Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49257 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #195 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 19:20:27 »

There's only 6 Louis Sahas, 6 Louis Sahas
LadyWomble

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:04:29 »

On a more serious note, I hope Wimbledon do not get too heavy handed tomorrow with those of our fans who have tickets in the home end.  Along with Brentford, we have been pretty much the most vociferous supporters of AFCW's position over the years since the Franchise abomination was created in Milton Keynes...so much so that Franchise now rate us as one of their 'rivals' (shudder).

Unless our fans are making trouble, I hope AFCW has the sense to look the other way.  If they have any ambitions to advance in the League while maintaining their current ground capacity, it won't be the last time something like this happens.

Some of us remember - I certainly do!  One of franchise's early pre-season friendly games was at your place.  You (mostly) were appalled at your club's decision to voluntarily play them and one of your number* stayed up all night making banners ... whilst his wife was due to give birth at any moment!  Whatever happens tomorrow (and a draw is the height of my hopes), I'll always think of that guy.

As for you getting tickets in the home end, it won't be the first time and we've done it ourselves plenty of times when clawing our way back through non-league.  We're a friendly bunch on the whole but, like anyone, don't like our faces rubbed in it by interlopers in our own ends.  In other words, follow the advice above, think how you'd feel with boot on the other foot and all should be fine.  It's a small ground and the view for away fans (and our own in the same terrace) is dire.  You have been warned!

*  to my eternal shame, I can't remember his name but if Mr X is here, then, xxxx  Clap

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:48:17 »

Some of us remember - I certainly do!  One of franchise's early pre-season friendly games was at your place.  You (mostly) were appalled at your club's decision to voluntarily play them and one of your number* stayed up all night making banners ... whilst his wife was due to give birth at any moment!  Whatever happens tomorrow (and a draw is the height of my hopes), I'll always think of that guy.

As for you getting tickets in the home end, it won't be the first time and we've done it ourselves plenty of times when clawing our way back through non-league.  We're a friendly bunch on the whole but, like anyone, don't like our faces rubbed in it by interlopers in our own ends.  In other words, follow the advice above, think how you'd feel with boot on the other foot and all should be fine.  It's a small ground and the view for away fans (and our own in the same terrace) is dire.  You have been warned!

*  to my eternal shame, I can't remember his name but if Mr X is here, then, xxxx  Clap

£50 says that was Ardiles with the bannners.  Cheers Mrs w were a good bunch, we're on your side, so i'm sure everything will be good.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:50:25 »

hahahahahahahahahahsahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He may be telling the truth. The silly cunt got so shitfaced last week he lost his wallet. (again)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 09:02:09 »

£50 says that was Ardiles with the bannners.  Cheers Mrs w were a good bunch, we're on your side, so i'm sure everything will be good.

I wish I could claim credit for that, but sadly I cannot.  It does ring a bell though.

Good post, Lady W.  I'm sure it will all be OK.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 11:18:19 »

Be great to get a chant of 'we hate Franchise' goin !

Be brilliant to hear the whole ground joining in, as one  Cheesy

STFC would be legend !
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 12:23:55 »

I hate AFC Wimbledon

I come from a land down-under
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 13:40:39 »

First time in a home end at an away game since the terraces at Upton Park many years ago. Thankfully that was 0-0
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 14:37:07 »

I think that was done by one of the TrustSTFC board members at the time. I know we helped dish out some leaflets against Franchising, and I believe there was a photo taken of one of the banners on top of the bonnet of a Franchise board members car !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 13:52:39 »

Wimbledon through to the FA Cup 2nd Round.  Franchise have to beat Cambridge City tonight.  I think it's the first time I'll ever have been hoping for a Franchise win!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 14:22:17 »

I don't think Wimbledon want to play them

Things get better but they never get good
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 14:32:02 »

This was fated to happen. I should think there'll be a lot of fans nationwide who'll bump up the AFC contingent if this grudge match does come about.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 14:34:35 »

The majority of AFC fans don't want to play them, believe they even released a statement after the draw saying they would participate in line with the rules of the FA Cup (begrudgingly I might add).

#VivaKenBarlow!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 15:46:19 »

Ha ha that was me. Although I didn't quite abandon the bedside while she was in labour as this makes it sound like, I left missus and nipper sleeping soundly and popped back home, finished off the banners and leaflets, then went back to the hospital later in the morning to bring them home. And then nipped out to drop off the banners and leaflets at the game in the afternoon. Which was a decent excuse to escape from the clutches of her/my parents to the pub as much as anything. Combination of lack of sleep/pure adrenaline and excitement, I was in a total daze all that day.

Over 10 years ago now, Christ doesn't time fly when you're having fun!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:48:38 »

Franchi$e 3-0 up at half time, looks like it's a sure they'll meet AFC in round 2!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: