Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40342 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:12:16 »

Super Alan Mac. It was funny how earlier in the match one of my friends actually said "How good would an Alan Mac winner be?". Well that's that answered. He is brilliant.

Thought Risser did his job well today, unfortunate judgement on his part for the sending off. Ref was a homer. Murray unlucky with his chances. Devera did really well too. Northampton were very quick to close down, particularly on the flanks, which made it difficult for us to play our game. Brilliant goal from Connell too. Fantastic.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:24:13 »

I forgot just how bad some of the referees are in this league.

Some of his decisions were bizarre! Did Foderingham get booked for being punched in the face? Could hardly see that end from my place in the side stand?

But either way a win is a win!

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:45:22 »

yeah but what did cripsy and he mates get up to today?

It's just dawned on me that it was probably Crispy I was stood next to during the first half.  If it was, I can confirm that he was behaving impeccably.  Made me chuckle with his comments about Fola Onabuje as well.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:48:23 »

The image of PDC celebrating is dynamite.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:51:06 »

Great to get 3 points today well done town   Clap   Beers

can't wait for monday now...... wonder what the subs will be.....?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:51:27 »

The image of PDC celebrating is dynamite.

In your mind you mean?....or is there one we all can see.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:51:40 »

That win today never looked on after the first half. Northampton were desperate and played bloody awful hoofball and long throws which can be difficult to manage. Subs changes the game and Fodringham was immense despite being fouled and given a broken nose.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:54:06 »

Northampton fans are such sore loser. There obsessed with that celebrations, just funny to read.

To be fair, their team just dropped in to 92nd place this afternoon and the penny's dropped they could be playing Ebbsfleet next season.  I think I'd be fairly chopsy in their position as well.

Completely missed PDC's celebrations because I was too busy going mental in the stand at the side.  I'll look forward to seeing the coverage though.  Listening to BBC Radio Northampton after the game (during the 30 mins it took to leave the car park) he did apologise to Boothroyd right away...and the apology was gracefully accepted.
Sussex

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:58:40 »

In your mind you mean?....or is there one we all can see.

Gallery on the OS, picture 27?
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 20:59:50 »

Fantastic

* 0,,10341~10342720,00.jpg (104.85 KB, 640x480 - viewed 398 times.)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 21:00:37 »

Thats why we go to football, brilliant end to a poor game. First half the wind didn't help, and we were struggling with the constant long balls, I dont think northampton put more than 2 passes together before hoofing all game, dreadful to watch, I dont think i've ever seen a game with so many throw ins. Risser's dismissal looked like a great header to me. Unfortunately the ball had gone a second before, that defender will have a headache tonight. As for the winner unblieveable run and finish by Mac, and then to see PDC bombing across the pitch was hilarious, although I can understand how Northampton wouldn't be happy with it, although like us they probably wont ever forget it Smiley Oh and get Fods signature down before we get gazumped, one of those saves when we were 1 down was incredible.
Dozno9

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 21:10:18 »

Fantastic

That is one of my most favourite Swindon photos, superb! Love PDC.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 21:10:38 »

I was sat in the main stand with the Northampton fans today as the little'un was mascot for the day. I must congratulate Northampton on being be very courteous and being an excellent host. Onto the game, first half we had a couple of good half chances from Murray but that aside they were on top and but for Wes could have been more then 1 up. Defiantly no complaints about the penalty from what I could see. Second half we showed the intensity we missed in the first half and Connell looked to have something about him. The Ferry substitution changed the game for me. Great finish by Connell and then to smash it in the last minute was awesome.

It was funny to hear the Northampton fans trying to winde PDC up, but it become very tiresome with the mock Italian accents and pasta jokes.

My only complaint was that at least 3 occasions we let the ball bounce at the back for Wes to claim it, and from what I can see he never called any of them. A better team would have taken advantage of those opportunities.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #268 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 21:18:31 »

For Sale in the club shop soon. Great

* 0,,10341~10342720,00.jpg (104.85 KB, 640x480 - viewed 170 times.)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 21:23:46 »

That is fucking ace..................shirts please Flash!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: