Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191602 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 22:07:23 »

Cheers bamboo so are you only tied for a month at a time that's how you're able to choose between them all and maybe swap them around throughout the year?

Yeah if you wanted I guess, you could have all three and as you say, cancel one or two for a month and no obligation to go back. Most of them offer a free month as well.

I think with Disney+ you can get it free or £2 per month for 6 months if you're an o2 customer. There could be a hack though, that allows anyone to get the offer (another story). In short - yep  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: Thursday, September 3, 2020, 22:09:39 »

Yeah if you wanted I guess, you could have all three and as you say, cancel one or two for a month and no obligation to go back. Most of them offer a free month as well.

I think with Disney+ you can get it free or £2 per month for 6 months if you're an o2 customer. There could be a hack though, that allows anyone to get the offer (another story). In short - yep  Smiley

👍👍

So, give no fucks
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:16:55 »

Netflix is really good for a wide variety of stuff, Amazon Prime for me is a no brainer as me and my boys buy stuff rom amazon all the time and pay for prime delivery so the TV is free with that, there is some really good stuff on there as well.
Netflix has really good shows and documentaries but their movies aren't great but Amazon Prime is really good for movies and have some great shows on there but nowhere near as good a range as Netflix.
I only had Disney+ for the Mandalorian so can't comment on anything else.
I also got Apple TV for a year free with my new iPad and that has some great stuff on it but I wouldn't recommend buying it for more than a month, that should be plenty of time to binge watch the best stuff. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 10:20:13 »

Netflix is really good for a wide variety of stuff, Amazon Prime for me is a no brainer as me and my boys buy stuff rom amazon all the time and pay for prime delivery so the TV is free with that, there is some really good stuff on there as well.
Netflix has really good shows and documentaries but their movies aren't great but Amazon Prime is really good for movies and have some great shows on there but nowhere near as good a range as Netflix.
I only had Disney+ for the Mandalorian so can't comment on anything else.
I also got Apple TV for a year free with my new iPad and that has some great stuff on it but I wouldn't recommend buying it for more than a month, that should be plenty of time to binge watch the best stuff. 

Many thanks for your opinion which is much appreciated. So out of the two would you choose Amazon prime for overall value?

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:02:38 »

If I was picking 1 then Netflix would be my choice. Between my kids subs I use, i have them all and Netflix wins hands down in my opinion. To be fair Amazon does have some food content too and if you shop there then it's worth having. £79 a year is good value.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4400 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:05:21 »

If I was picking 1 then Netflix would be my choice. Between my kids subs I use, i have them all and Netflix wins hands down in my opinion. To be fair Amazon does have some food content too and if you shop there then it's worth having. £79 a year is good value.
Netflix has way more content available for free (after the subscription payment) than does Amazon.

We only have Amazon Prime so that my wife, who is an avid reader, can get free books for her kindle and we get free delivery from Amazon on Prime.

If it was a choice between the 2 then Netflix would win 100% of the time, thats not saying there isn't good things on Prime but not the quantity and not all are included in the subs cost.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:09:06 »

Netflix has way more content available for free (after the subscription payment) than does Amazon.

We only have Amazon Prime so that my wife, who is an avid reader, can get free books for her kindle and we get free delivery from Amazon on Prime.

If it was a choice between the 2 then Netflix would win 100% of the time, thats not saying there isn't good things on Prime but not the quantity and not all are included in the subs cost.

What Netflix package do you have

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4402 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:18:01 »

What Netflix package do you have
We just have standard so 2 TVs can watch at the same time, we were on the Premium package as it allows for UHD but we found they were too dark with our TV and you cant adjust the contrast in UHD so we just went for the HD, there is very little actual difference in quality TBH between them when streaming.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:19:15 »

We jsut have standard so 2 TVs can watch at the same time, we were on the Premium package as it allows for UHD but we found they were too dark with out TV and you cant adjust the contrast in UHD so we just went for the HD, there is very little actual difference in quality TBH between them when streaming.

That's all I needed to know as I was considering the basic package
Cheers

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4404 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:20:19 »

That's all I needed to know as I was considering the basic package
Cheers
Welcome.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: Friday, September 4, 2020, 13:20:57 »

Welcome.

👍

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4406 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:50:34 »

I may have missed this previously (as its 6 years old now) but being shown on Sky DOcumentary channel at the moment....

"Next Goal Wins" the documantary about the American Samoa team that got beaten 31-0 by Australia and had never won an international game.

Basically they get in an experiences Dutch/American coach to try to sort them out.

It is such a moving documentary, real tug at the heart strings of any supporter of a crap team.

Actually brings a tear to the eye.

Well worth watching.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:51:05 »

Good documentary that is
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4408 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 06:34:01 »

Seven Seconds on Netflix is a good watch - 10 episode series.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 07:00:28 »

Started watching Cobra Kai following an earlier post. Excellent so far.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: