Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser, Atiku, Esajas, Gabilondo, Cibocchi, Comazzi  (Read 8855 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 20:56:45 »

Not actually set the Swindon on fire, have they?

PDC was a bit trigger happy in the transfer market during the summer, wasn't he...

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 20:58:31 »

We certainly have a large squad. I'm a bit worried the board are going for shit or bust this season.

Meh, we'll go up via the playoffs.
Coca Fola

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 21:02:14 »

We're only 2 months in. Give them until January at least.
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 21:09:56 »

We're only 2 months in. Give them until January at least.
did you copy & paste that from a thread last season Grin
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 21:14:21 »

And Di Canio has put his hands up and said some aren't as good as he thought.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dozno9

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 21:14:35 »

Yeah Paolo's a cunt what a fucking twat he is, all that money on that shit. He should have stuck with the huge squad we already had.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 23:22:49 »

On one hand most of them haven't played enough football to be judged properly

On the other hand you have to wonder why most of them haven't played enough football to be judged properly.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 30, 2011, 23:45:08 »

Pah, we got relegated last season with the bulk of the squad that got us within one win of promotion the year before. It was always going to be a case that these players would fuck off as soon as they could citing "Division 3 Playoff Finalist" on their CV's. 

Where the fuck does the club go from there? You sack the manager who got you to the playoffs (rightly in the end) and break up the squad for various reasons, but mostly because of the "playoff finalist" caveat mentioned.

We're in Division 4. We have an untried, rookie manager. We have to rebuild the squad. We were always going to go back to the days where we picked up a load of freebies (They're free for a reason) ala the King era and have transer budget of £70k for the odd Jerel Ifil etc etc.

The difference being this year of course that that manager has a name. The board are backing him with more than a £70k budget. The media are interested.

I belive PDC learns from every game and I came into this season HOPING for the title (as under Wise/Sturrock) but despite the inconsistent start to the season, I belive that we will be in the playoff/automatic promotion places come the end of the season and, there will be a part to play somewhere along the line for these players that have been mentioned. 

PDC is football to the very core of his being and, as with a decent pint of the black stuff, the best things come to those who wait.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
deltaincline

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 1, 2011, 00:21:12 »

Pah, we got relegated last season with the bulk of the squad that got us within one win of promotion the year before. It was always going to be a case that these players would fuck off as soon as they could citing "Division 3 Playoff Finalist" on their CV's. 

Where the fuck does the club go from there? You sack the manager who got you to the playoffs (rightly in the end) and break up the squad for various reasons, but mostly because of the "playoff finalist" caveat mentioned.

We're in Division 4. We have an untried, rookie manager. We have to rebuild the squad. We were always going to go back to the days where we picked up a load of freebies (They're free for a reason) ala the King era and have transer budget of £70k for the odd Jerel Ifil etc etc.

The difference being this year of course that that manager has a name. The board are backing him with more than a £70k budget. The media are interested.

I belive PDC learns from every game and I came into this season HOPING for the title (as under Wise/Sturrock) but despite the inconsistent start to the season, I belive that we will be in the playoff/automatic promotion places come the end of the season and, there will be a part to play somewhere along the line for these players that have been mentioned. 

PDC is football to the very core of his being and, as with a decent pint of the black stuff, the best things come to those who wait.

This.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 12:19:51 »

They all play for Swindon Town.

What do I win?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 13:21:24 »

They all play for Swindon Town.

What do I win?

define 'play'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 13:28:24 »

They collect gold from Swindon Town in return for their services, should they be required.

As an aside, anyone know why a few of our players have '61 plate Mercs?  Are we sponsored by Mercedes or sumat?!
REDBUCK

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 13:54:01 »

Did i miss a title winning season.?

[/quote]
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:02:45 »

Did i miss a title winning season.?

I think he meant he went into that season hoping for the title, same as this season.

I still think we should be aiming for top spot. Our team is as good as, if not better than anything in this league.

Need to sort the away form out asap.

Although 6 defeats already is worry - we can probably only afford to lose 2 or 3 more if we want to win the league.
Coca Fola

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:07:31 »

I think he meant he went into that season hoping for the title, same as this season.

I still think we should be aiming for top spot. Our team is as good as, if not better than anything in this league.

Need to sort the away form out asap.

Although 6 defeats already is worry - we can probably only afford to lose 2 or 3 more if we want to win the league.
This.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: