Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans debate  (Read 21090 times)
nochee

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:15:33 »

I've read so many posts on here about this gang of fuckwits that are spoiling everyone else's away game experience and without witnessing it myself I found myself taking the side of the moaners. But, I was stood only a few metres away from these bouncing lads and to be honest, I thought they were just having a laugh. I didn't see any pushing of kids (not saying it didn't happen) all I saw was a bunch of lads singing and having the craic at football. Looking over at the home terrace to the right hand side of where we were stood looked like a morgue compared to our end. Is that what people want? We all moaned when the atmosphere was shit at Wembley, so where is the harm in these lads bouncing around? I left a few minutes early to try and beat the traffic and had to walk through them  and didn't get any aggro whatsoever.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:17:04 »

Don't man u sing that 'do what we want' song? Surely more reason not to sing it?

They started it.

Something to do with their refusal to sit down wherever they go.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:39:34 »

I don't think anyone wants to dampen the atmosphere and the passion of our away following.  But if it's possible to get something constructive from this, maybe Crispy could have a word with his mates and ask that they show a little consideration next time for their fellow supporters.  Groups like this should be leading the singing, not getting everyone's backs up.

Spot on. We've all been there. These lads aren't perfect but they're also not the sons of satan.#

There are two types of fans, fans who like to go to football with a flask of coffee, sit down and discuss the intricacies of the goalkeepers kicking techniques are always going to think that fans who go to football and get tanked up and sing about former rival players having aids are complete cunts and vice-versa and that's if they actually do anything wrong or not. People like myself tend to be a bit more sympathetic.

Having said that they need to remember to show their fellow fans decent courtesy if causing real obstruction or genuine problems and not all of them do.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:47:58 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
DMR

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 11:51:20 »

I remember when I went through my wannabe hardman stage as I'm sure a few on here do. A couple of hidings and learning to tolerate my booze and I soon grew out of it, as will Crispy and his chums in a couple of years.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 12:12:45 »

For the record the Wife and two small boys behind the goal at Torquay were my family.

All 3 of them left the ground before halftime as we had to move to a place where they were safer. But having to move towards the corner flag during the game you are not going to get a good view. Therefore the day was spoilt for the Wife and my two young lads and they went back during ther first half  and sat in the car after driving just over 3 hours to get to Torquay.

Of course I would have liked seats for them but none were available and as we were staying in Torquay Boxing Day Night we had to get tickets early so terracing was the only option.
This was the same family who had to stand in the home section for AFC Wimbledon.

A few points from me:

1. Some people have no respect for others. I used to stand in the Townend and of course some games were packed but I respect Women and kids.
2. As a few posters have mentioned we had to get in the ground to get a good place. My 4 year old in order to see needed to sit on a bar.
3. When a fight starts between stewards and twats it is not nice for your kids to witness this or is it for a Mother who just wants her kids to be safe. They are not used to witnessing this.

So Both boys who have been all over the Country with me watching Swindon will no longer be going or will the Wife.
Swindon lose 2 future Supporters.....................that was last night.

Luckily this Morning I have promised them that we will no longer stand on a terrace to watch Swindon play but will get a seat and if seats are not available I will go on my own.
So we will all be at Northampton away and will be at the home AFC Wimbledon game.

So if any of you reading this were the lads who nearly knocked a 4 year old off of the bar come and introduce yourself.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 13:30:46 »

Don't man u sing that 'do what we want' song? Surely more reason not to sing it?

I thought the song was a bit of fun but if this is true I want it stopped!

Clems Army!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 14:31:11 »

Yeah I can confirm that Crispy was basically sober when I spoke to him at half time. Still a shit song though mate.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 14:55:54 »

1. Some people have no respect for others. I used to stand in the Townend and of course some games were packed but I respect Women and kids.
So if any of you reading this were the lads who nearly knocked a 4 year old off of the bar come and introduce yourself.

This is what I was getting at with having some consideration for your fellow fans.

Terraces can be packed, rowdy and overcrowded in certain areas, but I can safely say no matter how pissed i've been on one, or how much i've been getting pushed myself my first thought is to be sure not to knock a little one over or if a little one does get knocked over when it gets a bit rowdy if a goal is scored, etc. then be sure to look out for them and get them back to their feet.

It's standard football terrace etiquette but some of the younger lot (and I say that as a lad only in my early-mid 20s myself) seem to be blissfully unaware of this, which is quite sad.

Instead of coming on to an internet forum and simply call them all cunts, cretins and chavs from behind a keyboard like some on here, what i'd rather do is be constructive and ask them to look out for the little ones, you don't have to 'confront them' or 'knock out' the ring leader of this evil gang to do that.

They're just excitable teenagers who tend to go overboard and need to be kicked back in to line when they do. When i was there age (a mere 5/6 years ago) there were lads exactly the same as that and i'm sure there has been in every generation before but our fans seemed to police ourselves instead of whinging about it online....i'm more concerned that has changed than anything, what happened?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 14:57:14 »

and for the record, 'we do what we want' is a shite song copied from man united.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 16:02:51 »

This is what I was getting at with having some consideration for your fellow fans.

Terraces can be packed, rowdy and overcrowded in certain areas, but I can safely say no matter how pissed i've been on one, or how much i've been getting pushed myself my first thought is to be sure not to knock a little one over or if a little one does get knocked over when it gets a bit rowdy if a goal is scored, etc. then be sure to look out for them and get them back to their feet.

It's standard football terrace etiquette but some of the younger lot (and I say that as a lad only in my early-mid 20s myself) seem to be blissfully unaware of this, which is quite sad.

Instead of coming on to an internet forum and simply call them all cunts, cretins and chavs from behind a keyboard like some on here, what i'd rather do is be constructive and ask them to look out for the little ones, you don't have to 'confront them' or 'knock out' the ring leader of this evil gang to do that.

They're just excitable teenagers who tend to go overboard and need to be kicked back in to line when they do. When i was there age (a mere 5/6 years ago) there were lads exactly the same as that and i'm sure there has been in every generation before but our fans seemed to police ourselves instead of whinging about it online....i'm more concerned that has changed than anything, what happened?

Totally agree with your reply. Must therefore put it down to a generation gap. One or two pushed into my Mrs. Sure they could have been pushed but not one even could say "sorry" or "come on lads be careful some young kids are down here", nothing.
There was a code of conduct some years back and football was more scary then.
So lets put it down to experience and wait for the day when they are confronted by other excitable opposing fans.

I love football terracing and quality atmosphere it makes football. Equally a few teenagers with a few extra beers I have no problem with either and the language goes with the territory.

Just repect Women and kids and let others "do also what they want."
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 16:07:27 »

Whilst I don't condone anything that happened, I think clubs who don't provide an alternative to a terrace for families are the ones letting the fans down. A football terrace isn't the place for a 4 year old. These types of things always have and always will happen. When you score and are in a packed terrace things go pretty crazy, I'm sure that would have been just as scary.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 16:33:13 »

Whilst I don't condone anything that happened, I think clubs who don't provide an alternative to a terrace for families are the ones letting the fans down. A football terrace isn't the place for a 4 year old. These types of things always have and always will happen. When you score and are in a packed terrace things go pretty crazy, I'm sure that would have been just as scary.

I would have welcomed that Smiley
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 16:39:28 »

I would have welcomed that Smiley

:-)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 17:46:19 »

I wish I hadn't split this thread now. It's all gone a bit far  Huh?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 17:56:26 »

I'm going to Northampton. First away game for me in a while. Let's face it there are irritating people in all walks of life, although I find it quite amusing that football seems to bring out more than the average of some real fuckwits.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: