Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sepp blatter  (Read 11369 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 22:51:03 »

What a chode.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 23:14:12 »

I wouldn't wish death on anyone but if he was gang raped that would be fine by me.

He and his mafia organisation's jurisdiction over world football is appauling.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 00:41:08 »

The Prince Phillip of FIFA.

Fuck off, Big Phil is racist in public so nobody else has to be...oh...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 07:44:40 »

Whilst Blatter's original comments were completely out of order I do wonder if the backlash against the man is turning into a bit of a media circus, almost vendetta like. The UK media have been waiting to pounce on the bloke and now they have their chance.

Disappointed to read the Prince Philip comparison though, as I do believe most of his ramblings (how do you keep the locals off the booze - to a scottish driving instructor) is said in jest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-wedding/2011/06/10/prince-philip-quotes-relive-90-classic-gaffes-to-mark-his-90th-birthday-115875-23191024/

Some of those are brilliant.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 08:36:00 »

Is it really any different from players calling each other fatty or ginger?  I'm in my mid twenties and even when I was in school if you were picked on the answer was to respond with the like.  I can see his point, but he is inept in expressing himself.

I'm not advocating racism, but I can understand the need for banter and stick on a football pitch, and sometimes people will go too far in the heat of the moment.

Unfortunately, I fear I'm going to get flamed as it is socially unacceptable.  But why is racism unacceptable, but calling someone a fat cunt or a ginger nut acceptable?  The only answer I can think of is history, but then is it similarly unacceptable to refer to someone as a Kraut?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 08:53:54 »

Yeah, what's a bit of casual racism between mates eh?

Roll Eyes
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:26:20 »

Or fattism or gingerism?  Roll Eyes

Calling someone a kraut is perfectly acceptable, but a wog not.  What is the distinction?  It's hypocrytical of some of you to condemn Blatter and then in the next post call someone a daft kraut.  It's the same thing surely?  Some might even argue discriminating against the Germans is more loaded due to the history between the two nations.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:30:25 by walrus » Logged
Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:27:30 »

His comments are out of touch with the real world, the sooner this daft sod buggers off then the better.  The most likely thing though is that this old ballsack will get away with it somehow, someway.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:54:44 »

Calling someone a kraut is perfectly acceptable, but a wog not.  What is the distinction? 

Not a lot to you, apparently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:28:27 »

To be fair I can see Walrus point that discrimination is discrimination regardless of whether it is on skin colour or hair colour.

He's missed the obvious point of context though - racism isn't "banter and stick on a football pitch".
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:31:05 »

What I think he was trying to say was that, making an off the cuff racist comment in the heat of the moment isn't the same as being inherently racist (something which I agree with). He should'nt have said that they should've just shaken hands afterwards and be done with it though. In fact he shouldn't have said anything which could've been taken out of context. Making a racist comment is very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly whatsoever.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:52:17 »

Whilst Blatter's original comments were completely out of order I do wonder if the backlash against the man is turning into a bit of a media circus, almost vendetta like. The UK media have been waiting to pounce on the bloke and now they have their chance.

Too right. It's going to take tactics like that if he is to ever be ousted. I see Gordon Taylor is calling for him to be sacked now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:56:04 »

Too right. It's going to take tactics like that if he is to ever be ousted. I see Gordon Taylor is calling for him to be sacked now.

People like this always seem to retain power, this will be brushed under the carpet as taken "out of context"/"miss-quoted"
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:59:32 »

Sepp Blatter has just had a go back at Rio

http://twitter.com/SeppBlatter/status/137113645392990208

*crunches popcorn*

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:59:52 »

nothing will happen until sponsors start putting pressure on. Money is the only thing that matters to FIFA, not the opinion of supporters/players/ media from a nation they clearly despise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: