Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29659 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 10:22:09 »

Aren't people forgetting we already have a hotel in the vicinity. The County Ground Hotel!!!!

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 10:34:08 »

Be a good pull for us out of towners that fancy a night out in Swindon after the game as well

Agreed

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 10:39:08 »

Aren't people forgetting we already have a hotel in the vicinity. The County Ground Hotel!!!!

Pint Pint yes   Zzz Zzz no!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:04:56 »

Agreed

As if you'd make it back there after a night out Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:21:21 »

Be a good pull for us out of towners that fancy a night out in Swindon after the game as well

Handy for the Manchester Road workers?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:22:17 »

No need to book a hotel for just a handy.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:45:02 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2847460,00.html

Statement from the club saying they're looking for the existing and new investors to invest for the push to the Championship and the Stadium.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 12:00:32 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:49:49 »

There is no real decent conferencing facilities in Swindon and a lot of company's go out of town when they require like up the road to the Madjeski this so this on it's own would bring in much needed income, but it is also about the other facilities that they will have to bring in like a hotel so the club generates more income, this is the key and also they would have to deal with the covenant as at present time only sporting activities are allowed on the site, this may cost a few quid to settle also.

The key thing is though is the new lease with the council, if the council are not putting money into this then they should not retain 100% ownership of a redeveloped ground, hopefully an agreement will be reached whereby perhaps the council own 50% share but are unable to sell that 50% share unless the other parties are in agreement and vice versa.

We have to remember I think that one day Fitton, Wray, Backhouse et all may want to sell up to recoup some of what they are putting in we need to make sure that the future of the club is secured and the club and the ground cannot be seperated by any new owners that is why this agreement with the council will be quite important.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:53:43 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2847460,00.html

Statement from the club saying they're looking for the existing investors to invest for the push to the Championship and the Stadium.

So the boars are putting in more money into the club and they are also in talks with property developers to invest if they want to geton board with the redevelopment, is that reading it correct ?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:55:49 »

I assume buying the land is out of the question then?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 14:14:55 »

As if you'd make it back there after a night out Smiley

soapy tit wank

« Reply #146 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:07:14 »

Totally agree, some of the town centre hotels have very limited parking if any at all.  Another route they could go down would be to incorporate a Premier Inn - the one by us is always busy and car parking would not be an issue.  A Premier Inn with an adjacent restaurant and bar - run by STFC - would be a money spinner I think.

Premier in is part of the the Whitbread empire, I doubt they or us would make much from it. Better we run it ourselves I think and retain the loins share of the dosh.

Mind you I just booked the Newport ISle of shyte today for one night next week at £104.00 just to sleep, thieving so and so's.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 18:25:04 »

Mind you I just booked the Newport ISle of shyte today for one night next week at £104.00 just to sleep, thieving so and so's.

I was going to do that Saturday night as we are in Lymington on Saturday to watch someone we know run a torch relay leg. Ferry was quite reasonable, but as you say accommodation was lethal even for something travelodge style. Its not even school holidays FFS. Oh well.

Hope you enjoyed my cool story.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #148 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 19:21:24 »

I was going to do that Saturday night as we are in Lymington on Saturday to watch someone we know run a torch relay leg. Ferry was quite reasonable, but as you say accommodation was lethal even for something travelodge style. Its not even school holidays FFS. Oh well.

Hope you enjoyed my cool story.

Our Italian student goes back Saturday, we could have sneaked you in for one night in single beds.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, July 12, 2012, 19:26:16 »

Our Italian student goes back Saturday, we could have sneaked you in for one night in single beds.

Not sure me, the Mrs and 2 sprogs would fit but thanks for the thought!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: