Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 43629 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:21:49 »

If you want to sit at an away game, get there early. Otherwise fuck off.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:06:39 »

If you want to sit at an away game, get there early. Otherwise fuck off.

Yes, and then prepare for pissed up twats to arrive two minutes before kick off and stand in front of you.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:34:43 »

The point was if you want to sit down, sit somewhere where no one can stand in front of you. IE, The fucking front you boring old cunt.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:44:32 »

The point was if you want to sit down, sit somewhere where no one can stand in front of you. IE, The fucking front you boring old cunt.

You do realise that tickets have numbers and letters, denoting a specific place to sit don't you ? or does that only apply to 'anyone else but me' ?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 13:50:03 »

unless its a sell out then the letters and numbers have no significants do they?
Spud

« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 14:02:16 »

Hahahaha!
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 14:21:08 »

The simple equation I use is to look at what everyone else is doing:

Row Behind Sat Down + Row in Front Sat Down = Sit Down
Row Behind Sat Down + Row in Front Stood Up = Stand Up
Row Behind Stood Up + Row in Front Stood Up = Stand Up
Row Behind Stood Up + Row in Front Sat Down = Whatever you fancy

What was more annoying for me on Saturday was some drunken old boys who were in our seats when we arrived. We pointed them out, and the just shuffled up a little bit - and it ended up with them stood pretty much in front of us, even though they didnt have a seat. Looking down the the row, there were a bunch of wankers doing the same thing (presumably because the atmopshere was better where we were than their own seats).
We got them to move eventually (after about 15 mins of the match) but people like that are pure selfish twats

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 14:26:34 »

Brilliant.

It's not hard you can tell by just looking at someone if they're going to be a 'boring old cunt' or a 'pissed up twat'...we don't like you and you don't like us, that's why at home the 'boring old cunts' are in the arkells stand, sat on their hands with a blanket and a not uttering a word to anyone, while the 'pissed up twats' are in the Town End standing in seating areas.

At away games, we're stuck with each other and from my perspective us 'pissed up twats' do our best to stay out of the way of the 'boring old cunts' it's not always that easy when we take a big following. I like how some have said that their experience of standers is that they have a 'fuck everyone else' mentality...because that's exactly how I see sitters.

God bless the 'pissed up twats' because if it wasn't for them singing/chanting at football and generally any atmosphere whatsoever would be dead.

It makes me wonder if many of these cunts that do nothing but moan (even when fans aren't blocking their view and it doesn't effect them in anyway, which I have seen happy many many times) were actually about watching football through the 70s and 80s, because it beggars belief that some of them would have been the way they act.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 15:56:00 »

It's not hard you can tell by just looking at someone if they're going to be a 'boring old cunt' or a 'pissed up twat'......
If you're dealing in those stereotypes you must have been a bit confused on Saturday!
The people standing at the sides seemd to fit all of your Arkells stereotypes. Not pissed up, not lairy, not even very noisy, just annoying middle aged people like you and me.

It makes me wonder if many of these cunts that do nothing but moan (even when fans aren't blocking their view and it doesn't effect them in anyway, which I have seen happy many many times) were actually about watching football through the 70s and 80s, because it beggars belief that some of them would have been the way they act.
Yea, well I was there in the 60s man...the terraces... scarves round our wrists... bovver boots piled up outside the Town End... I was there man! It was hell! You wouldn't understand!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 15:57:34 by ReadingRed » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:04:10 »

You do realise that tickets have numbers and letters, denoting a specific place to sit don't you ? or does that only apply to 'anyone else but me' ?

Don't you realise that he's Swindon, so he can do wot he wants.  Wink

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:11:01 »

I don't think I've ever sat in "my seat" either home or away. Grow up, it's not the fucking theatre.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:43:06 »

I don't think I've ever sat in "my seat" either home or away. Grow up, it's not the fucking theatre.

Thats all well and good when its Southend away on a Tuesday night. But when its a sell out in a limited area, with hardly anywhere else to stand, i'll come and stand right in front of you, inbetween two rows of seats, and see how you like a 6' 5 bloke obscuring your view and nearly elbowing your face when clapping. And ill turn around and say "grow up mate, its not the fucking theatre" as you eloquently put it.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:46:36 »

The simple equation I use is to look at what everyone else is doing:

Row Behind Sat Down + Row in Front Sat Down = Sit Down
Row Behind Sat Down + Row in Front Stood Up = Stand Up
Row Behind Stood Up + Row in Front Stood Up = Stand Up
Row Behind Stood Up + Row in Front Sat Down = Whatever you fancy

A model which I usually follow, however, you've missed the scenario that we had on Saturday, i.e

Rows in front stood up, row behind containing several (small) youngsters.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:48:36 by nevillew » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:56:42 »

I don't get why people want to stand up at grounds like leicester's? When my boy was small i often had to pick him up at games so he could see. Didn't bother me to much at the time to be honest. Should be no need for it in modern stadia though
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 16:58:40 by arriba » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 17:06:35 »

Thats all well and good when its Southend away on a Tuesday night. But when its a sell out in a limited area, with hardly anywhere else to stand, i'll come and stand right in front of you, inbetween two rows of seats, and see how you like a 6' 5 bloke obscuring your view and nearly elbowing your face when clapping. And ill turn around and say "grow up mate, its not the fucking theatre" as you eloquently put it.

I'm sure that a few days ago, all these people were waxing lyrical over youtube videos of crowd scenes in Europe.

You know, jumping up and down together, chucking smoke bombs, singing, clapping etc.

Lots of quotes along the lines of "you get a much better atmosphere abroad"

Well, maybe they don't have boring bastards sat in the middle of them, complaining to stewards about the noise
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: