Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Bradford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18147 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 10:19:29 »

So was Caddis 'dogwank' or 'excellent' or perhaps somewhere in between?

Can someone clarify?

I'm confused Huh?

So am i and i just cant fathom him as a player,sometimes looks brilliant...at others awfull but he always gives a full shift.
Personally i wouldnt play him as a defender but push him up as a midfielder.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #166 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 10:32:29 »

So am i and i just cant fathom him as a player,sometimes looks brilliant...at others awfull but he always gives a full shift.
Personally i wouldnt play him as a defender but push him up as a midfielder.

Thought he played well yesterday
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 10:34:03 »

Me to....not man of the match though for me.
Good trip back Dave?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 10:42:34 »

Well that was a pretty ordinary game of football and brings a good run to an end. Considering all the options Di Canio has at his disposal I thought we looked clueless as to how we might break down a solid defence. Caddis is not an attacking full back as much as I wish he was and as much as he thinks he is. he should leave it well alone. We seem to have signed numerous wingers but we never play them. Richie was dreadful and I would have taken him off. Connell needs to start to freshen up the strikers and what happen to the tall Czech?
Hopefully this is just a blip. I wouldn`t want to go to too many games like that. The crowd need something to cheer about and there wasn`t anything worth cheering for except possibly the final whistle when we could all go home.

Bathtime
fatbasher

« Reply #169 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 11:46:40 »

If we were still playing now it would be 0-0. Looking at their kit and the size of the fuckers I thought we were playing the all blacks.

Lets face it they were well pleased with the result and we we not so. It is unlikely but should we win the next three and draw the fourth consecutively all the way till next May then up we go as champions.

However, we are 1/3 of the way through the season and on target for 78 points which should secure a playoff place. Personally I'll be looking for an improvement in form for 2nd 1/3 and kick on again in the 3rd 1/3 to push for one of the automatic places. Not unhappy with where we are.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #170 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 11:56:53 »

Some Bradford fans not very happy with our club.

http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66995&sid=0e79f130a6a247bce24d77df27edd408

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 12:05:06 »

Fair point about the ticket prices.

A few extra for a ticket on away doesn't really make a diiference but it is the principle.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 12:19:37 »

Just looked at the sparse highlights on the football league show.  Fair enough on this occasion.  The sending off which some people thought was harsh I think was fair.  It was an off the ball tackle with the defender going straight through the back of Jervis with the ball nowhere near.  Couldnt be called a late tackle as the ball was not even close to the incident.

At roughly 1.04 on the FL show, if you fancy a look.  Try to get it spot on as pox are on before us, so you dont want to see that do you.

Never knowingly overstated.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 12:29:11 »

Get a life you sad bunch....if you dont want to pay the prices dont go.....i think 20 quid is to much for a curry for two so i dont buy one.....if you want to bring a coach and want it kept safe you ask all on board for 50p and pay the price.
Seems to me that some people just want to whine when going away.....go to Swindon then spend all day moaning about a few extra quid.
For what it is worth i think the prices are much to high but you know what they are beforehand and you takes the options.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 15:34:21 »

Get a life you sad bunch....if you dont want to pay the prices dont go.....i think 20 quid is to much for a curry for two so i dont buy one.....if you want to bring a coach and want it kept safe you ask all on board for 50p and pay the price.
Seems to me that some people just want to whine when going away.....go to Swindon then spend all day moaning about a few extra quid.
For what it is worth i think the prices are much to high but you know what they are beforehand and you takes the options.

Next they will be wanting free whippets and yorkshire broadband. Put kettle on Frodo.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:10:35 »

Thought id have my say on the last two games ....

I am a tad worried the two wonder goals hid alot of cracks in this team going forward.  The lack of creativity Ritchie apart is alarming at time.  Dont really remember either The Gills or The Bradford keepers having to make a save.  De Vita drifts inside all the bloody time, costing usd width down the left.  What has Gabilondo done exactly?

That said 4 clean sheets in a row is lovely and very very very rare!
Spencer_White

« Reply #176 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:14:11 »

I think he's spot on. Lower league grounds up and down the country treat away fans like shit now. Sometimes the stewards get smacked for it, and good, because often they deserve it. Its a battle repeated in most FL and PL grounds up and down the country, every week. If you are a big club, with a big following then you can do what you want and have a good time watching the football. If you are a smaller club then you'll get bullied. Real motivation for kids to support lower league clubs.

The prices are a joke, the board know it, we drop 1500 fans without a ticket promotion. I would estimate a 75% drop in pay on the day sales.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:26:12 by Spencer_White » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:20:53 »

I thought we were well below par yesterday. Nothing clicked going forward and we rarely threatened to create chances. Even against 10 men (which was never a sending off) we were struggling to get anything going and if we had played all night we wouldn't have scored. We certainly had an off day. Bradford didn't really offer anything either. It's another clean sheet though and we're now unbeaten in 5.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:21:19 »

We all knew that we'd get hammered by away fans regarding the prices. Heck most of us agree.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 17:40:53 »

Anybody know what was happening on County Road after the game??  All I saw was police cars surrounding a white van.

We passed the van, police cars in front and behind it. There were two motorbikes inside and lots of scrap metal, so presumably something to do with that....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: