but he just offers no goal threat and that is why he's a League 1/2 player. Bostocks main attribute is his shooting and I would like to see him start on tuesday night.

In my opinion this "McEvely is so much better than Cibocchi " is total bollocks.Sorry

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 16:34:12 »

That's fair enough. The fact that he has come in and taken his place straight away, as well as playing 150+ matches at Premier League/Championship level speaks volumes however.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 17:16:58 »

I'm not impressed by McEveley to be honest, bit slow and wuss about out 50/50 challenged.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 17:42:23 »

Despite the miss Connell is still the best option apart from Benson up front.
The calls for Storey are ridiculous.
Maybe not Storey to start but I'd much prefer to see Storey on the bench than Teehoue or Murray.
Dozno9

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 18:04:42 »

I'm not impressed by McEveley to be honest, bit slow and wuss about out 50/50 challenged.

I saw that at the Stratton Bank end, pissed me off at the time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 19:03:28 »

Cibocchi had fought so hard for that starting spot. Feels wrong that McEvely comes in and takes it without having to fight for it. Thats not what we were about under Paolo, and its not what got us to the top of the league.

Lets not get too clever for our own good planning for next season? There is still a job to be done. Some people dont care if we win the league or not. Probably the same fans who didnt care if we got the 2nd automatic spot or the play offs in 2010. The mark of a loser!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 19:29:27 »

Maybe Cibos foot is playing up? Seemed strange that he was left out the squad completely yesterday otherwise.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Coca Fola

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 19:39:54 »

McEveley is a pussy. The amount of times he pulled out of challenges was unreal and one time it almost led to a goal.. I'd much rather Kennedy or Cibocchi although saying that McEveley's debut being at Wembley probably hasn't helped him.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 20:16:26 »

Rovers were one of the poorest sides to come to the CG this season IMO. They came for the draw and they were set up to frustrate and kick us off the park.

We controlled the game, but sadly no end product. Again it looked as though Connell had a lot more time than he thought when he missed the open goal.

Big game on Tuesday and hopefully a result down their will set us up for a great Easter weekend!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 20:52:46 »

I may be going mad, but looking at the highlights, didnt connells shot go well over the line?

Never knowingly overstated.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 20:57:00 »

I may be going mad, but looking at the highlights, didnt connells shot go well over the line?

I thought it was in, in real time tbh but watching the replays I couldn't decide and assumed I was being biased.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: