Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49744 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 06:50:27 »

Easy, tell them they are AFC Wimbledon (NOT Wimbledon) and the 'real 'Wimbledon' do no longer exist.
Also they nicked a large number of Kingstonian fans.

Theres the history summed up

I come from a land down-under
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 07:42:28 »

If any one asks me going in, I'll be a neutral going for my 92 club!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 07:47:43 »

Seriously, how the heck can this be policed?

Are they going to throw out anyone with a suspicious accent (in multicultural London)? They'll risk chucking out their own casual support.

Suggest big groups deploy 90's nightclub tactic and split up into smaller groups. Oh and no trainers.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #153 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 08:17:12 »

Seriously, how the heck can this be policed?

If you haven't got a big nose, fluffy feet and don't recycle your ticket then you're out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:09:35 »

If you haven't got a big nose, fluffy feet and don't recycle your ticket then you're out

Smiley
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 09:15:42 »

I'll be interested to see what they ask for as "evidence".

The statement from Wimbledon is laughable, they're tinpot terrace tickets and most people don't even carry anything with their address on let alone "evidence" of which club they support.

I blame Sepp Blatter.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:50:50 »

Thinking of 'The Albert' in Norbiton for pre match beerage - looks quite decent http://www.thealbertkingston.co.uk/

For obvious reasons I won't be frequenting the Robert Peel.....  Cheesy
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 11:34:54 »

tbh I am reading the bit on the AFCW website to read that they are doing extra checks as part of the online ticket ordering process.  Once the tickets are in your hand I don't see how they can refuse entry unless you make it obvious that you are an STFC fan.  Keep your head down and you will be fine.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 13:14:03 »

To be honest this is a little worrying. As mentioned before I am in the John Smiths end with the Mrs and my two young lads. After paying out an expensive train fare I won't be too pleased if I am not allowed in the ground.
For sure I will not be wearing colours but I purchased the tickets on line with an OX post code and they have taken the money and I have the tickets....
From a legal position surely this is a contract agreement. In addition there is no note on the tickets saying that away supporters etc will be refused entry.

Interested on your thoughts here but I am going with mozalini, head down and go into ground.

One problem though could be my 4 year old who has is own Keroooosh song - "Keroosh, Keroosh, Keroosh is "on the" fire"
Lets hope his older Brother doesn't get him to sing it when we are at the turnstiles. Smiley

I reckon there could easily over 100 Swindon Supporters in the JS end.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 13:35:38 »

From a legal position surely this is a contract agreement. In addition there is no note on the tickets saying that away supporters etc will be refused entry.

True - but in all likelihood it will be the police and not AFCW refusing entry, and they will not have to worry about such legal details.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 13:41:10 »

Is the John Smiths terrace split in two then? My tickets are in the John Smiths but I got them from the CG so must be in the away section.

On a different note, I'm taking my daughter to her first away league match so being a terrace I guess I'll need to get there early to grab a spot at the front. My concern is that recent reports on here from away games suggest we have a slightly 'unsavoury' element who like to get in fights with stewards etc.
My question to the more experienced traveller out there is will it be obvious who I need to avoid??
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 13:55:12 »

Duke from a legal POV, even though they may not show on the tickets, it's likely that AFC Wimbledon have there own terms & conditions which will be shown somewhere! And even though it's a contract, a contract can be made voidable pretty much by whatever means

My advice to you is to keep your head down and bring some duc tape for your children haha!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 14:06:25 »

I'm you'll be fine Duke. I would expect Wimbledon to be a family club and maybe being naive but wouldn't expect much trouble or heavy handed tactics from the stewards.

They should be welcoming families like yours.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 14:20:19 »

I expect it will be a drab match with very little to get excited about, then a last minute world class strike from Risser in the 96th minute, the 200 STFC fans in the home end go mental, but its too late for the stewards to do anything.  However a first minute goal might give the stewards a clue just how many of us have sneaked in.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 15:44:14 »

To be honest this is a little worrying. As mentioned before I am in the John Smiths end with the Mrs and my two young lads. After paying out an expensive train fare I won't be too pleased if I am not allowed in the ground.
For sure I will not be wearing colours but I purchased the tickets on line with an OX post code and they have taken the money and I have the tickets....

Interested on your thoughts here but I am going with mozalini, head down and go into ground.

One problem though could be my 4 year old who has is own Keroooosh song - "Keroosh, Keroosh, Keroosh is "on the" fire"
Lets hope his older Brother doesn't get him to sing it when we are at the turnstiles. Smiley

I reckon there could easily over 100 Swindon Supporters in the JS end.

I genuinely don't think they will ask you as a family for proof of address....

Its the young groups of lads they'll be targeting i'd imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: