Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26524 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:43:48 »

Why is Dean Holdsworth so obsessed with us and PDC? Weird.

Poor game, good result. That's promotion form.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:49:44 »

as i was walking past the townend at full time he was on a stretcher, think he was a steward as he had high viz coat on, didnt look good mind
That would explain why an ambulance went racing into the CG about 10 minutes after the final whistle.  Strange though, I thought there was always an ambulance on standby by the Arkells at matches.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:52:10 »

BBC stats show we only had 35% possesion today - don't know where that info came from, although we did seem to give the ball away a lot but I have rarely seen a Swindon side with so much room on the pitch as we had today.

You saw the same as me then. I totally agree. The space that Aldershot gave us was unbelievable particularly in the first half but we failed to punish them.

Fairly comfortable win today with our back line looking ever more impressive.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:56:31 »

Quote from: yellowsforum
]No getting away from it, we were diabolical today -and the manager has to take full responsibility.
Yes, a long way to go yet but just how long is CW tolerated if the downward spiral continues?
It has been pointed out many times but worth reminding people- other Clubs with far inferior facilities and much lower attendances  have done a lot better, and this has to be down to good management.
Hate to say it, but the f'king scum seem to be an example of this-
crap ground, crap support- yet somehow they end up being more successful on the pitch than us, over time.
KT is the man to make decisions over the manager, just depends on how ambitious and impatient he is.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:57:34 »

Poor first half, much better second half. Caddis was briliant, Jervis had his best game for us. Solid performance and the 3 points, can't ask for more.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:59:39 »

Saw someone on a stretcher at the back of the townend, it may of been that a steward gave his coat rather than it actually being a steward on the stretcher.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:00:44 »

How can they say we have crap support Huh?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:06:10 »

Aldershot were putting up a fight until we scored, they seemed to have no plan B whatsoever though. They were trying the bullyboy tactics especially their number 4.
Not the best of games compared to recent weeks but 3 points all the same. Thought our supporters were quieter than normal.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:10:59 »

]No getting away from it, we were diabolical today -and the manager has to take full responsibility.
Yes, a long way to go yet but just how long is CW tolerated if the downward spiral continues?
It has been pointed out many times but worth reminding people- other Clubs with far inferior facilities and much lower attendances  have done a lot better, and this has to be down to good management. Hate to say it, but the f'king scum seem to be an example of this-
crap ground, crap support- yet somehow they end up being more successful on the pitch than us, over time.
KT is the man to make decisions over the manager, just depends on how ambitious and impatient he is.

Sorry but how on earth does having 4 sides to a ground constitute "far inferior facilities" than one with 3 sides?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:12:15 »

Was a poor first half, as I posted at half time Aldershot had come to frustrate us, and largely managed to do that in the first half.

The first goal coming early in the second half meant that they had to come out a bit more, which made more of a game of it.

And for what it's worth, I thought Jervis had one of his best games for Town. He put in a lot of work in closing down their defenders.

It was a definite push on Flint for their goal, but I've seen referee's ignore them many times.
As for our second goal, I was surprised that having disallowed their goal for a push, that the referee didn't do the same for that one as there was definitely contact from Jervis on the defender.
Maybe the ref had got fed up of that prick from Aldershot who was constantly moaning & whining at him all game.

I thought Ritchie did OK to be honest, he is a bit greedy at times but based on the goal against the Pikeys he is always likely to pop one in. Most teams are now focussing on him to try & stop him playing as they recognise that he can be a big threat.

After today there can be no doubt that a Smith/Ferry combination is the best in the middle, although it did make me laugh today when Smith was caught in possession and it brought a bit of a groan from the crowd. Had of been Risser he would have got dog's abuse.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:16:41 »

Sorry but how on earth does having 4 sides to a ground constitute "far inferior facilities" than one with 3 sides?

So true
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:19:35 »

I want to know when that gobby Aldershot fan who said there would be a sea of red and blue ! Is going to post? 300 odd, what sea was it mate, the dead one?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:21:32 »

I want to know when that gobby Aldershot fan who said there would be a sea of red and blue ! Is going to post? 300 odd, what sea was it mate, the dead one?

I've bumped the thread back up for you Smiley
Seņor

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:26:26 »

Haha, it makes good reading watching that place is going into meltdown. Wilder under pressure now... apparently it started kicking off between him and a pox fan. It's all falling apart for them now.

Edit: Just saw the other thread.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:28:41 by Seņor » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:31:14 »

Quote from: yellowsforum
No getting away from it, we were diabolical today -and the manager has to take full responsibility.
It has been pointed out many times but worth reminding people- other Clubs with far inferior facilities and much lower attendances  have done a lot better, and this has to be down to good management.
Hate to say it, but the f'king scum seem to be an example of this-

Delusional doesn't even come close to covering this.  Over the years, we have consistently attracted better crowds than Oxford United...and we still do today.

And anyone want to swap our town centre home for a soulless, pub-less, plastic, 3-sided hangar next a sewerage facility?  No.  Glass houses etc.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: