Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 6948 times)
Saxondale

+45/-7

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Today at 11:57:21 »

Today is the first day of my wife working from home.  (She's a divorce lawyer.  She'll be busy soon.  If anyone needs advice I'll pass on her details!) The 2 kids also being at home.  4 of us in a small terraced house.

Tomorrow is 14 days since Ive worked.  14 days since I was running a gig with the great unwashed.  I don't seem to have any symptoms so I am quite happy.

And In response to the question in the forum subject, Im doing cock all.  Again.  Except reading a book about a soul searching for its abandoned body and a boy's search for his friends corpse in a South Korean massacre.

Cheery stuff.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

+330/-186

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Today at 12:09:51 »

Tomorrow is 14 days since Ive worked.  14 days since I was running a gig with the great unwashed.  I don't seem to have any symptoms so I am quite happy.
Little goals mate, I have been out once in the last 14 days but that was to Swindon a week today, so I am hoping that I can last another week with no extra symptoms then I will be as happy as I can be with another 11 week sheilding left.

The wife has always worked from home but shes busier than ever now with all her clients doing videos of fitness instructing via zoom or facebook so she has to organise that, its a bit mad at the moment.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:11:24 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.
Saxondale

+45/-7

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Today at 12:18:47 »

Yeah, sorry to hear you've got to have 12 weeks.  All for the best I guess.  The little things on the other side are going to be massive pleasures, just going out for a coffee or anything like that.

Ive been to the shops but Im feeling really weird about going out running or anything.  It feels wrong.

pauld

+187/-145

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Today at 13:10:29 »

Ive been to the shops but Im feeling really weird about going out running or anything.  It feels wrong.
It's not wrong, it's essential. Exercise is vital to both your physical and mental well being. Just maybe don't go running through the middle of Sainsburys!
Batch
Thingie

+158/-55

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Today at 13:13:05 »

We booked a trip to Iceland yesterday in the hope its sodded off enough by February to actually go.

Bit of a risk given no cancellation insurance for obvious reasons, but the flights were dirt cheap.

Always wanted to see the northern lights a cloudy sky.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

+25/-3

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Today at 13:13:33 »

What Paul said. Being cooped up, becoming less fit and in poorer mental health is a terrible health outcome in and of itself. There's a reason there's an exception for exercise, and unless you're super high risk or in a really difficult area, a sensible, socially distanced walk should be as close to zero risk as you can get. 
Saxondale

+45/-7

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Today at 13:23:00 »

I am still doing exercise, just not the running.  I did have a stupid plan that lasted a couple of days of doing 10k a day until the 5th of May (5th of May being the next day I have work booked in for.  Obviously it will be cancelled) that lasted 2 days.

Im now back using the garage to do HIIT sessions.  Which is enough.  Ive kind of fallen out of love with running.  I've done the limit of what Im going to do so unless I can work out some other target that really attracts me the garage it is.

Batch
Thingie

+158/-55

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Today at 13:32:00 »

can I borrow your right knee Sax?
Bob's Orange

+52/-16

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Today at 13:39:59 »

We booked a trip to Iceland yesterday in the hope its sodded off enough by February to actually go.

Bit of a risk given no cancellation insurance for obvious reasons, but the flights were dirt cheap.

Always wanted to see the northern lights a cloudy sky.

Good idea Batch. We're thinking of a winter break at the start of next year. I'm beginning to think we may have quite a lot of holiday to carry forward into next year so taking advantage of the cheaper flights could be beneficial. Of course its a risk as we don't know how long this is going to go on but surely to goodness we'll be somewhere back to normal by Q1 2021?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

+45/-7

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Today at 13:46:44 »

can I borrow your right knee Sax?

Yeah sure, thats the only good one Ive got.  The left has an unrepaired ruptured cruciate ligament.

pauld

+187/-145

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Today at 13:59:52 »

I am still doing exercise, just not the running.  I did have a stupid plan that lasted a couple of days of doing 10k a day until the 5th of May (5th of May being the next day I have work booked in for.  Obviously it will be cancelled) that lasted 2 days.

Im now back using the garage to do HIIT sessions.  Which is enough.  Ive kind of fallen out of love with running.  I've done the limit of what Im going to do so unless I can work out some other target that really attracts me the garage it is.
That's fair enough, each to their own and all that, but please make sure you're also getting out for a walk at least. Seeing some sky and getting some air is just as important for (mental) health as the fitness
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: