Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29607 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 06:51:36 »

Multiple puncture wounds to palms and feet, and abrasions around the forehead.

Pogo sticks are dangerous

[url width=50 height=100]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/borgman72000/Smiley/pogo.gif[/url]
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 06:53:08 »

It was posted on one of the facebook pages - but now you mention it....

Yes, it most probably is...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 07:44:11 »

Yesterday was frustrating. Thought we bossed the first half and (like last week) had Connell taken his chance, we would have gone on to win handsomely. McCormack made some superb runs forward and becomes our driving force in midfield, something I guess we have to do as smith and ferry in midfield aren't really these kind of players.

Second half, some changes which didn't do that much, although benson nearly scored with a very brave header (neck injury or not!!). I thought that the Rooney/Jay combination on the left showed promise a few times but Jay is way behind the fitness of others as he struggled to track back on occasion. Think he'll make a good signing though.

Rovers weren't great and their centre back, the albino, despite winning everything in the air was atrocious at the back!! (standard div 4 I guess).

For me Flint looked shaky at times, had they been anywhere decent, rovers could have scored twice from errors at the back. McCormack was good first half, my mom was ferry, always trying to create and be busy. Devera I thought did ok at rb but it's clear we badly miss caddis (as we already know)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 08:41:33 »

Controversial, but you have to ask whether Kerrouche could do the job...
Mentioned on the radio that he is currently back in Algeria following the birth of a child. Also, that he didn't impress when loaned out to the Pox.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 09:11:58 »

Gutted about Kerrouche. He was fantastic away to Crawley.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 09:18:35 »

Why oh why is Flint not pushed up on corners....we had about a million of them the first half and i only saw him in the box once near the end of the match.
Thought the defence played really well yesterday,just missing that creative spark to put something on a plate for the forwards.

Except the Connell chance when he hit the bar Doh..if anything he connected to well with it.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 09:26:22 »

The short corner thing frustrated the hell out of me yesterday. You've got the opportunity to chuck Flint and Devera into the box and time and time again we played a short one between Holmes and McEverley. Fine, try it once, but we're sacrificing an opportunity to get it in the mixer on a regular basis with no end result.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 10:30:50 »

I have to say that yesterday in the first half we played as good as we know we can and the passing and movement was causing Rovers all sorts of bother. Connell should have taken his chance that rattled the bar but I was confident that if we continued the same in the 2nd we would have won the game comfortably. Sadly that wasn't the case.

In the second half we really dropped off. Our passing play was decent enough but unusually for us our fitness seemed to be lacking and we seemed to run out of ideas. Benson came on and did well upfront. I think what did for us was that we became too predictable on the wings and Holmes and McKevely seemed to tire a lot and they doubled up on us so that we couldn't get anything going. I think Bostock would have been a good sub yesterday. We needed something different through the middle of the park, something a bit more creative. This is supposed to be what Bostock offers and i'd have liked to have seen him given a chance to change the game.

The positives were that it wasn't particularly a bad performance. We just lacked the cutting edge. What worries me is our lack of firepower. We don't seem to have many strikers at the club that change a game. Connell and Benson are decent but they are easy to play against if the opposition has the right game plan. I have still yet to see what Murray offers us. Another nothing performance from him yesterday. Tehoue has now gone back so we're really short of options. I still don't understand why Bodin was loaned out again.

We just need to win our last 3 home games and we're up. If we win our games in hand we'll also win the league.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 11:00:42 »

Thought Murray did well in the first half myself.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #219 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 11:52:51 »

Call me old-fashioned, but seeing the season we are having I think it stinks that people single out certain players for criticism.

Not everyone can be a world-beater but each and every one of them has contributed to where we are today.

There's just no pleasing some people.
Flashheart

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 11:56:47 »

PDC should just have asked two or three Orient fans about Tehoue before signing him

Should he also have asked two or three Charlton fans about McCormack before signing him?

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 12:08:24 »

McEveley had a decent game - I think he will become an importanr player for us in the remaining games.

Flint and McCormack looked assured.

Connell worked hard but was let down once or twice by lacking a bit of quality - he just needs a couple of goals to get back in the groove.

Murray was always going to struggle against their centre backs, but in general I don't rate him and would rather have Billy Bodin, Kerrouche or De Vita.

I still think Jonathan Smith could develop into an important player for us - he is great at breaking up play, just needs to be a bit more consistent with his passing.

A good point against a team who came to frustrate/kick us off the park.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Flashheart

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 12:09:30 »

Anybody know what's happening with Cox.

Is he out of favour or injured. Would it seem he is a dud?
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 12:53:24 »

Should he also have asked two or three Charlton fans about McCormack before signing him?

Charlton fans said McCormack lacked ability as a central midfielder in league One. That may well be true.

They didn't say he was lazy.

I get your point. That fans often have one-eyed views of players who are leaving. But when so many talk about bad attitude, it does set off alarm bells in terms of PDC's high expectations. That's all I was saying.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, April 1, 2012, 14:21:08 »

Murray was always going to struggle against their centre backs, but in general I don't rate him and would rather have Billy Bodin, Kerrouche or De Vita.

De Vita coming on up front was interesting, its been a few months since he played up top if my memory serves me correctly.

Wouldnt mind seeing Benson/De Vita up front on Tuesday
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: