Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44707 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:07:18 »

A valiant effort but today just wasn't our day.

A day of what could have been for me; had we converted one of a few decent chances, had the referee sent Konchesky off like he should have, had we marked Beckford properly for his first, then today might've gone very, very differently.

We lacked a cutting edge up front and weren't clinical enough in our finishing. Beckford's goals were both 'in the right place at the right time' finishes - something we lacked today. Very professional performance on their part; nothing special but doing enough, pretty much dominating possession and, of course, keeping us out with a sturdy defence and an exception Schmeichel.

Caddis and McCormack were the stand-out performers for me, both very consistent throughout with some brilliant tackles on Mac's part and some quite fantastic forward play from Caddis. Quiet game from Ferry and Benson and Connell were never given a chance by Mills and St Ledger. Gabilondo was poor when he came on, though Risser impressed me.

Overall, proud to be a Swindon fan after that performance. We didn't roll over for them, though the second goal killed anything we had to offer this afternoon. Means we can now concentrate on the league and the JPT which, in my opinion, are much, much more important! Onwards and upwards!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:09:07 »

They never let us down.

I dont mind being knocked out of the FA cup, the league and the JPT are much bigger prizes than the 5th round of the cup.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:10:35 »

They never let us down.

I dont mind being knocked out of the FA cup, the league and the JPT are much bigger prizes than the 5th round of the cup.

My thoughts exactly. Tuesday is all that matters, we can't lose that one.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:13:40 »

Can't believe they have accidentally turned the feed off the official site!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:17:20 »

Played well. Unfortunately Leicester more clinical in front of goal on the day. Couldn't say there was much between the two teams in open play - certainly not a gulf of two divisions. Shows what a good squad PDC is developing. Thought McCormack was outstanding. Richie and Caddis bright and inventive as ever.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:23:31 »

Seems like we gave a really good account of ourselves, so all credit to the lads and the supporters who were superb, as  always on the road.

It was a good run, which had to come to an end at sometime.  To be honest, as nice it would have been to progress, I think we'd all prefer us to concentrate 100% on the league, with the JPT thrown in for good measure.  The positive of Crawley winning could be that it distracts them and causes them to wobble further in the league.

We move on to Southend on Tuesday night, which is a real 6 pointer.  It will be interesting to see who Di Canio starts with.  Is Flint likely to be injured still?  Those who've watched the game today seem to have differing views on Risser, which was much the same as last Saturday.  Seems like he's going to be the player that causes the most division on opinion.  For the record, I'd pick Smith in front of him, as the midfield seems to work far better when he's there instead of Risser, but it's Di Canio who picks the team not me!

My biggest concern about today's loss is that Sir Suggs Will Suggs has also lost his unbeaten matchday thread starting.  Hopefully this will be exclusive to the FA Cup?!

Flashheart

« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:32:37 »

Sir suggswillsuggs did not get hammered last night, which is the reason we lost.

It's in the bible.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:36:58 »

Haha there is two threads on the yellowbelly forum regarding todays gake.

Apparently we were silent all game and PDC was sent to the stands

Anyhow, a good performance, just need a clinical striker.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:37:16 »

Has DiCanio been on yet?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:41:07 »

Yeah, nothing too surprising in the interview. Proud of efforts, real cup final is Tuesday.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:41:37 »

Was fat bobby davro sent to the stands today?  I think I heard that.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:41:42 »

Positive that Crawley have gone though as hopefully will draw their minds away from the league.

Negative as the pay day will delay their financial destruction for a little longer.

Anyway onwards and upwards Swindon
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:46:40 »

Haha there is two threads on the yellowbelly forum regarding todays gake.

Apparently we were silent all game and PDC was sent to the stands

Anyhow, a good performance, just need a clinical striker.

They are so obsessed with us.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:50:40 »

Wray talked about:
- Impressed with Leicester experience
- Hope that we can build the same sort of experience at Swindon.
- Not far off having a side that could compete in Championship. Would like players to share ambition and stay with Town
- Hoping to buy Cox on Monday. Need to juggle with wage cap
- Not much more coming in at this stage
- Flint picked up knock in week
- Kerrouche. Wray spoke to him. Needs to play football. Kerroosh wants to play for Swindon. Wray wants him out on loan to score goals and get back in PDC's plans

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 17:52:55 »

Just asked the leicester groundsman to send me my knee if it gets caught in the lawnmower

From Simon Ferry Twitter, awful challenge from Konchesky.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: