Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Bradford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18130 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 17:33:13 »

Hmm, just couldn't score today.

Perhaps Jim'll fix i...

oh.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 17:33:38 »

de vita, caddis, smith and ritchie were all dogwank.

Bradford defended solidly but we played with no creativity whatsover, lumping the ball forward to two strikers who are never going to challenge.

Frustrating game.

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 17:34:01 »

One of those days, it happens, no need to panic although i bet thisis is in meltdown right now.

Initial reaction was that we got lucky with red card, seemed a bit harsh.

We look so solid at the back right now, didnt think that would be a strengh in PDC team.

Thought Caddis was shocking today
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 17:38:45 »

Ridehalgh was outstanding today love to sign him....a good team performance but the forwards were out of sorts.

One of those days though i thought the crowd was poor today in terms of support.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 17:49:08 »

One of those days though i thought the crowd was poor today in terms of support.
Agree for the first half, thought the crowd woke up a bit in the second.
Dozno9

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:02:33 »

I was wishing that Kerrouche had been subbed earlier but when Connell came on I realised that it just going to be one of those days.

De Vita was wank as was Ritchie, the latter has been dog shit for a few games now (apart from the goal on tue). All the team were at fault for sloppy passing and not closing space and a week off will be good for them.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:11:16 »

de vita, caddis, smith and ritchie were all dogwank.

Bradford defended solidly but we played with no creativity whatsover, lumping the ball forward to two strikers who are never going to challenge.

Frustrating game.
Ridehalgh was outstanding today love to sign him....a good team performance but the forwards were out of sorts.

Just goes to show how differently everybody sees the game! I thought that De-Vita was anonomous and Ridehalgh's crossing was poor. I also think that Jonathen Smith improves with every game. Standouts today were McCormack and Jervis for his 1st touch and bringing others into play. Special mention also to Wes for recovering his composure after his balls up. The way that he organised his wall and cajoled others for the freekick was outstanding considering it was only his 4th proffesional game.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:13:42 »

Anybody know what was happening on County Road after the game??  All I saw was police cars surrounding a white van.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:18:02 »

Just goes to show how differently everybody sees the game! I thought that De-Vita was anonomous and Ridehalgh's crossing was poor. I also think that Jonathen Smith improves with every game. Standouts today were McCormack and Jervis for his 1st touch and bringing others into play. Special mention also to Wes for recovering his composure after his balls up. The way that he organised his wall and cajoled others for the freekick was outstanding considering it was only his 4th proffesional game.

His crossing wasn't great Dirk.....but he is paid to defend and he makes it look easy...four clean sheets on the trot backs this up......very good player for me.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:48:27 »

I think we've got to give Bradford a lot of credit today. They are the best organised team I've seen here all season, particularly at the back. I'd happilly sign both their centre halves - the one who was sent off was having a bloody good game. I can't believe they're at the bottom and can't see them staying there.
I don't think today was about our players playing badly, just that Bradford were organised and made us look bad - credit where its due.
Not a very good spectacle today and I couldn't pick a MOM. On the Smith debate, i thought he had a much better game than Ferry who was out of sorts today.
Anyway, my glass is hafl full and if we can carry on this form we'll be alright.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:50:09 »

Back now and on my first beer of the day, shandy don't count. Dire first half, much prettier in the second, but with no end product, we basically battered them in the second however Bradford defended well, most of our crosses were dealt with easily by their two large centre backs.
Would love to see Connell come on earlier, Montano looked quite handy and Flint as usual was immense. Shame to drop two points but one is better than none
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 18:52:48 »

Back 5 played well, Jervis okay, the rest were plain poor, particularly Ritchie, De Vita and Smith. Not sure why they sent a netball ref to the CG.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 19:06:13 »

I think we've got to give Bradford a lot of credit today. They are the best organised team I've seen here all season, particularly at the back. I'd happilly sign both their centre halves - the one who was sent off was having a bloody good game. I can't believe they're at the bottom and can't see them staying there.
I don't think today was about our players playing badly, just that Bradford were organised and made us look bad - credit where its due.
Not a very good spectacle today and I couldn't pick a MOM. On the Smith debate, i thought he had a much better game than Ferry who was out of sorts today.
Anyway, my glass is hafl full and if we can carry on this form we'll be alright.

Good point Chalky. Fans of all clubs fall in to the trap of looking at only their own players' performances and forget that there's actually another team out there who haven't just come along to make up the numbers. I didn't go today but remember seeing Bradford at Leeds in the LC early in the season and they looked a very tidy side indeed so it's quite possible they're in a false position.

W4 D2 L0 in the month of October in all competitions tells me we're going in the right direction. And let's face it, if anyone had offered us at the start of the season, 10 points from Accies (A) Plymouth (A) Gills (H) and Bradford (H) with no goals conceded, anyone in their right mind would have jumped at it.

My can of beer is definitely half-full.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 19:48:18 »

Decent game I thought, just didn't quite click for us, probably because Bradford were superb at the back. Cant agree with the comments above about Caddis, thought he was our most creative player on the flanks. Only thing I thought was poor was Bradfords support, some will no doubt trot out ticket prices for non attendance but the ticket price is the lowest part of an away day cost, well it is for me anyway.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 19:49:55 »

Aren't they the best supported side in the division?  Maybe they just don't travel well.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: