Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are we as good as we think?  (Read 9889 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 19:43:59 »

Alan Macs distribution of the ball is about 100 times better than Greers.

First back line we've had since Greer that Greer wouldnt walk into at the moment.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:19:18 »

I think this is an excellent subject and someting that has crosed my mind in recent weeks.  I think we are a solid team going through, dare I say it, a little nervy patch.

I think where we have excelled - and sorry if I sound like Yoda - is in sheer fitness and hard work. That has lead to team spirit, leading to confidence, leading to a winning mentality. Winning is a habit but driven by those aforementioned things.

Whilst I think the strikers have done a great job we have created a lot of chances and had we had an Austin, White, Shearer to name a few we would already be up. 

I think we could do with a bit of cover at the back, another playmaker in midfield and a poacher up front and we'd have a team that could get us up next year should we be in league one.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:25:06 »

One of the biggest myths in football is that there's 'not much difference' in standards between leagues one and two, there's as big of a gap as between the other divisions.

Having said that, we're a completely different team now to the one that started the league...imagine where we would be if we had started with Foderingham, Rooney, Benson and ironically a player we did have here at the start but loaned out in Bodin?

If we keep together our key players next year, then I believe we're one quality striker and one or two others away from being a League One play off team. Big if though obviously.
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:35:12 »

A new LB please

We're too reliant on Ferry so another one of those would do nicely.

Do J Smith or Cox have the minerals?

A striker?  I'm hoping Bodin will become a town ledge just like his dad. He's still very young at 19 (?)

Coca Fola

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:36:00 »

Alan Macs distribution of the ball is about 100 times better than Greers.

First back line we've had since Greer that Greer wouldnt walk into at the moment.
You're an idiot. Greer is a million times better than Devera.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 20:41:10 »

Are we as good as we think?

We have beaten Wigan, Colchester, Huddersfield, City and Exeter this season. We did OK at times against Leicester too.

I think we would be top half of league 1, we would need a left back, striker and another midfielder minimum to challenge.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 22:49:41 »

A friend said to me the other day that Alan Mac is the Gordon Greer replacement we'd been searching for all along. It had never dawned on me before, but he is right.

Alan Mac can't half yell when he needs to. One stage in the Daggers games the crowd had gone a bit quiet, and Cibocci was having a funny five minutes and have just dived into, and completely missed a tackle. Then Alan Mac pipes up with a very loud "Cibo, Fucking Hell".

Made us laugh, but whatever Cibocci's shortcomings, he doesn't go into his shell after a mistake and a bollocking (the way someone like Rose would have), and he grafted and improved.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 8, 2012, 23:34:37 »

In answer to the thread question: Yes we are for this league!

#VivaKenBarlow!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 07:33:12 »

Perhaps we should sign that Greek full back ?  (Hubris, I think his name is)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 07:40:26 »

Perhaps we should sign that Greek full back ?  (Hubris, I think his name is)

Is he the one who keeps falling over?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 09:23:29 »

Interesting topic. I think if we were to keep Caddis, Ferry and Ritchie (Foderingham, Rooney very likely to stay) I think we would be good enough for at least top 10. I still think we would need another proven striker at league 1 level if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge. Saying all that this league has been absolutely dire, only Gills and Shrews have actually looked any good. We musn't forget that the players in this side are still very young and they will have improved next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:14:39 »

You're an idiot. Greer is a million times better than Devera.

You need centre backs who compliment each other. Not 2 who in effect play the same role.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:17:39 »

I heard Devera say to McCormack in the last game, "Boy, you're looking tidy in them shorts" and McCormack replied "Thanks mate, you're pretty fit yourself, you handsome thing you"
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:41:14 »

I heard Devera say to McCormack in the last game, "Boy, you're looking tidy in them shorts" and McCormack replied "Thanks mate, you're pretty fit yourself, you handsome thing you"

:gay:
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 9, 2012, 10:42:27 »

Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: