Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT Trophy Chesterfield V Swindon Town  (Read 4584 times)
Navyred stfc

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:51:09 »

The thing is its better just to accept that not everyone will know the songs or that some just dont want to sing. I tried my hardest to get a section near us singing last time out but it was never going to happen. I've said before that the atmosphere in the other play off finals was always great so just put it down to a shit day. The singing section will be in full voice and it will catch on. Would love to see our end packed but for that to happen we do need the non regulars to come in the red of Swindon.

They will come and let's hope it's a good day out had by all, the fact it's Chesterfield might give this game a more relaxed, party like atmosphere, clearly lacking against Millwall in my opinion. Paolo has certainly galvanised the club so we should see this run off on some of the people coming for the day out.
REDBUCK

« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:59:25 »

The atmophere at our play off final was a bit quiet but hopefully with the designated singing section this time setup then those that like to be noisy will all sit in there and it will spread to the rest of the areas

What with the famous lengthy repertoir of about 5 songs
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 19:14:27 »

30K each would be a a cracking effort.

I think 25 is more realistic, that said I'm going with a group of 6, none of whom came to the PO final, so who knows.

Bloody hell Dave, I had to re-read that. I was expecting something along the lines of "Grown men going to a football match?? Really ?? Get a life you losers!"

Or something along those lines Cool
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 22:24:56 »

For all the day tripper snobery I started following the town this season just for a day out with DiCanio being the main draw. My first game was the friendly against super marine and from that point on I have never looked back. I remember there were cars all over grass on the sides of the roads and that they had to delay the game to get everyone in. The draw of Dicanio along with all the personel changes meant for many swindonians it was their first look at DiCanio and the newly assembled squad, the anticipation was imense.

I never bought a season ticket as i was unsure whether i would just get bored with it so i was prepared to pay the £25 plus £2 admin charges so i could take it and leave it as i pleased.  This has now somewhat turned into something more than what I had ever imagine it would. I have missed two home games all season and I must have spent a fortune, much more than a season ticket. With this my father started coming with me and he has now stated that he has caught the bug. My father inlaw now comes and we all walk up to the ground, as i only live about a mile and a half away, talking non stop about football in general, the town and about Dicanio.

I started off as one of those quiet people who was reluctant to sing due to not knowing the songs, just if i looked out of place or If i was the only one. Now I do generally get involved with the singing when others around me are and generally i now go home with a horse voice. I have now bought swindon merchandise as well as presents for my dad from the ground and enjoy being part of paolos red and white army.

I think the point I am trying to make is that an occassion like wembley brings new people out who are not normal swindon town supporters but for some, like it did for me, it will manifest into something more and they will wanna go to more games, bring along family members and friends which inturn will generate more income for the club. Swindon has a big population to draw uppon and if STFC can captivate more of them it will only benefit the club more and push STFC up to the heights of where we all wanna be.

I currently try and get seats for the DR stand and I always look to the town end and think one day I will occassionally join all those and bellow at the top of my voice. I feel proud of the atmosphere generated by the town end and even when we were playing shite against shrewsbury the town end just kept bellowing.

So please dont knock the day trippers as some will find a new love in swindon town that day. Me I am chomping at the bit to get my tickets on the 28th, the coach is already booked. I look forward to the day when I can walk up to the ground with my two boys, currently 2 and half and 4 months along with their grandads to a packed county ground and it all started with DiCanio at super Marine, everyone has to start somewhere.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2012, 22:34:05 by LittleRed » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 22:29:03 »

Good post, and well done for sharing it. There are only a few miserable anoraks on here that seem to think they should be the only ones at wembley , fuck em. Enjoy yourself, and i personally hope many more feel and do the same as you.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 22:42:13 »

Littlered, fair play to you and like you mentioned we all started somewhere. Hope you enjoy the day and many years to come supporting the Town.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 22:58:04 »

Good job you didnt come last year little red......you would of never come again.

Enjoy your day but please don't sit behind me and bitch when I stand up when Benson gets his swede on a long cross to put us one up!

Clems Army!
KevoBmmd Blue

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:13:38 »

I really pity your fans with the stupid charges for buying the Tickets through the agency. It's a shame it's the true fans that are being ripped off.

I'm glad CFC have decided to Sell the Tickets through their own Staff at the Ground.

It's nice to see you moving your tickets as fast as we did. CFC are expecting to sell less than STFC specially as the allowance of selling the tickets is out of CFC's hands. Hence their request for just the initial 21,000 tickets. The Club don't want to be left with unsold tickets and end up paying for the pleasure.

We only have the £46 tickets left and cannot have anymore £26 tickets until the £46 have all been sold.

Comparing the sales is a little difficult but here is a breakdown of how ours went.

We have 5,800 season ticket holders in total, with unrestricted ticket allowances.

Tickets were sold in blocks working from behind the goal towards the corners.

Day One was for the Kop & Legends Lounges Only - 6,000 (Mainly Singers) SOLD
Day Two was for HTM Main stand only - 2,000 SOLD
Day Three was for the Coop Stand - 2,000 SOLD
Day Four was Loyalty Card - 1,500 SOLD
No Day Five, Six or Seven Due to Match Day Tickets Sales and the Local Derby with Real Madrid of League One (Megsons Quote Not Mine)
Day Eight was Club Online & General sale - 3,500
Total To Date - atleast 16,500

Expected after Pay Day & Dole Day 18,500 to 20,000

110 Confirmed coaches with only 47 from the club and the rest from surrounding pubs with the Bridge in taking 17.

Several fans waiting and hoping the Top Tier £26 Seats come on Sale or the Balance of the Seats towards the Half Way Line.

Good Luck with the Sales and everything else except the result. Atleast let us have pleasure in winning something other than relagation after all we have done what you are doing lets hope you don't do what we are doing this year.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:15:40 »

Good job you didnt come last year little red......you would of never come again.

Enjoy your day but please don't sit behind me and bitch when I stand up when Benson gets his swede on a long cross to put us one up!

You wont find me bitching. The only Problem I had when I was at wembly before was when a pissed up guy, along with his pissed up GF was in front of me standing on his chair and spilling his pint over everyone. Thats where I draw the line. The singing sections should sort out the problem of people who want to stand up all the time and those that wanna sit.

I will enjoy it, going for my obligatory half a pound cheese burger and the walk around the outside of the stadium, the coffee on the inside and then finally the game. Should be a good day out.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:17:54 by LittleRed » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 23:21:53 »

I really pity your fans with the stupid charges for buying the Tickets through the agency. It's a shame it's the true fans that are being ripped off.

I'm glad CFC have decided to Sell the Tickets through their own Staff at the Ground.

It's nice to see you moving your tickets as fast as we did. CFC are expecting to sell less than STFC specially as the allowance of selling the tickets is out of CFC's hands. Hence their request for just the initial 21,000 tickets. The Club don't want to be left with unsold tickets and end up paying for the pleasure.

We only have the £46 tickets left and cannot have anymore £26 tickets until the £46 have all been sold.

Comparing the sales is a little difficult but here is a breakdown of how ours went.

We have 5,800 season ticket holders in total, with unrestricted ticket allowances.

Tickets were sold in blocks working from behind the goal towards the corners.

Day One was for the Kop & Legends Lounges Only - 6,000 (Mainly Singers) SOLD
Day Two was for HTM Main stand only - 2,000 SOLD
Day Three was for the Coop Stand - 2,000 SOLD
Day Four was Loyalty Card - 1,500 SOLD
No Day Five, Six or Seven Due to Match Day Tickets Sales and the Local Derby with Real Madrid of League One (Megsons Quote Not Mine)
Day Eight was Club Online & General sale - 3,500
Total To Date - atleast 16,500

Expected after Pay Day & Dole Day 18,500 to 20,000

110 Confirmed coaches with only 47 from the club and the rest from surrounding pubs with the Bridge in taking 17.

Several fans waiting and hoping the Top Tier £26 Seats come on Sale or the Balance of the Seats towards the Half Way Line.

Good Luck with the Sales and everything else except the result. Atleast let us have pleasure in winning something other than relagation after all we have done what you are doing lets hope you don't do what we are doing this year.

Good luck to you guys. The main thing is that it should be a good atmosphere unlike when we last went there against Millwall. I'm going to enjoy the day, win or lose. The last 3 times I went to watch Town at Wembley was all about the result, this time less so.
I've been up to Chesterfield a couple of times including the Friday night game where it was called off and the game was played the next day. i had a good kip in your copshop after several beers were thrown down the neck. I've enjoyed my visits there.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 02:18:09 »

Littlered, good posts, if only more new fans were like you, you are an example to follow, when the stadium is finally redeveloped I anticipate a positive impact in getting even more new fans/old fans to come and watch the town. The club is moving in the right direction on all fronts, long may it continue.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 07:42:47 »

Good post from littlered, having been a regular through the 70's, 80's through to the post premiership bollocks I have only really dipped my toe in from time to time in recent years. Two games have restarted my interest, Fulham in the cup and this seasons Cirencester pre season friendly. Will prob end up with a TE season ticket next year, so it takes all sorts little of little sparks to get people into/back into it.

Btw ref the scum blather on other posts, I only recall 3 teams taking the town end. Millwall when they charged from Stratton Bank, Arsenal in the cup 72 and Ayr Utd in a pre season friendly (think there was 7 pissed up jocks)
fatbasher

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 08:05:49 »

For all the day tripper snobery I started following the town this season just for a day out with DiCanio being the main draw. My first game was the friendly against super marine and from that point on I have never looked back. I remember there were cars all over grass on the sides of the roads and that they had to delay the game to get everyone in. The draw of Dicanio along with all the personel changes meant for many swindonians it was their first look at DiCanio and the newly assembled squad, the anticipation was imense.

I never bought a season ticket as i was unsure whether i would just get bored with it so i was prepared to pay the £25 plus £2 admin charges so i could take it and leave it as i pleased.  This has now somewhat turned into something more than what I had ever imagine it would. I have missed two home games all season and I must have spent a fortune, much more than a season ticket. With this my father started coming with me and he has now stated that he has caught the bug. My father inlaw now comes and we all walk up to the ground, as i only live about a mile and a half away, talking non stop about football in general, the town and about Dicanio.

I started off as one of those quiet people who was reluctant to sing due to not knowing the songs, just if i looked out of place or If i was the only one. Now I do generally get involved with the singing when others around me are and generally i now go home with a horse voice. I have now bought swindon merchandise as well as presents for my dad from the ground and enjoy being part of paolos red and white army.

I think the point I am trying to make is that an occassion like wembley brings new people out who are not normal swindon town supporters but for some, like it did for me, it will manifest into something more and they will wanna go to more games, bring along family members and friends which inturn will generate more income for the club. Swindon has a big population to draw uppon and if STFC can captivate more of them it will only benefit the club more and push STFC up to the heights of where we all wanna be.

I currently try and get seats for the DR stand and I always look to the town end and think one day I will occassionally join all those and bellow at the top of my voice. I feel proud of the atmosphere generated by the town end and even when we were playing shite against shrewsbury the town end just kept bellowing.

So please dont knock the day trippers as some will find a new love in swindon town that day. Me I am chomping at the bit to get my tickets on the 28th, the coach is already booked. I look forward to the day when I can walk up to the ground with my two boys, currently 2 and half and 4 months along with their grandads to a packed county ground and it all started with DiCanio at super Marine, everyone has to start somewhere.

"Ay, son I was there" & " One day son all this will be yours" spring to mind. I have to say I have mixed feelings about day trippers they fucking annoy me TBH, however, you make some valid points and your post overall warmed the cockles of my heart especially about you two nippers. To that end mu wife has caught the bug after 12 years of being a Saturday widow and both she and my 7 y/o are coming to day. Could two more ST for next year flying Swindon's way..
Ash Brake Red

In Paolo We Trust

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 08:09:43 »

Good post from littlered, having been a regular through the 70's, 80's through to the post premiership bollocks I have only really dipped my toe in from time to time in recent years. Two games have restarted my interest, Fulham in the cup and this seasons Cirencester pre season friendly. Will prob end up with a TE season ticket next year, so it takes all sorts little of little sparks to get people into/back into it.

Btw ref the scum blather on other posts, I only recall 3 teams taking the town end. Millwall when they charged from Stratton Bank, Arsenal in the cup 72 and Ayr Utd in a pre season friendly (think there was 7 pissed up jocks)

Snap Farmer..

I too have refound the faith...thanks to PDC...a man of honour and i hope loyalty...
I can only see goods times ahead for STFC...

In Paolo we trust.....
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 08:38:13 »

It's certainly when we're having a successful period that we can attract new fans or bring back new fans.  We need to welcome such fans not put them off with our one-upmanship.

After attending when I could as a teenager I only made the occasional match betwen 1979 and 1995 due to living away from the area and other things in my life.
I brought my daughter to the first match of the 95-96 season and got sucked in by the success of winning the 3rd tier that year and ended up going to 16 matches that year. 16 seasons later I'm a ST and my son also gets to matches when he can.
I'm not sure such a scenario would have happened had we had a season like last when I returned and I may still be a daytripper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: