Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88698 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:03:52 »

A new topic, Ive heard that bloke who hasnt missed a Town game since 1976 hasnt got a ticket.

Not Dave Walker?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Spencer_White

« Reply #376 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:05:52 »

Not Dave Walker?

Yeah.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:26:58 »

Maybe thinking about it, we could've gave coach one of the SAS Travel tickets (coach one is usually full of OAPs who haven't missed a gave for 20 odd years)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:27:39 »

Yeah.
Is he the bloke who lives in Northampton?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Spencer_White

« Reply #379 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:54:41 »

Nah. Think he's from Melksham. He gets the train everywhere because he's an ex rail worker and gets free travel.

There are a band of these 'consequtive gamers' who will quite often be on the very first train for away games because they are so paranoid about something going wrong on their way up there and missing the game. 
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 18:56:34 »

Yeah he is from Melksham.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:04:01 »

Nah. Think he's from Melksham. He gets the train everywhere because he's an ex rail worker and gets free travel.

There are a band of these 'consequtive gamers' who will quite often be on the very first train for away games because they are so paranoid about something going wrong on their way up there and missing the game. 

I know exactly who you mean....strange bunch Huh?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:05:12 »

He, like everyone else, knew when the tickets were going on sale. Who ever lost out knew the time. It was obvious people were going to queue early.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:13:47 »

The guy from Northampton is Derek Elston or something like that. As of a couple years ago he hadn't missed a game since '81. I assume this is still the case.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 19:57:52 »

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the allocation of tickets, the sooner we leave the cunts behind, the better.They can still pretend they're a big fish in a small pond while we go and play at cliubs where we give and take a decent allocation.
I didn't get a ticket but tough shit. I would have loved to have been there but on the positive side there will be plenty of Scummers there to see them humiliated when the circus rolls into town.
Spencer_White

« Reply #385 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 20:15:55 »

100% agree. Most of the hype is because of the standard of our team and not because its Oxford.

Going back to the fans who never miss a game. Before Virgin really got their teeth into their rail franchise, I think there were direct services from Swindon up to Birmingham on saturdays? But for the last 10 years, there has only been limmited services north from Swindon. If you go north for the west coast you can either get the 7am or the 9am train. I have only seen 3 sorts of football fan on that 7am train. The hooligans. The alcoholics, and the consecutive gamers. Very strange mix at times.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 21:29:14 »

Having hearing what Watkins said, he said the phone lines were originally meant to be off for the sales of Oxford tickets.

But anyway, maybe the club should of put aside 252 (maybe more) tickets aside, opened ONE phone line and accepted sales to those with a NON SN post code (maybe more than 40-50 miles from Swindon), the elderly and disabled.

But for those within a 40 mile radius of Swindon; get down to The County Ground and queue.

Unfortunately whatever suggestion anyone comes up with is always going to be open to flaws

Just my opinion.

This wouldn't have been a bad shout.  Only a certain amount should have been available for phone sales.  Personally I think it should have been a maximum of 2 per person, that maybe would have ensured all who queued got one.

just out a matter of interest what sort of time did those who missed out join the queue?
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 22:13:07 »

This wouldn't have been a bad shout.  Only a certain amount should have been available for phone sales.  Personally I think it should have been a maximum of 2 per person, that maybe would have ensured all who queued got one.

just out a matter of interest what sort of time did those who missed out join the queue?

I joined the queue around 8am, and got one of the last 30 tickets.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 23:09:03 »

Oxford.

. The hooligans. The alcoholics, and the consecutive gamers. Very strange mix at times.
hmmm how you know me alcoholic?Huh?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 23:31:28 »

I have a huge thanks for the person who has helped secure me two tickets for myself and loyal friend who have travelled up and down the country over the countless seasons. I have had to beg my employer for that weekend off, now have to work the next four minus this one just gone. Will be the best Birthday ever for my friend!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: