Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192151 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3915 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 10:50:27 »

I started to watch The Blacklist about 3 weeks ago, I’m now just starting the 5th season - 92 episodes in! I’m hooked, absolutely love it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3916 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:35:11 »

Started to watch its always sunny in Philadelphia over the weekend.

Is it worth watching? The first 6 episodes have been good but is it 9 seasons good?

Yes. It gets a lot better after season one (although does dip a bit in later seasons)

Things get better but they never get good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3917 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:56:08 »

w
Yes. It gets a lot better after season one (although does dip a bit in later seasons)
Cool, will carry on. Its nice to have that  show which can fill a 25 min gap rather than the usual 1hr episodes
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3918 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 18:38:41 »

Netflix have just released the new series of Top Boy, all 10 episodes there to watch.

If you've not seen the first two series, they are probably still on Channel 4.

All superb, I'm 4 in to the new one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3919 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 18:47:56 »

thanks for the heads up. first one was excellent, second very very good, but it's been so long since I watched them I can't remember how it ended
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3920 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 09:47:15 »

Slowly working my way through Carnival Row, its been fairly good so far, although Orlando Bloom cannot act for toffee, does all have an air of UK 2019 about it sadly.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3921 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 13:21:58 »

Netflix have just released the new series of Top Boy, all 10 episodes there to watch.

If you've not seen the first two series, they are probably still on Channel 4.

All superb, I'm 4 in to the new one.
Nice one, been waiting for this. First 2 series are top notch.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3922 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 09:27:20 »

Finished Top Boy last night. Really good and worth a watch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3923 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 09:42:24 »

The missus is watching Rivera on Netflix, its like bloody Dynasty!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3924 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 17:18:25 »

Finished Top Boy last night. Really good and worth a watch.

I finished it last night too and echo those sentiments. Kano and Dave gave incredible performances as Sully and Moldie, two grime MC's that have turned out to be great actors too.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3925 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 17:43:55 »

I finished it last night too and echo those sentiments. Kano and Dave gave incredible performances as Sully and Moldie, two grime MC's that have turned out to be great actors too.

It was decent enough as a straight gangster story, and it was lacking in lots of ways too. Too many unlikeable characters, even though DuShane is supposedly a too bad gangster with morals.....my fucking arse. Ridiculous situations like with the supplier who would have been so far removed from street level violence, or would have run a mile at the first sniff of trouble. Or DuShane somehow solving problems after things have gone terribly wrong, rather than beforehand.

And almost all the white people are bad(so are the black people but they aren't one dimensional so there's more sympathy) They even did a close-up of the handshake with the white teacher to make the point of the contrast between them. Good black teacher, bad white teacher. Uncaring immigration workers, racists in the street, shitty looks in the shop. Then they decide they'd better put a couple of decent white people in, and it's the fucking police! Not saying there aren't issues of course, but they wasted their chances and made cheap points. Make the immigration issue about Windrush so it makes sense and is a statement, talk about living conditions and bring up Grenfell for instance.

Maybe I was just expecting too much. Kano is a good actor.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #3926 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 00:51:33 »

‘A Confession ‘. Chilling.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3927 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 01:46:38 »

It was decent enough as a straight gangster story, and it was lacking in lots of ways too. Too many unlikeable characters, even though DuShane is supposedly a too bad gangster with morals.....my fucking arse. Ridiculous situations like with the supplier who would have been so far removed from street level violence, or would have run a mile at the first sniff of trouble. Or DuShane somehow solving problems after things have gone terribly wrong, rather than beforehand.

And almost all the white people are bad(so are the black people but they aren't one dimensional so there's more sympathy) They even did a close-up of the handshake with the white teacher to make the point of the contrast between them. Good black teacher, bad white teacher. Uncaring immigration workers, racists in the street, shitty looks in the shop. Then they decide they'd better put a couple of decent white people in, and it's the fucking police! Not saying there aren't issues of course, but they wasted their chances and made cheap points. Make the immigration issue about Windrush so it makes sense and is a statement, talk about living conditions and bring up Grenfell for instance.

Maybe I was just expecting too much. Kano is a good actor.

It was ridiculous when he pulled out the phone in the prison visit and watched it for about a minute, and there were some other skips in the plot which took something away from it for sure. I just took it for entertainment though.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #3928 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 01:48:40 »

I was just about old enough to remember seeing some of Spitting Image before they wrapped it up, and since then have wanted it back and thought it would be a really healthy thing for the country. New series!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/28/spitting-image-returns-chaotic-times-trump-putin-zuckerberg
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3929 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 06:43:10 »

Late to the party but just finished all 7 series of the good wife. Brilliant drama up there with the best
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: