Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rotherham Vs Swindon Official Match Day thread.  (Read 45836 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #480 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 19:35:24 »

When you're stuck on a train for 4 hours and you haven't had any breakfast you really do!

You really have had a shit week haven't you
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 19:46:55 »

They're really fascinated by Di Canio aren't they? Blimey.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #482 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 19:56:01 »

They're really fascinated by Di Canio aren't they? Blimey.

Grapes, sour, not half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 19:58:37 »

Has Scott blamed the circus again?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:00:27 »

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:04:11 »

He seemed pretty pissed at his own players
Peter Venkman

« Reply #486 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:05:08 »

He seemed pretty pissed at his own players

He did indeed.

Manager Andy Scott couldn't hide his frustration after his Rotherham United side went down 2-1 at home to Swindon Town at Don Valley.

Scott bemoaned his sides' sluggish start to the game which cost them two goals to Swindon's Matt Ritchie, and despite dominating the second period the Millers boss cut a frustrated figure as the away side clung on for all three points.

"We lost it in the first half again, I was absolutely disgusted with the way we started the game," Scott told Millers Player.

"We spoke about it during the week, we got them going before the game and there was no response. I am really frustrated because in the second half when we do what we do well we look a dangerous side. In the first half when there was space to drive into we didn't bother, we didn't attack the full backs when we had chance and we didn't have any intensity. We could have won that game but we have been done by another team above us because they have a little more nous and they do it properly for 90 minutes."

The Millers were without Danny Harrison who was only on the bench, and Scott explained that he was still feeling the effects of the injury suffered against Bradford City.

"His neck was still really sore coming into this one, even on Tuesday he was still feeling it and we knew this was a game that we needed to be on it, so we made that decision."

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:12:06 »

I'd like to apologise for my indiscretion on twitter thus meaning Revell scored.

Sorry lads.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:15:48 »

That was a classic SSSWS.

Brilliant 3 points, hard work at the end of a tough period.

As for the Rotherham fans not liking us, who the hell cares. I sure as hell like Rotherham. They have given us 6 points this season. That is the ONLY thing that counts, unless of course you don't want to get promoted. Then you can criticise the "circus" instead.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:22:33 »

From Pox forum:

Dismal performace - Simply not good enough
« Thread Started Today at 4:59pm »   
Again a game that, if promotion is to be taken seriously, needed to be won. Yet the tactics employed by wilder, and the attitude shown by the players stank.

We were awful, showing no fight or desire to win. Yet another Saturday when promotion seems a cruel joke rather than a possibility.

Cue abuse from the wilder mafia!

that would be the Wilder who was a "proper manager" that we all wished we could have had I guess.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #490 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:25:57 »

As for the Rotherham fans not liking us, who the hell cares.

The more they hate us the less they will (insert "wife beating, whippet based, ferret legging, gravy drinking, bin diving, tight fisted finances, various Northern stereotype" here).

I love the fact, as you say, that they have given us 6 points this season, I love it more because Andy Scott is an ex scummer who still seems to have a Swindon chip on his shoulder still after all these years Cheesy

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:31:48 »

tbf, most Millers fans are fair minded after the game but obviously gave it large to PDC during it as the following forum extract indicates:

You all slate Di Canio, but..I reckon nobody would be complaining if he was manager of RUFC, employing the same kind of tactics and the same players Swindon have. We'd be loving it.

Not so sure they have many good players barring Ritchie who was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch...

I'd see him as an embarrassment to the club! Never liked him in the first place!! 

I reckon nobody would be complaining if he was manager of RUFC, employing the same kind of tactics and the same players Swindon have. We'd be loving it.

Can't argue with that!!

please stop talking sense. You're upsetting the diehards - most of whom btw seem to be so diehard they've left the country. Cheers, Frog and Homesick.

..I shout and call him scum but i actually like him. He is comedy value, he enforces good football and as much as we got forward their players held tight for the win. Something we need to do.

I'd love him here, proper character. Tells it how is it and has assembled a good team.

I agree.

I know he is a hate figure on here but i can't help but like him and feel he is good for League Two. How many former famous players would drop down to manage at fourth tier level in a foreign country?

If he were a Rotherham manager he would be very popular.

He has the respect of all his players, develops an 'us against them' attitude and doesn't seem to struggle to motivate.

For all the abuse and hatred he received from many of our fans today, he just seemed to smile and waved back. I imagine he loved the heated response he got.

As for Matt Ritchie...different class again.

He was a great player and he will become a great manager. A lot of people expected him to flop big time, everyone was p!ssing themselves at the start of the season when Swindon started off down at the bottom. Its p!ssed a lot of people off that he has turned it around. 

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:38:31 »

If Di canio was manager of another club in our league he would get the abuse here he gets on the road. He is a big name so attracts attention. All the better for us as he's at our club
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #493 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:40:34 »

I'm sure having been a Lazio Ultra, played in Rome derbies, Glasgow derbies etc, etc he would be Ok at Rotherham. The only way I can imagine him being in trouble from them is if he sat amongst them dressed in a whippet outfit. If you had to sit down and name all 92 league clubs then you'd probably get around to remembering Rotherham somewhere in the very high 80s.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 20:42:02 »

Very good performance today from Swindon at the Don Valley Stadium.  The defence looked solid with DeVera & Flint dominant in the air & winning tackles. Wes had a fairly quiet first half and the midfield buzzed & competed with Ferry, De Vita & Ritchie looking good. Caddis made some great runs & Benson looks like he could be the striker we've needed all season.  His general ability is top notch and he led the line superbly. As a result the team now has & retains its shape and purpose. Then two typical Ritchie wonder strikes and we're in command. Strange ground though, only one stand open yet the team benches were away from the crowd on the other side - the players must have felt that they were playing on the local Rec. There was a discernible delay before the Town fans realised Ritchie had scored because the goal was so far away. So Town were much the better side in the first half.

Second half, Revill scores his inevitable goal against us & suddenly Rotherham are back in the game. They pushed forward & pressed us for most of the second half but fortunately the defence recovered from the disappointment of conceding a goal and held out for a very valuable three points. I believe that this was only the second loss at home for the Millers so this win will be especially valuable come seasons end.  Great day out for the 551 fans who made the trip.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: