Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crawley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 54289 times)
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 11:50:43 »

have not my a/c approved yet either

Flashheart

« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 11:51:54 »

I did register......... weeks ago.

I have not had my account approved so I can still access nothing. Tinpot cunts can't even run a forum.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 11:54:55 »

2nd post down, not overly difficult.

http://ctfc.net/forum/

I know, thanks for patronising me. I couldn't see any posts and I didn't realise that you needed to register. If it's too much bother for you, don't reply to my request no-ones forcing you!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 11:57:30 »

I did register......... weeks ago.

I have not had my account approved so I can still access nothing. Tinpot cunts can't even run a forum.

Took them 3 weeks to approve mine, its shit anyway and not a lot of posts there anyway mate but it is the only Creepy forum there is that anyone posts on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:00:14 »

I like this post from the Creepy forum made me larf......

Well beaten by (in the second half) a side who worked harder and were more committed than us, but Paolo and his passion - if that means surrounding the referee every time a player commits a foul? Do you think you are Man Utd, bit of a disgrace that with Caddis and Ritchie leading the attempts to get people sent off. The attempt to get Davis sent off for a foul on the halfway line was pathetic, a clear goalscoring chance with 50yd + still to go!!!.
Deserved win though and quite impressive atmosphere and nice to see a team who are not land of the giants like Cheltenham, but the most depressing second half I have witnessed for a long time and not the best £120 I have spent on Valentines day (me and two boys total spend on the night with Swindon rip off prices, coach etc)!

WR5

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:02:09 »

JJ are they saying anything of interest today?

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:03:55 »

I like this post from the Creepy forum made me larf......

"swindon rip off prices" take it he isn't spending £32 on watching them play Stoke then
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:05:41 »

Home fans paid £25 and got value for money. It's not our fault his team didn't provide the same level of enjoyment for him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:08:50 »

JJ are they saying anything of interest today?

Crap back down to earth with a bump. Can't believe anyone in this league could beat us 3-0 twice.

Swindon were better! We were poor! Didn't take chances and got punished! Generally felt it lacked a bit of grit and want from us!

Tactically they got it right and we got it wrong!

If their keeper hadnt kept out our best chances might have been different but their goalie made some terrific saves and for me was the difference...also our defence was just 2nd best

Final thoughts on the way home.

I didn't think that Swindon were that great, however they wanted it more than us. They took their chances and we didn't and that was the difference.

First and third goals from forwards totally unmarked, the second from Kuipers errors.

Too many players off par today. Kuipers looked like a player nearing the end of his career - nervous handling and feeble kicking. Hunt was taken apart by Rooney (who was playing for Lewes on loan only a year or so ago). Torres a yard off the pace so the middle 3 were overrun. Watt may have a good touch but he didn't look up for the battle tonight. Clarke, lightweight and wasted all the set pieces on the left (leave them to Howells next game). Hawley only had 30 mins so harsh to judge but missed an excellent chance. Nielsen, had no impact as a sub and not good enough for league football.

Down to 5th as a result, 2 games in hand but we need to start winning a few with fixture congestion coming up.

We missed a creative spark in midfield.
A disappointing might but we move on, after the 3-0 at home we went on a good run and we can do that again.

Sounded as if we were outplayed today. JB was complementing how well they were playing on reds player.

As others said, a combination of poor finishing and bad luck meant we weren't level at HT and if we were there was always a good chance we'd get something from the game.

I guess it's not that bad to lose to the Man City of league 2. Like them, they seem to be able to field different players every game and still bl00dy win! Evil or Very Mad

Losing to Swindon with their scumbag fascist manager is hard to take, but we're still in the mix for promotion and we are capable of finishing in the top 3 although we may have to settle for 2nd or 3rd.

Well, that was poor, particularly for £25!

First half was fairly even and we could have gone in at half time 1 - 1. alternatively, we could have gone in down to 10 men.

Second half, I was expecting a better reaction, but Swindon closed us down and didn't let us play. instead we just lobbed the ball forward in the general direction of the front two. Over the two games, Swindon had clearly done their homework.

it looked like too many players had an eye on the match this weekend. Barnett struggled and Watt hardly won a single header.

Still, not the worst I've seen them play this season.

A game of 2 halfs, first half we looked quite lively, poor refereeing decision and there goalkeeper were the only reason we were behind at half time.
2nd half we never got going. This was my second visit to Swindon, my last visit was in 1994 Swindons glory year! Nothing has changed since then, and they obviously still think they are in the Premier league charging £25 to get in. Still onwards and upwards im sure both clubs will be in league 1 next season. Bring on the Stoke!

We had the better of the opening minutes then an injury to Howell knocked us out of our stride and most of the rest of the first half Swindon looked livelier. After their first, the Ref (and especially the Lino) missed what looked a blatant hand ball for a penalty, and we had some good efforts on goal saved well by Foderingham. After the break we weren't really in it and I couldn't believe I was watching mostly the same team that tonked Cheltenham and Hull. Hey Ho, a battle lost but still in the war.

Kuipers looked very tentative but then he hasn't played for 5 months.

Still think we'll make the play-offs at least.

Went to the game last night to be honest we got played off the park, Swindon were the better team.
So we start again lets the look mto the future we are still in a good place.

A disappointing result, not so much for the loss (we were always going to struggle to get anything) but the way it was so emphatic. Loss of morale and loss of goal difference.

But we move on.

If only we had a pressure-free, win-win, high profile match to get our minds off the league next...

I am dissapointed by last night, but I can't say I was suprised.
I know the league is more important, logic tells you it is.
But I must say I can't get my mind of the dream, (I know its impossible Stoke are a premier league side!) but if we win Sunday we will be in the 6th round of the FA cup !

If the players feel like me I can't blame them for being a little distracted and not putting in a great performance last night.

And to cap it all our best player Pablo (imo) had to come off injured, he will be a huge loss for the Stoke game if it is serious, anybody know yet?
One good thing though with only a "modest" turn out of 260, it proves what a romantic lot Crawley fans are (either that or broke for some a month of trekking the length and breadth of the country?!)

Thats pretty much all of it today.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:22:33 »

http://www.skysports.com/fanzone/blogs/story/0,,16907_7522626,00.html

Was on the same course as Chris at college. Great writer and big Town fan.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:24:24 »

http://www.skysports.com/fanzone/blogs/story/0,,16907_7522626,00.html

Was on the same course as Chris at college. Great writer and big Town fan.

Chris Panks?  I am sure thats him
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:25:30 »

Thought that was a great performance last night. Crawley came for a draw and tried to slow the play right down, players going down every 5 mins and saying down, goalie taking an age to kick the ball and that's how it started off. Obviously. Crawley's tactics are to kick their way out of the division all their players were big and physically built but for all the pressure they applied initially you always knew they were gonna tire. Particularly this happened in the second half and the town fully capitalised with some great goals.

I imagine Evans will be reporting Swindon due to Rooney as his first goal he celebrated right in front of the evans and then out his finger to his mouth looking towards the Crawley fans and the. For the second everyone else was celebrating over in front of the don rogers stand and Rooney came over to Evans and had another few words.

Ps I thought the town end sang brilliantly and had me and my dad in fits of laughter with the lyrics. Evans complaining about the referee is a bit rich and I thought he might have had a crawley shirt on underneath.

One other point in the game that I particularly liked was when the town end were sing to DiCanio to give us a wave, and he actually acknowledge the chant which in my experience was a first and he got just as big a chant as when the goals went in.

It was. Massive game for us and one we made looked easy!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:26:49 »

Chris Panks?  I am sure thats him

That's the fella Smiley

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 12:44:32 »

I know, thanks for patronising me. I couldn't see any posts and I didn't realise that you needed to register. If it's too much bother for you, don't reply to my request no-ones forcing you!

Don't ask for help because you are too bone idle to google yourself and then slag someone off that answers the question that you asked.

Do you want him to drive to your place and turn your PC on as well?

Jeez.  It's not his fault that you aren't registered and there is no need for that sort of response. I don't think he will respond to your requests for help in future.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 13:13:46 »

Yes

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: