Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PdC coming up on Sky Sports!  (Read 12113 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:14:24 »

Not only are things looking good on the pitch.

Has there ever been a season so entertaining off the pitch? I can't remember one.
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:15:07 »

only the southend & wigan games stand out as more enjoyable than the 09/10 season.

Who's to say there's not more of them to come? that's what's so exciting, we have the potential to reproduce those performances time and time again.
Barry Scott

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:15:43 »

I'm enjoying this season more than the 09/10 play off season.

Same. I've enjoyed this season so much more than 09/10. The whole feel around the club doesn't even compare in my opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:19:14 »

09/10 we were punching above our weight and beating teams with resources that drawfed ours, we were the underdogs for alot of it.

This season - we're the top dogs and the team to beat, everyone wants to talk about us just to get some column inches. At the end of the day winning this league is the minimum requirement isnt it?

Off the pitch though - I think the turning down the bids for Matt Ritchie is the moment STFC finally got its balls back - and thats impressed me more so than anything else. You only have to look at last season when we decided to sell our two most important players pretty much first chance we got and suffered for it. Football before balance sheets (to a certain extent obviously)

Whilst entertainment is good. I have to disagree football isnt about entertainment its about winning.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 17:21:34 »

I have to disagree football isnt about entertainment its about winning.

That's your opinion, but either way. We're now doing both.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 18:30:50 »

Fuck me, there's more Town fans on that thread than Oxford fans. Still, when an Oxford fan says, "(Swindon) Look nailed on to win the league to me", then you know you're on to a good thing. Cool

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 18:33:01 »

We'll see....part of me wants to give in and part of me wants to stick to my word!

I'm a stubborn cunt, which I'm sure you were all very aware of.

Life's way to short to stop yourself doing something which you love doing just to prove a point. You could drop dead tomorrow. Get back down the County Ground ASAP you daft bastard. You're missing out and you know it.
Spud

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 18:38:33 »

Life's way to short to stop yourself doing something which you love doing just to prove a point. You could drop dead tomorrow. Get back down the County Ground ASAP you daft bastard. You're missing out and you know it.

Agreed. I'd be gutted if I made a point of boycotting this season and stuck to it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 18:39:18 »

That was probably badly worded. What I should have said was that for me, only the southend & wigan games stand out as more enjoyable than the 09/10 season.

Northampton away??
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 18:49:42 »

Most enjoyable season to date?? It's league fucking two. As fun as it is to be winning matches, we were doing the same against better opposition two seasons ago.

It's not the division or league position that makes it exciting, it's the whole package - PDC, Wray, keeping hold of talented players and bidding for players from all our rivals (did we spend as much on players 2 seasons ago?) and playing the Pox again. Plus as others have said, we're the top dogs in L2 and everyone's talking about us. I love it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:03:00 »

As much as I'm enjoying this season I don't think anything has come close, results wise, to some of the games in 09/10. Beating both Leeds and southampton home & away will live long in my memory, together with the play off semi at charlton.

Having said that, there is definitely a greater buzz around the club in general this season.

I fucking love PDC!

It's All Good..............
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:05:45 »

It's not the division or league position that makes it exciting, it's the whole package - PDC, Wray, keeping hold of talented players and bidding for players from all our rivals (did we spend as much on players 2 seasons ago?) and playing the Pox again. Plus as others have said, we're the top dogs in L2 and everyone's talking about us. I love it.
That's pretty much the point I was going to make. I would prefer it if we were second in L1 rather than L2 but I couldn't possibly be getting any more enjoyment out of this season than what I am. I enjoyed the 85-86 Macari multi-record breaking season' more than the Premier League season. The division you're in is irrelevant when it comes to enjoyment.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:09:47 »

That's pretty much the point I was going to make. I would prefer it if we were second in L1 rather than L2 but I couldn't possibly be getting any more enjoyment out of this season than what I am. I enjoyed the 85-86 Macari multi-record breaking season' more than the Premier League season. The division you're in is irrelevant when it comes to enjoyment.

OST can I ask (and could you reply to the following question) do you go to matches? Not sure why but I always assume you don't for some reason. Don't get me wrong this doesn't devalue your opinion (or devalue my opinion of your opinion) or anything like that, just genuinely interested.

To be honest I'm not even sure why I think you're a non-attender.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:12:21 »

Whilst entertainment is good. I have to disagree football isnt about entertainment its about winning.

Not for the first, and not for the last, I 100% disagree with DV on this one. Sport is an entertainment game, if you lose the thrill of the sport it doesn't matter if you don't win.

Like others have said good to see that this season this isn't so important, as we're doing both.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 19:12:50 »

PDC annoys me.

I really really didn't wan't to warm to him,but I have.Can't help it he's an entertaining man.It won't get me going regulalrly again though,that ship has sailed.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: