Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 58276 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:36:53 »

Very pleased to end the run of league defeats today. We should've won by 4 or 5 but our one man defence (Flint) needs to be stregthened. Lanzano did flap at the ball before their first goal but his distribution was much better than Smith's.

Like others have said, Kennedy is the weak link in the team. Magera had a great shot but continued to look poor (wasn't he marking Revell for his second?). McCormack played one glorious ball but misplaced just about everything else. De Vita did okay but I would have liked to have seen a natural winger (Gabilondo) in the side.

Ritchie man of the match but pleased for Connell - hopefully he'll work hard enough to stay in the side.

The ref was a cunt for both sides. What a prick.

Sad to see so many empty seats around me - we pretty much had the whole row! Hopefully this win will bring a few back for Southend, but they have to drop these ridiculous prices.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:39:39 »

Very pleased to end the run of league defeats today. We should've won by 4 or 5 but our one man defence (Flint) needs to be stregthened. Lanzano did flap at the ball before their first goal but his distribution was much better than Smith's.

Like others have said, Kennedy is the weak link in the team. Magera had a great shot but continued to look poor (wasn't he marking Revell for his second?). McCormack played one glorious ball but misplaced just about everything else. De Vita did okay but I would have liked to have seen a natural winger (Gabilondo) in the side.

Ritchie man of the match but pleased for Connell - hopefully he'll work hard enough to stay in the side.

The ref was a cunt for both sides. What a prick.

Sad to see so many empty seats around me - we pretty much had the whole row! Hopefully this win will bring a few back for Southend, but they have to drop these ridiculous prices.

It's down from £25 to £20 for Barnet.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:42:36 »

I did.

What's your point? So you can say you're a better fan than me too?

Clap Clap

As for Neville and Morrison....move on eh Yes

stfcinbmth

« Reply #363 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:48:20 »

but they have to drop these ridiculous prices.

Not just the prices. It was on TV and it was an early kick off more than enough to put a lot of people off. Hopefully the TV money will make up the shortfall in gate receipts.

Just as an after thought I was going to order my ticket on line and pick it up. I could have swallowed the extra quid booking fee as a convenience to me, but to charge another quid for using a debit card, what the fuck is that all about? I know it's only a quid but no one charges for using a debit card FFS
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:48:55 »

Clap Clap

?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:05:38 »

Not just the prices. It was on TV and it was an early kick off more than enough to put a lot of people off. Hopefully the TV money will make up the shortfall in gate receipts.

Just as an after thought I was going to order my ticket on line and pick it up. I could have swallowed the extra quid booking fee as a convenience to me, but to charge another quid for using a debit card, what the fuck is that all about? I know it's only a quid but no one charges for using a debit card FFS
Indeed. I've paid £27 for L2 football today because I booked online - far too much.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:13:08 »

Wheres DV today?

Off playing football in the middle of the sticks. It was like traveling back in time!!

We won Smiley

Anyways -  nice to see we win a game and you've got nothing to talk about apart from me.

If anyone has bothered to read my posts and understand them - I've for the most part been very supportive of Di Canio. I thought the whole Clarke thing was a complete farce (and it was) and I've said results havent been great (they havent) but some how that translates into I want the team to lose every week.

I watched about the first 50-55 minutes and have the rest on sky+ at home. We played much better football and should have even gone a goal down, Rotherham didnt have a sniff. Set piece our downfall again.

Maybe if Connell had started we could have been out of sight early on - we seemed to swing the ball in alot but no one seem to get on the end.

Still think we need a Centre Back so I am a bit surprised to hear this talk of another striker coming in.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:14:30 »

I asked the question when paying for my saints ticket over the phone, what I actually said was, "Can you explain the pound charge for using my debit card? When I go into Tesco's and pay with it, they don't add a quid to my bill!"

The answer I got was, "I dunno, I've wondered about it as well".

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:15:47 »

Off playing football in the middle of the sticks. It was like traveling back in time!!

We won Smiley

Anyways -  nice to see we win a game and you've got nothing to talk about apart from me.

If anyone has bothered to read my posts and understand them - I've for the most part been very supportive of Di Canio. I thought the whole Clarke thing was a complete farce (and it was) and I've said results havent been great (they havent) but some how that translates into I want the team to lose every week.

I watched about the first 50-55 minutes and have the rest on sky+ at home. We played much better football and should have even gone a goal down, Rotherham didnt have a sniff. Set piece our downfall again.

Maybe if Connell had started we could have been out of sight early on - we seemed to swing the ball in alot but no one seem to get on the end.

Still think we need a Centre Back so I am a bit surprised to hear this talk of another striker coming in.

Did you win DV?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:17:14 »

Makes me laugh all this bullshit about who goes and doesn't go.  If you go fair play to you, if you decide to stay at home, good on you.  Neither party is going to get a pat on the back or a slagging off from me.  Just do what you want to do, shouldn't make any odds to others on here.

I agree.

The only thing that does wind me up a bit is the fans who don't manage to get to the game but still feel the need to go on-line & be critical of a players performance (and no, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular).

As for today, thought that we generally played well, with everyone putting in a decent shift.

Obviously the likes of Connell & Ritchie will get a lot of the attention, but felt that there were several other players who put in solid performances.

Very nice to see the front two working hard, and both had a couple of decent efforts, (I'm ignoring the open goal that Mehdi missed at the end).

Comazzi is a bit slow, but it's nice to see a Centre-Half who is comfortable to bring the ball out of defence which he did a few times today (reminds me a bit of that old CH of ours that can't be mentioned who went Gay).   As for his Red Card, I can't imagine anyone has been sent off for two more soft bookings, ever.

De Vita took a fair bit of criticism, but I can see why Paolo (is that OK Nev?) played him as he did track back a lot, even if he wasn't that effective going forward.

Caddis (or Cadiz if you listen to Beagrie on Sky), linked well with Ritchie, just need to work on a combination on the left that will do as well.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:23:22 »

Did you win DV?

'we won' was a reference to my team rather that Swindon, although could easily apply to both (for the first time ever as it happens)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:25:55 »

'we won' was a reference to my team rather that Swindon, although could easily apply to both (for the first time ever as it happens)

I meant the team you played for DV actually,i thought your post meant Swindon Embarrassed
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:26:30 »

One massive positive thing to note...Our fitness.

Kerrouche and Ritchie had every right to get cramped up or generally be absolutely fooked by the end, given the shifts they'd put in and the ground they'd covered - but both of them carried on at full tilt until the end.

Even in injury time, we didn't really give them a sniff.

Looks like all that extra fitness training that Clarke hates so much is paying off for the rest of the squad!
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:28:31 »

I asked the question when paying for my saints ticket over the phone, what I actually said was, "Can you explain the pound charge for using my debit card? When I go into Tesco's and pay with it, they don't add a quid to my bill!"

The answer I got was, "I dunno, I've wondered about it as well".

There's no pound charge for using a debit card, only credit cards. Whoever you spoke to must be one of the newbies, started differentiating between the two towards the end of last season after a fair bit of 'feedback'.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 19:29:56 »

I was impressed today. Looked dangerous going forward.

Still worry everytime a ball comes near our box, really needs sorting. They were awful, a hoofball team and extremley dirty aswell. Have no idea what Scott was watching today, he really is clueless. But we won, so to be honest I couldn't give a shit what he thinks!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: