Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford tickets  (Read 88953 times)

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 11:53:57 »

Anything that is critical or has an opposing view gets labled as 'moaning' on here.
I thought it was a decent few hours of posts to be honest in this thread yesterday.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:03:35 »

I can see why people would be annoyed at missing out but I do agree that essentially as a club and as fans we've been shafted by the scum on this one. 1,252 tickets for a big local derby with both teams in the top 7. What were they thinking? There was always going to be huge demand for this. They could have at least consulted STFC and the police properly before they sold all their tickets 4 months in advance. So we get left with a poxy allocation as a result of the fact they were desperate for cash at a time when their home games were few and far between.

This meant that the club couldn't really win either way once the allocation was announced. There was always going to be plenty who were going to miss out. Those that really wanted tickets are the ones who froze their bollocks off for 5 hours plus in the queue or spent a fortune on the phone on hold. I can understand why people who were on hold for ages may be annoyed at not getting a ticket and paying a huge phone bill but at the end of the day they would or should have known it was going to be a nightmare getting through what with the high demand etc and the fact it was a national rate number. If you don't want to risk missing out and getting a huge phone bill don't phone up simple as that.

I do feel sorry for the ones who queued for hours and missed out but that's sometimes the sad way of the word with these things. In regards to taking phone orders the club surely were stuck in the middle as there would be out of towners unable to get to Swindon but also people waiting in the queue who wanted a ticket badly. Who do you give the priority to? Tough call.

I don't think they could have done much differently. The only mistake I think they made was allowing up to 5 tickets to be purchased per person. I think it should have been 4 max. Maybe then the people towards the back of the queue who missed out may have got a ticket over people who just lent their ST to their mate to get a ticket for them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:13:03 »

there is no right answer. one per person and no phone orders would have been my method. then general sale on Wednesday had Saturday's game gone ahead.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:34:14 »

I didnt get any tickets and really don't have a problem with what the club did in terms of sales.

The thing to bear in mind, is that even as a ST holder you only had a 1 in 4 chance of getting a ticket.

Even fans of the biggest clubs in the country would have a better chance of a cup final ticket than that.

The club were put in a no win situation by the scummers up the road.
The only thing I hope, is that we remember that next time those fuckers come down here again.
Personally I would rather see the bank empty than sell them tickets for it again.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:36:09 »

I can see why people would be annoyed at missing out but I do agree that essentially as a club and as fans we've been shafted by the scum on this one. 1,252 tickets for a big local derby with both teams in the top 7. What were they thinking?

If we could sell out all of our home stands, why would we give you any more than is necessary? The more support for us the better.

Whereas your board gave us loads because they knew you'd struggle to shift the tickets, and at £25 a pop it was easy money.

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:44:24 »

This will be the first time since I have supported Swindon that I won't be going there. Considering we are in the bottom tier of football that is a strange fact considering the leagues we were in during previous visits.
We all have differing views on how the measley allocation of tickets could have been distributed,but we are universal in our blame of the scum giving us the allocation we have recieved.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 12:50:52 »

I didnt get any tickets and really don't have a problem with what the club did in terms of sales.

The thing to bear in mind, is that even as a ST holder you only had a 1 in 4 chance of getting a ticket.

Even fans of the biggest clubs in the country would have a better chance of a cup final ticket than that.

The club were put in a no win situation by the scummers up the road.
The only thing I hope, is that we remember that next time those fuckers come down here again.
Personally I would rather see the bank empty than sell them tickets for it again.
This is THEIR cup final remember!!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 13:29:30 »

Whereas your board gave us loads because they knew you'd struggle to shift the tickets, and at £25 a pop it was easy money.

Ummm no we gave you the same allocation all away clubs get because our ground is big enough to cater unlike your shit tip. You were charged the same as home fans too.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 13:36:43 »

Should have got a ticket in the home end! That's what "loyal" supporters have done  Too Cool
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 14:15:24 »

This is THEIR cup final remember!!!

And your "World Cup Final" according to your manager.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 14:24:32 »

He's new.   Wink
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 15:41:11 »

Think I agree with the idea of no phone sales. With tickets going on sale on a match day, most of us out of towners would only have to make a small adjustment to plans to get to Swindon a few hours earlier.
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 15:41:47 »

Having hearing what Watkins said, he said the phone lines were originally meant to be off for the sales of Oxford tickets.

But anyway, maybe the club should of put aside 252 (maybe more) tickets aside, opened ONE phone line and accepted sales to those with a NON SN post code (maybe more than 40-50 miles from Swindon), the elderly and disabled.

But for those within a 40 mile radius of Swindon; get down to The County Ground and queue.

Unfortunately whatever suggestion anyone comes up with is always going to be open to flaws

Just my opinion.

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
SwindonTownFans

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 15:49:29 »

Also Phil (one who natters) missed out on a ticket as could not cope with standing hours and hours in -10 conditions. Yet you get a NON Swindon fan who managed to blag a ticket

Join the STFC Fans' Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theswindontown

Visit our Blog: www.stfcfans.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow us on Twitter: @SwindonTownFans, @RW_Sharpe, @olliehowitt
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 15:50:28 »

Every team in top 6 is Paolo's Champions League final !!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: