Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26534 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:31:56 »

Inferior facilities like a fourth stand, for example?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:37:22 »

Funny how we haven't had any scum on here lately. Weren't they all telling us what a liability Paolo would be and how great Wilder was due to his experience blah blah. Oh what a difference a couple of months make.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:39:14 »

Sorry but how on earth does having 4 sides to a ground constitute "far inferior facilities" than one with 3 sides?

What a complete twat.

Mind you that is the post of the night and made me laugh.

Poxford - Know your limits - No bottle.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #138 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:40:46 »

Another interesting point is that we have had 10 clean sheets in 19 games so far this season and now have the best defensive record in the league. Long may it continue.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:41:51 »

Funny how some pox fan was saying that Wilder was the best manager in the division, a proper manager, not a showbiz accessory or something similar. Tee hee...

Swindon Shot

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 21:48:23 »

Hello Gents - Just thought I'd add my thoughts from today...

What an absolutly shit game, both sides were very poor - us more so, our tactics were awful and it was obvious we were after a 0-0 draw and if we'd got it, you'd have been hard done by.

I think you deserved your two goal win, and all I can say that is if you play that badly and win with that amount of ease, you're up already!

Well done and best of luck for the rest of the season.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 22:08:21 »

I don't see how Ritchies performmance can be described as utter shite. He worked his socks off and whilst I agree he didn't really find the killer cross or path today his overall effort and link up play with Caddis made his performance far from shite in my opinion.

Far more worringly I heard a rumour that Rocking Robin has been sidelined by the Health and Safety Mafia.

The chap who dons the outfit sits a couple of rows in front of us and was in the stand at 2.45pm.  We wondered whether he'd given it up or something.

Anyway, an ok first half performance with a far better second one.  We made it harder work to get the win than it needed to be.  Aldershot offered very little, but managed to frustate us sufficiently through the first half.  Jervis and De Vita didn't work as a pairing and it was only when Gabilindo was replaced and De Vita was shifted we looked more threatening and broke the deadlock.  After being fairly pants in the first 45 mins,  Jervis looked a different player after scoring.  

Good to see Smith back in midfield and Ferry being his usual busy self.  McCormack was my MOM, just shading it over Flint and Caddis.

Soneone wondered why Ritchie wasn't subbed, well he was going to be.  Magera was ready to come on, no 10 was put on the board and he was being beckoned, then Jervis went down.  There was then a few minutes of faffing on the touchline and when Jervis signalled he needed to come off, the board was changed.  Although there was still an element of greediness, he was a threat today.

The linos were both crap, it was almost as if the ref had told them only to watch out for offside and he'd call anything else.  Another stonewall penalty wasn't given and I have to be honest, I didn't see a push for the disallowed goal?

Another 3 points and on we go.  Just a shame all above us bar Morecambe won as well.  The Christmas period could be key in terms of fitness levels and depth of squad.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 22:13:08 »

What an absolutly shit game, both sides were very poor - us more so, our tactics were awful and it was obvious we were after a 0-0 draw and if we'd got it, you'd have been hard done by.

I think you deserved your two goal win, and all I can say that is if you play that badly and win with that amount of ease, you're up already!

Thanks for the comments.

The 'park the bus' scenario was examined in some depth in one of our blogs a couple of days ago.  (A few other Shots related items on there as well.)  Fair to say it was expected, I think.

The Washbag: Can Swindon Catch the Parked Bus?

All the best, and see you in March.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 22:18:17 »

Also certain fans need to lighten up a bit when someone starts singing "You're just a shit David Kerslake" to Paul Caddis - after yet another exhausting run with no end result. It was a freaking joke you morons, riffing on an in-joke about Caddis' brilliant approach play, a la David Kerslake, but no end product, a la Dean Hooper. I like the guy, he's a fantastic player and a brilliant captain... it was just a jokey thing people...
In fairness, that's a pretty obscure reference. I'm old enough to appreciate what a good player David Kerslake was. I also like to think I have a pretty keen sense of irony. Had I heard that song/chant though, I would have been thinking "what the fuck???" So I can understand people getting the hump with that.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 22:30:00 »

In fairness, that's a pretty obscure reference. I'm old enough to appreciate what a good player David Kerslake was. I also like to think I have a pretty keen sense of irony. Had I heard that song/chant though, I would have been thinking "what the fuck???" So I can understand people getting the hump with that.
I'm going to expand on that a little. A lot of people who go now, never saw David Kerslake play so when they hear "You're just a shit David Kerslake", they have no reference point so have no idea whether that "you're just a shit David Kerslake" thing is ironic or not.  They can only go on the fact that it sounds pretty derogatory.

To conclude, I think that's quite a strange thing to sing/chant.*

*based on the fact that it's almost 20 years since Kerslake played for us.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 22:32:01 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
deltaincline

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:04:21 »

I'm going to expand on that a little. A lot of people who go now, never saw David Kerslake play so when they hear "You're just a shit David Kerslake", they have no reference point so have no idea whether that "you're just a shit David Kerslake" thing is ironic or not.  They can only go on the fact that it sounds pretty derogatory.

To conclude, I think that's quite a strange thing to sing/chant.*

*based on the fact that it's almost 20 years since Kerslake played for us.

Agree with all that, OST.

Kerslake was a fucking good player for us. Why someone would sing that within earshot of Caddis, let alone expect him, or anyone else, to get it is beyond me.

Smart Arse irony. Not fucking funny.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:18:52 »

No probs. Thanks for the three points x
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:25:12 »

There is not a better attacking full back in this league than Cadds. We should show him love not give him moronic chants.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:30:30 »

A very forgettable game but 3 points and another clean sheet and no bookings or injuries. We're also 4 points above the yellow filth who appear to be imploding and before x mas as well - a nice early gift for us Town fans although we are apparently shit fans in a shit ground according to one of our yellow brethren.
We were pretty ppor today and that is a sign of a good team. I thought the left hand side was bollox today. Ridehalgh had his worst game in a Town shirt and wasn't helped by Gabilondo who was also very poor. Something is wrong with Ritchie, whether he's had his head turned or started beliieving the publicity but he's a shadow of the player we know and love.
MOM for me was Caddis - yes he overplayed it a lot but his energy levels were amazing. Also a big thumbs up to McCormack for that tackle and then the run in the 1st half.
Also a special mention to their no 4 who thuoght he was a latter day Billy Bremner - what a cunt.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:39:45 »

Just seen todays stats on the bbc site 65% possession to our 35% that can never be right ?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: