Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PdC coming up on Sky Sports!  (Read 12177 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 16:50:22 »

We'll see....part of me wants to give in and part of me wants to stick to my word!

I'm a stubborn cunt, which I'm sure you were all very aware of.

After 22 years of watching STFC in all four divisions, for me this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons to date - you really are missing out on all the fun.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 16:52:48 »

I just wish you'd go, I know how much you love the Town and you're missing out. Sure it's a bit shit at times but nowhere near as bad as last time we were down here.

It's much better than the last time we were down here. We're pissing other fans off and winning games. Oh and there's a chance we could have a another day out at Wembley to make up for the dross we saw there last time. In short it's fucking ace.

DV you're missing out.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 16:54:00 »

PDC has brought a lot of attention to the club, we're on the way up and will be for some time (touch wood), it's an investment that should pay off in the long term.. Right?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 16:54:25 »

So, if those figures are even remotely accurate (I expect most of them were 'undisclosed') and all up front thats 450k spent and 100k received.

A net spend of 350k - thats not alot even for League Two is it? Not even half a Matt Tubbs!!

Factor in cup runs as well and most of that 350k has probably been re-couped. If we get to the JPT final it will easily outweigh the spend.
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 16:55:52 »

PDC has brought a lot of attention to the club, we're on the way up and will be for some time (touch wood), it's an investment that should pay off in the long term.. Right?

Long term? Sure

I expect it's also paying off in the short term.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:00:01 »

Again, I have a lot of man-love for PdC

I come from a land down-under
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:02:47 »

After 22 years of watching STFC in all four divisions, for me this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons to date - you really are missing out on all the fun.

This
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:04:13 »

Most enjoyable season to date?? It's league fucking two. As fun as it is to be winning matches, we were doing the same against better opposition two seasons ago.

Things get better but they never get good
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:06:26 »

Most enjoyable season to date?? It's league fucking two. As fun as it is to be winning matches, we were doing the same against better opposition two seasons ago.

Maybe, but there is a buzz around the club that has been missing for many years. It wasn't until the last few games 2 seasons ago that people were getting really amped about our future.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:07:35 »

That was a great season but it just didn't seem to have the same buzz around the whole club in general that it does now. Wilson or Di Canio? Di Canio is much more exciting. Plus we have the rivalry with Oxford back this season as well. The standard of football in 09/10 was slightly better though. I think a lot of people's opinions on that season are slightly tarnished by the dull and drab way it ended. If we were going to go out (as we did) at least finish on a high note. We finished on a miserable one. There's a chance we could win this league and the JPT. That will easily outweigh 09/10 for me personally.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:08:25 »

I'm enjoying this season more than the 09/10 play off season.
Flashheart

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:10:56 »

So bloody what.

I for one am thoroughly enjoying this season. More so than the recent play-off season, and them some.

It's not just the football and winning matches, it's the while kit and kaboodle. Having a nutty yet entertaining gaffer. the Clarke saga. Constable-gate. Winding up the pox. Even losing to the pox. Seeing other teams and managers having a pop. Keeping Ritchie. Cup giant killing. And probably countless other stuff I've already forgotten.

Football is about entertainment and this season has had it by the shed load. I'll take a season like this than an average season in the Championship any time.

And the best thing is, It's not even over yet.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:11:33 »

Maybe it's accentuated by the comparison to last year's horror show, but the combination of the way the club's being run off the pitch, the manager and his infectious enthusiasm and eccentricities, a couple of good cup runs and the hope and expectation that this could preface a really promising period in the club's history mean at least for me personally the enjoyment I've had out of this season is more than in 09/10.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:11:40 »

I dunno, maybe it's because i'm expecting us to be up the top this season (given our resources we should be), it doesn't feel 'exciting' as much. If it carries on into next season then i'll get proper buzzed, but aside from a few games this season (southend and wigan spring to mind), this seasons been nothing more than pleasant.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:13:06 »

That was probably badly worded. What I should have said was that for me, only the southend & wigan games stand out as more enjoyable than the 09/10 season.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: