Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29666 times)
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:36:00 »

I think that  once the ground is finished we should look at giving the town end over to the away fans,  currently the sides are a lot more popular with home fans, a nice compact Bank that could generate some noise from the home fans and the increased revenue of a larger number of away fans that could be accommodated in the new stand that teams in the championship bring to help generate additional revenue

Either  Fishing.

Or some kind of sick joke
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:40:26 »

Quote from: red sheldon on Today at 12:15:00
I think that  once the ground is finished we should look at giving the town end over to the away fans,  currently the sides are a lot more popular with home fans, a nice compact Bank that could generate some noise from the home fans and the increased revenue of a larger number of away fans that could be accommodated in the new stand that teams in the championship bring to help generate additional revenue

Either 

Or logical, away fans have been given the Town End in the past, fans want to sit on the sides for a better view, the acoustics will be far better and louder in the Bank whats not to like

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 11:53:43 »

I suspect that the club have been in consultations with the council on tihs s othe finer details on land etc have been agreed in principle, be interesting to see the outline plans, I'm sure they will be put up on line, but odd that there is no official statement, makes the councillor look a bit of an idiot for releasing the info though considering his position in the council.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:08:25 »

Quote from: red sheldon on Today at 12:15:00
I think that  once the ground is finished we should look at giving the town end over to the away fans,  currently the sides are a lot more popular with home fans, a nice compact Bank that could generate some noise from the home fans and the increased revenue of a larger number of away fans that could be accommodated in the new stand that teams in the championship bring to help generate additional revenue

Either 

Or logical, away fans have been given the Town End in the past, fans want to sit on the sides for a better view, the acoustics will be far better and louder in the Bank whats not to like

Its like a scaled down version of liverpool giving the away fans the Kop.
The town end is the home end for me, always.
Also, as for the acoustics, that's assuming the stratton bank will be given a roof? Otherwise I highly doubt it would help the home fans generate any more noise, it would in fact probably be a lot worse.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 12:55:05 »

It wouldn't feel right though, for me the Town End is for home fans and has been for as long I can remember.
It was given over to away fans for a time back in the 80's I believe.  I can remember sitting in the Arkells and having to listen to Middlesborough fans rubbing it in!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:40:10 »

I remember pompey having both ends one year.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:55:43 »

wasn't there supposed to be an arcticle in todays adver about the propesed devlopment? I've been on the adver website and can't see anything there yet.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:13:47 »

wasn't there supposed to be an arcticle in todays adver about the propesed devlopment? I've been on the adver website and can't see anything there yet.

Yeah I thought there was as well, maybe the club want to wait till after the AGM to announce it through the media?!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:14:42 »

Surely the point here is if they redevelop the TE first and make it the "hub", it'll make redeveloping the Arkells easier. It'll give the, chance to move corporate stuff over along with changing rooms too, and won't badly impact space when/if the Arkells ever gets knocked down... Order important when ground in use.

Agree over the points that TE could end up being top big but we have to hope by that point we've stepped up to the Championship. But ... It's a gamble. Hopefully a good one.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 14:15:28 »

Read back a few pages, it seems matey boy on twitter shot his load too soon
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 16:06:06 »

Read back a few pages, it seems matey boy on twitter shot his load too soon

As ever on the ground stuff....believe it when you see it.  We've had the leader of SBC before now sitting at the top table, outlining exciting plans, and the club doing all sorts of plans, only for the whole thing to be as real as a banker's concern for customers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 18:47:03 »

Wonder how big the double decker Town End would be:

[url width=640 height=480]http://linux.doof92.co.uk/footballsite/walsall/07.The%20Floors%202%20Go%20Stand.JPG[/url]

A closed top deck on the Shrivenham Road stand didn't do the atmosphere any harm, and only Reg is old enough to remember it open.. Smiley
fatbasher

« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 19:00:00 »

Anyone wondered why we are away at the front end and back end of the season? One week extra to spend on rebuilding the town end perchance.....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 19:49:18 »

I'm surprised about all this talk about a 2 tier Town End

...considering Nick Watkins announced it was going to be 2 tier back in November 2010 !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 21:13:56 »

i've just been looking at Rotherham UTD's new ground
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/rotherham_united/

it has a Morrisons sand and a Eric Twigg Foods & Pukka Pies West Stand.

I think we should develop such names for the CC. Suggestions?!

in all fairness it looks quite compact and close to the pitch. bet the acoustics will be good too

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: