Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26479 times)
phelpsieboy

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:20:55 »

And what the hell did Holdsworth think leaving the house dressed like that this morning!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:38:14 »

The Swindon-love on the local radio over here is almost embarrassing.  Summary is basically...shouldn't really be in this division anyway, odds on for promotion, PDC has resources at his disposal that Holdsworth could only dream of, big crowd, quality runs right through the squad (with particular reference to Ritchie and Magera), thoroughly deserved win.

And I had a text read out.  Go me!

What local radio is that ?

BBC Radio Solent ?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:40:06 »

And what the hell did Holdsworth think leaving the house dressed like that this morning!

The Undertaker!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:40:56 »

He was trying to outdo PdC in the fashion stakes !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:53:25 »

Thought Aldershot were the poorest team I've seen all season - however it had the potential to be one of those classic games where we would draw against when we should have beaten them.

As it happens a fair result. The ref was pretty decent I thought (by this league's very poor standards) and why on earth did Flint win MoM? He was decent enough, but... Aldershot hardly provided our defence with the hardest opposition this season.

Lastly, at the end, the Townend exit doors were closed because some chap appeared to be in a poor state medically, I might be wrong, but if not I hope he's ok.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:53:27 »

What local radio is that ?

BBC Radio Solent ?

No, it was BBC Radio Surrey.  BBC Radio Solent covers the southern half of Hampshire up as far as about Basingstoke.  The northern end, where we are, gets divied out to BBC Radio Berkshire or BBC Radio Surrey, depending on where you are.  Farnborough, Aldershot and Woking all covered by the latter on a Saturday...which confusingly shares some of the broadcast with BBC Radio Sussex so you get a bit of Brighton and Crawley thrown in as well.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 19:55:44 »

PDC said Kerrouche was fit but probably wouldn't play, guess he's being saved for Col U

Okay, ta.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:08:12 »

No, it was BBC Radio Surrey.  BBC Radio Solent covers the southern half of Hampshire up as far as about Basingstoke.  The northern end, where we are, gets divied out to BBC Radio Berkshire or BBC Radio Surrey, depending on where you are.  Farnborough, Aldershot and Woking all covered by the latter on a Saturday...which confusingly shares some of the broadcast with BBC Radio Sussex so you get a bit of Brighton and Crawley thrown in as well.

Cheers.

Gonna have a look online for some snippets of what was said.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:13:25 »

Fair play to Holdsworth. Pays us alot of credit in this interview. He talks about coming to the County Ground like it's Old Trafford.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aldershot/9648664.stm
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:29:38 »

BBC stats show we only had 35% possesion today - don't know where that info came from, although we did seem to give the ball away a lot but I have rarely seen a Swindon side with so much room on the pitch as we had today.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:33:27 »

Well pleased with that today - we really ground out the result.

Like most teams that want to get away from here with a point Aldershot came to spoil and time waste, hoping with every passing minute we'll get more frustrated.

Despite fluffing two chances in the first half Jervis took his goal well, fantastic delivery from Caddis/Ferry, I forget which - Scotsman all look the same to me, hopefully he'll gain more confidence from this.

Special mention must go to Aldershots number 4, whattaprick. Never stopped moaning to the referee for ninety minutes and I haven't heard a yelp as comically girly sounding as he managed (when he went down after Smiths nudge) since Walters turned out for the Town.

Ritchie needs to once in a while play the easier ball, even if that does mean rolling it 4 metres to Caddis/Ferry, I forget which - Scotsman all look the same to me, when they're overlapping. He doesn't need to cut in and run into traffic every time.

Gabilondo needs to improve his memory, my Gran always recommended eating more Celery, because for the first 15 mins he ran with purpose, head up and straight at the full back, who promptly filled his shorts - producing a couple of dangerous crosses that caused mayhem. After that, he seemed to forget what to do and began running with his head down straight at the corner flag, which didn't promptly fill its shorts as it was simply made of plastic and cloth and had no working bowels or anus.

Also certain fans need to lighten up a bit when someone starts singing "You're just a shit David Kerslake" to Paul Caddis - after yet another exhausting run with no end result. It was a freaking joke you morons, riffing on an in-joke about Caddis' brilliant approach play, a la David Kerslake, but no end product, a la Dean Hooper. I like the guy, he's a fantastic player and a brilliant captain... it was just a jokey thing people...

Job done, winning ugly this week, it was a pleasing sight...

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:33:34 »

Fair play to Holdsworth. Pays us alot of credit in this interview. He talks about coming to the County Ground like it's Old Trafford.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aldershot/9648664.stm

He was 'disappointed' though - he made that clear only one or two times Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
stfcinbmth

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:36:03 »

Disallowed for a push on Flint................And Jervis scores! 2-0

We wondered why it was disallowed. Pretty uneventful game really, most importantly 3 points and yet another clean sheet. Flint my MOM, he's been a brilliant signing, commanding every time I see him. Wes didn't have too much to stress him out, really hope we can sign him
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:38:38 »

I don't see how Ritchies performmance can be described as utter shite. He worked his socks off and whilst I agree he didn't really find the killer cross or path today his overall effort and link up play with Caddis made his performance far from shite in my opinion.

Far more worringly I heard a rumour that Rocking Robin has been sidelined by the Health and Safety Mafia.
woolster

« Reply #119 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 20:39:01 »

Thought Aldershot were the poorest team I've seen all season - however it had the potential to be one of those classic games where we would draw against when we should have beaten them.

As it happens a fair result. The ref was pretty decent I thought (by this league's very poor standards) and why on earth did Flint win MoM? He was decent enough, but... Aldershot hardly provided our defence with the hardest opposition this season.

Lastly, at the end, the Townend exit doors were closed because some chap appeared to be in a poor state medically, I might be wrong, but if not I hope he's ok.
as i was walking past the townend at full time he was on a stretcher, think he was a steward as he had high viz coat on, didnt look good mind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: