Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -v- Gillingham FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35507 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:02:37 »

Bogus Dave is not a cunt, I repeat not a cunt.
nochee

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:03:15 »

Bogus Dave is not a cunt, I repeat not a cunt.

YES HE IS!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:05:51 »

Very very happy with that result against the pikey fuckwits.

And a worldy by Ritchie as well.........sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:08:15 »

Loving the fact the last two wins have come from goals in the closing stages of the games.  Love winning games late on, hate dropping points late (as it's felt we've done constantly for years).
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:15:56 »

They was robbed! But two super goals and a clean sheet against the best side we've played this season. Keep this up and we might be top three material.

On the down side, our crowd are embarrassingly quiet at times. We're the Arsenal of L2.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:17:40 by System » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:16:43 »

The six fingered Wovers cunts in 16th. Brilliant viewing that table. Never in doubt that result  Head Hurts

Now, ain't that just like me?
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:17:02 »

Loving the post match...

On Ritchie's goal…

He proved at the end that he has so much energy. I am happy to see him score but one day I would like to score a simple goal. At times we are too elegant, but it never happens that we score a simple goal! If we can keep scoring goals like Ritchie's then so be it. I couldn't score a goal like that as a player. My legs used to be like mozzarella cheese so late on in a game!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:17:38 »

has Wes conceded a goal yet?
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:20:53 »

nope
nochee

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:21:19 »

Nope, but he was very lucky tonight (or so it sounded on the radio) They could have made it 1-1 if not for a complete fuck up.

Still, we are Swindon and i fucking loves it
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:25:07 »

Brilliant game of football between 2 good sides who pass the ball well. Great entertainment that. I thought we were superb in the first 30 minutes or so. Our passing play was brilliant and sometimes we either tried one pass too many or the final ball wasn't quite good enough.

After that though Gillingham really got into the game. They passed the ball really well and kept the game flowing at a great tempo. Kuffour really should have scored that rebound from all but 2 yards out but credit to Foderingham it was a great save to tip the initial header onto the bar and it was fantastic to see McCormack ensure that Kuffour failed to get the ball over the line. That's the sort of thing we haven't seen here for years.

2nd half Gillingham continued to press and produce good football. They hit the post where they really should have scored and we really couldn't get anything going. Then Paolo makes a great change and brings on Connell. I dont know what it is but he offers something that all of our other strikers don't and he's a real impact player.

It changed the game and that strike from Ritchie was pure class. Best goal i've seen at the CG for a fair few years in fact it's probably up there in my top 5 goals i've seen at the CG full stop. Sweet strike keeper had no chance and it went like a rocket. How Kedwell missed a sitter for them a few minutes later I will never know but Smith came up with a pearler of his own that was class. For once we didn't sit back and took advantage of Gills pushing forward.

Perhaps undeserved tonight but we'll take it. I sense a real team spirit, desire to win and our good fitness coming through now. Keeping it up will be tough but I think we have a chance this season. Both teams will be up there come May. Gills the best team i've seen play us so far.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:27:21 »

Were we lucky  - yes
Do I give a fuck - nope!

Good team Gills. We looked a bit ragged in the second half. God knows how they missed their 3 chances. But we have the points, so who cares.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:36:09 »

Great to put a run together, and its wonderful to see us in the play-off position - especially after that poor run at the start of the season.  I was really starting to worry.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:44:50 »

Someone was quick
Dozno9

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 21:45:19 »

By fuck we rode our luck tonight but 2 stunning goals. Despite their chances we still passed the ball well at times. The difference at the moment is the back 4 with Wes being the final piece of that puzzle. With the players we have in the attacking third we will always create chances.

Caddis is also outstanding at the moment and the partnerships are all over the pitch with the exception of the top 2
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: