Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans debate  (Read 21084 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 18:38:44 »

I found the lack of a actual toilets & decent food slightly more annoying than Crispys crew thinking about it
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 19:14:39 »

I found the lack of a actual toilets & decent food slightly more annoying than Crispys crew thinking about it

Good for you!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 20:09:04 »

While on the subject its not just Women and Kids but we should also be aware of elderly spectators as well. I can well recall this being a worry when my dear old dad was alive and being pushed and shoved. When it comes down to it we all enjoy the game for the atmosphere it's just a case of respecting other peoples space.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 23:03:30 »

anybody moaning because their kids arent happy on a terrace should stay at home and watch Madagascar or fuck off to Arsenal and sit in a comfy seat......a family game?  fuck off.....thats just a modern take on football to make more money.

Pick a game with seats or dont bother.

And exactly as per the Duke of Banbury's comments further on in this thread, that is exactly what I will be doing from now on.  If no seating is available, my son won't be attending.  However, as a youngster I stood on Shrivenham Road and can honestly say I don't ever remember feeling concerned or being barged out of the way by adults. I did challenge those involved in pushing the kids away from the front at Bristol Rovers, but it was completely pointless and I didn't particularly want to get into a slanging match in front of my son.  For the record, it wasn't Crispy and his crew that were involved either.  I don't think these people were even drunk, just selfish and disrespectful of others.
deltaincline

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 00:33:21 »

you don't have to 'confront them' or 'knock out' the ring leader of this evil gang to do that.

They're just excitable teenagers who tend to go overboard and need to be kicked back in to line

I think you're undermining your own argument there, CWIG. Far better to give them a kicking, eh?? Clap

I hear Banbury's comments about wanting his wife and kids to be safe watching Town, which is 100% right - I'm the same with my family.

It may not be PC to say it, but football terraces are not safe places to take your treasured wife and kids.

I wouldn't dream of taking my lot as you never know what you are going to get in terms of pissed up STFC fans - not moaning about fans getting wankered, I just dont want my family in the same vicinity - wanker stewards, hostile opposition fans on the way in and out of grounds, the inevitable crush when the place is packed and we score, etc.

The whole football arena is a fucking nightmare in the making for young or vulnerable family members. Just one nasty incident, like a scuffle or possibly serious violence, that as an adult, I'd normally just shrug off as being part and parcel of football, could fuck up a kids head for life, which is why young kids on away trips are just a no-no I'm afraid.

Stick to home games, safe seated family areas etc and you massively minimise the risk of exposure to anything likely to harm or affect them.

Seriously, do not fucking ever be naiive enough to take kids as young as four years old into the shithole of away football terraces. We all know there are low-life cunts out there that don't give a fuck about you, your wife or your kids. They have nothing to lose. They have no respect for themselves, let alone a decent bloke out for a good time with his family watching football.

If you continue to go to away games with them, I suspect that the likes of Crispy and his mates getting hammered and bouncing around, knocking over the odd pensioner or two, will be chicken-feed compared to some of the arseholes you'll encounter.

Just saying, like.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 09:04:50 »

Absolutely spot on deltaincline!!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 11:18:15 »

Fans have always arrived early to get decent spots on terraces. It used to happen at the county ground every week and i dont remember kids getting barged into etc on the shrivvy road-stratton bank.
The same faces used to get the same spots in the ground and you would recognise faces. Fans not being able to go to games in fear of their kids safety decades later, with less trouble in and around grounds is a sad reflection of our moronic contingent.

Hardly does the case of bringing back terracing any favours either does it? I'm sure parents can cope with drunkeness-foul language and the odd scrap etc,but when their kids wellbeing is at threat then that takes the fucking piss i'm afraid.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 11:54:29 »

I think the club would be horrified if they knew kids were being kept from coming to watch Swindon after everything they do to try and encourage kids to matches. I agree about taking really small children to away matches because like it or not away fans young or old normally get treated totally differently than how they do buy our own stewards/police.my point is though you don't just get to the age of say twenty and think right I'll start supporting Swindon, we pretty much all started as kids and thats what we need to maintain by looking out for our younger fans whether we are at home or away. I actually admire the likes of Crispy who goes to a lot more away games than I do and don't blame them for letting of a bit of steam but don't forget we are all there for the same reason so need to go out of our way to get on.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 11:58:44 »

Everyone gets a bit boisterous at away games. Fine but if kids are just gonna act like ignorant cunts towards families then that's out of order,
Fans have always arrived early to get decent spots on terraces. It used to happen at the county ground every week and i dont remember kids getting barged into etc on the shrivvy road-stratton bank.
The same faces used to get the same spots in the ground and you would recognise faces. Fans not being able to go to games in fear of their kids safety decades later, with less trouble in and around grounds is a sad reflection of our moronic contingent.

Hardly does the case of bringing back terracing any favours either does it? I'm sure parents can cope with drunkeness-foul language and the odd scrap etc,but when their kids wellbeing is at threat then that takes the fucking piss i'm afraid.

Absolutely spot on.

Kids shouldn't go to away games because away fans act like pricks doesn't really wash with me. What a load of bull. Nothing wrong with being a bit boisterous but to walk around acting like you own the place and being ignorant and rude to your own fans is pathetic.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nochee

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:00:47 »

The is a huge difference between the Torquay terracing and the old Shrivvy road terracing in size though mate. Also, everyone knew their spot when standing at home games. Compared to going to away games where it's a free for all. Luckily there are not many grounds like Torquay's in League 1 so next season these problems will disappear.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:08:08 »

That's a fair comment, as a kid I always stood with the same adults in the same place in the Shivingham stand. But when it got really packed everyone would help the kids go down to the front where they could see without worrying about their safety.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:17:55 »

By kicked back in to line i meant a simple 'pack in in, there's kids about' rather than actually giving them a kick in.

Hopefully Northampton will be ok because as I seem to remember it, it can be a difficult one being such a small stand. You have people that want to stand up and sing right next to old codgers from the arkells who wouldn't utter a word if they're life depended on it....and thats nothing to do with kids, thats just different types of fans being together which isn't a problem at home games.

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:50:06 »

The is a huge difference between the Torquay terracing and the old Shrivvy road terracing in size though mate. Also, everyone knew their spot when standing at home games. Compared to going to away games where it's a free for all. Luckily there are not many grounds like Torquay's in League 1 so next season these problems will disappear.

Your point about the terrace is a fair one as fans are not as familiar with it like fans are in their own grounds. Doesn't excuse the behaviour though. The 'we will do what we like' seems to mean even to their own fellow fans.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 15:00:36 »

Anyone who would put their fellow fan at risk is a cunt - pure and simple - even more so when there is no need for it beyond self indulgent bollocks. If you've got that energy in you and want an outlet then take it out on the other fans lads not fellow Town fans with families who want their kids to be Town not armchair ManU, which is exactly whay they'll end up as if they can't go to games.
It ain't fucking difficult is it, you look after your own.   
The Frog

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 15:32:11 »

crispy does crack me up but at least he is there week in week out instead of being sat behind a computer and reckoning they no more about the performances and club than he does ( i know alot of people cant make it because they dont live local) but as much as it may hurt people i see him every game and if it wasnt for people like him and me there would be no club
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: