Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT Trophy Chesterfield V Swindon Town  (Read 4694 times)
DBSpireite78

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 14:36:52 »

Hi everyone im a chesterfield fan in peace here, to start with sorry if this is in the wrong place its the first time ive been to your forum.
Anyway are you looking forward to the final and how many are you looking at taking? at the moment we have sold just over 15,000 should be a good game i for one am looking forward to it
hope you enjoy the day just as we will be doing and like ourselfs i wish you the best of luck
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 14:40:48 »

I think we've sold about 8k-ish since Tuesday, should be a decent day out.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 14:44:53 »

I think we've sold about 8k-ish since Tuesday, should be a decent day out.

Yep, but isn't that only season tic holders? I think general sale is next Tuesday.  Would be nice to sell 25K, and anything over 30k would be very good. 

What do chesterfield reckon they'll shift?  15k already would indicate a fair few.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 14:50:17 »

30K each would be a a cracking effort.

I think 25 is more realistic, that said I'm going with a group of 6, none of whom came to the PO final, so who knows.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:22:29 »

I think 25k is easily achievable from us, maybe 30k at a push, I would think that your (Chestefield) ticket buying momentum has hit its buffers now and that you probably wont shift more than another 1k or so.

I recon it will be a good 45k crowd which aint too shabby really, breaking the 50k would be excellent.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:25:17 »

Fair play to Chesterfield for selling 15k so far, let's hope they get atleast 20k there as it'd be a shame to have their end of the ground half empty.

As mentioned, we've sold 8,000 so far (in 3 days of sales). Expect it to go up pretty quickly when they go on general sale.
DBSpireite78

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:30:00 »

Yep, but isn't that only season tic holders? I think general sale is next Tuesday.  Would be nice to sell 25K, and anything over 30k would be very good. 

What do chesterfield reckon they'll shift?  15k already would indicate a fair few.

Probably somewhere between 18,000 & 21,000 i doubt we will be asking for anymore were struggling now to sell the top £46 tickets we have sold the others people are rightly saying its too expensive. What does get to me though as i think it would some of your fans is that people who were calling it a pointless trophy or a tin-pot cup are now going to the final as it a day out at wembley.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:30:59 »

Totally agree. I'd much rather there were only 7,000 people there.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:39:10 »

Totally agree. I'd much rather there were only 7,000 people there.

7000 in a 90000 arena would be truly awful in all seriousness, I'm as pissed off with the day-trippers as the next fan but would love a big following from both sets of supporters.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:43:16 »

I went to the non league play off final at the old Wembley with Chippenham Town. Crowd was about 12 -15,000 & the atmosphere was a bit like a damp squib

From the Dark Side
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:46:09 »

The atmophere at our play off final was a bit quiet but hopefully with the designated singing section this time setup then those that like to be noisy will all sit in there and it will spread to the rest of the areas
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 15:56:03 »

7000 in a 90000 arena would be truly awful in all seriousness, I'm as pissed off with the day-trippers as the next fan but would love a big following from both sets of supporters.
These "day trippers" statements make me laugh. Do you think some foreign tourists are going to take time out from Big Ben and Nelsons column to come and watch Swindon in the JPT final? Over the years there has been thousands and thousands of people who have supported and followed Swindon. There are people on here who can only make a couple of games a season and maybe even the finals but you couldn't  label them "day trippers " The " day trippers who will come to the final want to be part of the the day with Swindon and have a good day out with family and friends. Some may not want or need them there but you can bet your life the club does.
Navyred stfc

« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:11:04 »

These "day trippers" statements make me laugh. Do you think some foreign tourists are going to take time out from Big Ben and Nelsons column to come and watch Swindon in the JPT final? Over the years there has been thousands and thousands of people who have supported and followed Swindon. There are people on here who can only make a couple of games a season and maybe even the finals but you couldn't  label them "day trippers " The " day trippers who will come to the final want to be part of the the day with Swindon and have a good day out with family and friends. Some may not want or need them there but you can bet your life the club does.

I have a season ticket but I can't make all the games due to work commitments, I also live in the midlands but still go to all the games I cam get too, anyway I haven't got a problem with people going but at least this time maybe join in the singing, you know be spontaneous, the play-off final was cringeworthy at times, in my section me and my mates were getting daggers for singing!!
« Last Edit: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:13:22 by Navyred stfc » Logged
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:16:20 »

I went to the non league play off final at the old Wembley with Chippenham Town. Crowd was about 12 -15,000 & the atmosphere was a bit like a damp squib
think that was the FA Vase about 10-12 years ago
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 24, 2012, 16:18:34 »

The thing is its better just to accept that not everyone will know the songs or that some just dont want to sing. I tried my hardest to get a section near us singing last time out but it was never going to happen. I've said before that the atmosphere in the other play off finals was always great so just put it down to a shit day. The singing section will be in full voice and it will catch on. Would love to see our end packed but for that to happen we do need the non regulars to come in the red of Swindon.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: