Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35414 times)
phelpsieboy

« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:41:58 »

Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know the song that was Played pre math before Kasmir. Think the chorus had the lyrics " your attack " .
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:46:29 »

He had
Can remember us leading Bradford 4-0 at half time with a Quinn hat trick years back.........and then the fog came.
I was there too! Under the clock on the Stratton Bank. Remember it well.

Also went to Bradford a couple of years later when the only highlight of the game, was when all of the sparse crowd giggled at one of the Town fans shouting 'No wonder you are only an f'ing assistant' to a linesman that kept flagging offside irrespective of the positioning of players!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:58:04 »

I've just seen the highlights on the OS - brilliant strikes from Richards and Smith. I was very critical of Smith early this season but will very gladly eat humble pie Smiley

Not seen us since Barnet game due to shitty hours at work, perhaps my absence has been the catalyst for this run of form
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 23:33:23 »

Montano wasnt with the program regards his work ethic. Should have been subbed earlier. De Vita also had a poor game, seemed to spend far too much time in field out of position. Dont know if Di Canio's praise from the Plymouth game has gone to his head a bit?

That first half was as good a standard of football that you will get in L2. Very fast pace, with loads of 1 touch passes from both teams. It was pretty equal until McCormack went off and then I thought they shaded it. Their midfield looked excellent to me, but their forwards are probably not as good as Gills fans think they are. It was probably the best Ive ever seen Nouble play, but still not that great, and Kuffour is looking a bit past it. If they get some decent strikers and some more composure in front of goal then they should be top 3.

Positives for us, Flint, Ferry, J Smith and Foderingham. Poor noise from our crowd, we got outsung by 400 Gills fans, which is dire. Our fans were also getting on players backs at 0-0, which was stupid considering Jills were clearly the best team weve played in the league so far at the CG.

Great to see people drawing comparisons to Ritchie's goal with Hoddle's against Sunderland. Top class that only top players can produce. I suspect any team comming down will double up on him now and he wont be allowed that much time on that left foot.

Hoddle  had about three hours to pick the shot in comparison.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 23:37:14 »

He had
Can remember us leading Bradford 4-0 at half time with a Quinn hat trick years back.........and then the fog came.

Not sure about that score....I'm thinking more 3-0...think Phil King got a goal maybe his first for Town, but then it was wiped off.

Ref was David Elleray....tried to see it out , but you couldn't see the end of your arm.  Never known such a dense fog before or since.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 06:30:31 »

Not sure about that score....I'm thinking more 3-0...think Phil King got a goal maybe his first for Town, but then it was wiped off.

Ref was David Elleray....tried to see it out , but you couldn't see the end of your arm.  Never known such a dense fog before or since.
Dunno who scored - Couldn't see! Remember we were winning easily. Iirc the rearranged game was a very different story.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 09:36:48 »

Dunno who scored - Couldn't see! Remember we were winning easily. Iirc the rearranged game was a very different story.

Ended up 2-2, when they scored in about the 7th minute of added on time.  Pre, having to tell you how long was being added on, days.  Elleray again....subsequently I came to like the balding Harrovian school master  Smiley
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 12:09:56 »

Agree. Some of his interceptions were brilliant, he was reading everything they tried.

Did anyone notice late in the 2nd half, just before we scored, a shot came in from Gills around the 18 yeard box and Cibocchi stepped out and appealed for offside, as the shot was coming in. I've never seen that before by a player.  Grin
Spencer_White

« Reply #248 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 17:31:51 »

I can only presume that these are coming from armchair "fans" with few functioning braincells.

Ritchie hasn't been at his best for a few games but I think he has been just about our best player over the season so far; he's always going to be a bit up and down but he has the quality to win matches which is rare at this level.  Also, any team doing a bit of homework mark him out as the dangerman, freeing space for others.

I think Smith is the most improved since the start of the season.  At first I thought he'd be no more than a back-up player but now I'd want him in every week.  I thought he was one of our best players at Plymouth.

Arriba slagged them right off before he quit the forum.

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,45015.0.html
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 17:54:18 »

God he was a moany bastard.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #250 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 17:55:28 »

God he was a moany bastard.
I liked arriba - didn't agree with him much but he was alright
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 18:21:30 »

As a long time reader, very new contributor, my opinion means nothing - but I liked arriba.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 18:27:41 »

I liked arriba - didn't agree with him much but he was alright
Yeah I'm not criticising him as a person but even now we're only 15 games in and he'd already thrown a wobbly. I just wish people would chill out a bit more!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 18:36:01 »

Yeah I'm not criticising him as a person but even now we're only 15 games in and he'd already thrown a wobbly. I just wish people would chill out a bit more!

Or maybe some people are just plain thick
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 18:42:41 »

People having a wobbly is what puts the Great into Britain...  If we all sat on here marvelling over how wonderful every player was it'd be pretty dull.  I'd like to Jimmy and Mickey Hazard Was God back while we're at it!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: