Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Risser, Atiku, Esajas, Gabilondo, Cibocchi, Comazzi  (Read 8846 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:12:04 »

Agreed about the autos. But I did wonder about the playoffs if those spots are out of reach.

Stevenage lost 13 and made the playoffs last season. That was the most losses in the top 7.

But importantly they drew 15. Clearly we need to improve, but even on current form we'd hit 62-63 points which is just 5 shy of the playoffs last year. It wouldn't take much to move is into contention, its finely balanced.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:32:52 »

Indeed, probably about time I got my statto on...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:46:45 »

Last years 7th place total of 68 points was the 2nd lowest in the last 10 seasons in L2!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 15:51:12 »

Div 4 is the easiest league to get out of, but as things stand we don't look like a top 3 side.

You just can't keep getting beat away, when playing reasonably well and having generally favourable conditions....sooner or later we'll start being poor away and the the weather will turn grim.

Starting from Saturday we need something like a 10-12  game unbeaten run to put us into contention. Can't really see a case for it happening, we've some useful players here and there, and bits work as units, but we've too many weak links, in key positions.

There doesn't seem to be a stand out team, but there are one or two who can grind results....O*frod being the best example of this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:08:05 »

Div 4 is the easiest league to get out of, but as things stand we don't look like a top 3 side.

You just can't keep getting beat away, when playing reasonably well and having generally favourable conditions....sooner or later we'll start being poor away and the the weather will turn grim.

Starting from Saturday we need something like a 10-12  game unbeaten run to put us into contention. Can't really see a case for it happening, we've some useful players here and there, and bits work as units, but we've too many weak links, in key positions.

There doesn't seem to be a stand out team, but there are one or two who can grind results....O*frod being the best example of this.

I pretty much agree with all those points, maybe except for the weather turning as I think pitches are in the main vastly better than they were a few years back and most grounds have a good surface for playing passing football on.....there are of course a few exceptions to that.

But this is the easiest division to get out of, it has to be because its the lowest level of league football.

That doesnt mean that we will find it easy to get out of this division, but having watched the highlights of the macc lads game then I feel on another day we could have easily had 4 or 5 goals and thrashed them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:23:27 »

I pretty much agree with all those points, maybe except for the weather turning as I think pitches are in the main vastly better than they were a few years back and most grounds have a good surface for playing passing football on.....there are of course a few exceptions to that.

But this is the easiest division to get out of, it has to be because its the lowest level of league football.

That doesnt mean that we will find it easy to get out of this division, but having watched the highlights of the macc lads game then I feel on another day we could have easily had 4 or 5 goals and thrashed them.

It's the easiest because 4 go up, and 7th is a PO place and can be achieved by a fairly modest haul of points....the pattern of away defeats is what is concerning, namely that we play well first half miss some chances then go behind due to error and can't find a way back.  Not a recipe for success.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:27:16 »

If I could guarantee us winning in the playoff finals then I would love to dump oxford into league 2 for another year by beating them at wembly, those bobble Austin shirts took the p1ss. Howwever it seems a common theme at the moment that we basically batter teams but are not scorring the goals and we get caught against the run of play. Hopefully PDC will stop tinkering and leave a winning squad unchanged.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:35:03 »

We should be using the Tin Pot Trophy tomorrow night to give these guys some game time.

Gabilondo certainly looked very useful when I've watched him. Even if he's just used as an impact sub to make something happen in a game like Macclesfield, surely he has to be worth a place on the bench?!

I've never known players to be purchased, played a few games, then completely disappeared from the face of the earth like some of PDC's acquisitions have!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:38:55 »

We should be using the Tin Pot Trophy tomorrow night to give these guys some game time.

Gabilondo certainly looked very useful when I've watched him. Even if he's just used as an impact sub to make something happen in a game like Macclesfield, surely he has to be worth a place on the bench?!

I've never known players to be purchased, played a few games, then completely disappeared from the face of the earth like some of PDC's acquisitions have!

Hang on Welsh,not having a go bud but most people are slating PDC for changing the team to much!
Fact is all these players will get a chance,we are only 11 matches in and the Cups to come...the main reason for these players not playing i think is there level of fitness,if it isn't as Paolo wants it they have no chance of playing.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:45:42 »

slating him for changing the team in the league

no one gives a fuck about the piss poor paint pot, might as well rest some players and give some others a go.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:51:34 »

It's the easiest because 4 go up, and 7th is a PO place and can be achieved by a fairly modest haul of points....the pattern of away defeats is what is concerning, namely that we play well first half miss some chances then go behind due to error and can't find a way back.  Not a recipe for success.

So many away defeats is concerning, there is no way of doubting that. But I do think that we will get a break and win several on the bounce away from home, when the luck is going your way it really does go your way, at the moment it isnt but these things average out over a season normally.

And we are playing quite well in at least 1 half of games and if that clicks then we will start storming matches IMO.

We are very close to having a good side, but for me the defence and the keeping situation is a concern, with Smith injured relying on Lanzano scares the crap put of me.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:54:17 »

no one gives a fuck about the piss poor paint pot, might as well rest some players and give some others a go.

Arent there specific rules about playing a certain amount of players in this cup that played the previous 1st team match? isn't it at least 6 players that played in the previous game or something like that because that may limit his amount of choices for playing squad players such as these players mentioned above?
« Last Edit: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:55:55 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:55:52 »

T*dd's short lived reign had something similar.....a major rebuild after a relegation and lots of new players taken in bulk from an agent. Players like Cobian, Heiselberg, Martin Williams, Robertson....of course with a scatter gun approach to signings, you can get the odd decent player, so Invincible and O'Halloran fell into that bracket. 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 16:57:41 »

Exactly,that is my point but Welsh made the point that players had disapeared without trace Hmmm...yet as i am pointing out people are saying the team has been changed to much Hmmm

Can't have it both ways can you.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 3, 2011, 17:01:10 »

You can't. But it is surprising they haven't made the bench (Comazzi aside).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: