Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49258 times)
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:18:29 »

Easy solution - everyone goes dressed as Great Uncle Bulgaria. Panic over.

Good thinking.  I've got myself one of these costumes.  Feel free to say hello if you see me tomorrow.

[url width=247 height=500]http://www.acefancydress.co.uk/images/images_big/womble%20costume%2033184.jpg[/url]
« Last Edit: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:25:28 by slinky » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:23:11 »

My favourite Womble is Tomsk.

[url width=450 height=350]http://blog.maxusglobal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/wombles_450x350.jpg[/url]

And, since you ask, Pootle is my favourite Flump.

[url width=300 height=225]http://sharetv.org/images/the_flumps_uk/cast/large/pootle_flump.jpg[/url]
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:39:26 »

On a more serious note, I hope Wimbledon do not get too heavy handed tomorrow with those of our fans who have tickets in the home end.  Along with Brentford, we have been pretty much the most vociferous supporters of AFCW's position over the years since the Franchise abomination was created in Milton Keynes...so much so that Franchise now rate us as one of their 'rivals' (shudder).

Unless our fans are making trouble, I hope AFCW has the sense to look the other way.  If they have any ambitions to advance in the League while maintaining their current ground capacity, it won't be the last time something like this happens.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:46:07 »

On a more serious note, I hope Wimbledon do not get too heavy handed tomorrow with those of our fans who have tickets in the home end.  Along with Brentford, we have been pretty much the most vociferous supporters of AFCW's position over the years since the Franchise abomination was created in Milton Keynes...so much so that Franchise now rate us as one of their 'rivals' (shudder).

Unless our fans are making trouble, I hope AFCW has the sense to look the other way.  If they have any ambitions to advance in the League while maintaining their current ground capacity, it won't be the last time something like this happens.

Good points but that will depend on the Town fans,lets face it how would we react to away fans in our sections taking the piss....so lets hope the Town fans get to celebrate a few goals but do it in a decent manner.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 10:00:25 »

How old is your daughter? Id stand at the back. If Swindon score and the players score and come over towards you then you'll get crushed at the front. Fighting with stewards only tends to happen in all seater grounds when they try and enforce seating.

Cheers, it's a day out for her 12th birthday - hopefully she'll be tall enough to see ok if we stand at the back.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 10:44:16 »

I've actually done it before at a Wimbledon game, albeit supporting Southampton when Wimbledon were playing their home games at Palace. Was a bit of a joke as the home sections were pretty much all Southampton and there wasn't much of an attempt to hide it, nor did anyone give a fuck. Bit different though.

I once went to Highbury on a Tuesday night to watch Wimbledon as the Wombles were my local team when I first lived in London. Arsenal wouldn't sell us tickets for the away end on the night, so we had to get tickets for the Clock End terrace. The Wimbledon fans were standing adjacent to the Clock End in the corner, so we explained to a copper that we were 'Wimbledon fans' and could we go and join the others as there was ample room. He said something along the lines of: "I couldn't possibly allow you to switch to another part of the ground, but if you were to slip through that gate while my back was turned there'd be nothing I could do." We did that, and Wimbledon went on to win 1-0.

Incidentally (and yes, I am aware this entire anecdote is totally incidental to the thread subject) this was back when the North Bank at Highbury was just a painting of some fans, and we still paid on the night to get in the home end.

Should be a great day out tomorrow, I wish I could make it. Come on you Reds.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 11:23:08 »

", but if you were to slip through that gate while my back was turned there'd be nothing I could do." We did that, and Wimbledon went on to win 1-0.

The Villa fans got moved from the home Stratton Bank to away Stratton Bank terrace in our TV cup game. 0 chance of that happening on Saturday with a sell-out away following.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 11:24:04 »

As long as none of our fans in the home sections start lording it about i'm sure they'll be fine. I'm sure most Wimbledon fans are reasonable souls and will be happy as long as we don't take the piss too much.

Meanwhile i'll be in the away section giving it the big 'un.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:39:06 »

On another note, hopefully a certain goalkeeper will equal our clean sheet record tomorrow.  That would be awesome if he manages it. 
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 15:59:01 »

Absolutely buzzing for this one, see you all in the Peel  Beers

Now, ain't that just like me?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 16:17:25 »

Im not drinking at this one...

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 17:08:11 »

Desperate times equals desperate measures:

- A three course carvery including tea and coffee
- Drinks service direct to the tables
- Sky Sports/ ESPN on the high def screen
- A complimentary match programme and team sheet
- A pre-match briefing by Terry Brown

The carvery opens in the back bar at 12 noon.

Cost: £25 (carvery only) or £45 (including a seat ticket for the Paul Strank Stand)

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 17:45:39 »

Im not drinking at this one...

hahahahahahahahahahsahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's All Good..............
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 17:51:05 »

We feature on football league weekend coming up shortly with ferry looking the main attraction
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 19:13:30 »

Changed my mind now Steven, actually tuck owes me a pint

Jump to: