Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 59304 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:04:48 »

See this comment really winds me up. People aren't just on Phil Smith's back if he flaps at a cross.  People get on Smith's back because for the last 3 years he's been flapping at crosses, kicking like an out of form paralympian, and generally has costed us a fair few points.  It's the culmulation of this that has led to people generally jumping on his back should he make mistakes.

The new keeper has come in, and flapped at a cross, and as level minded supporters we can accept this, no harm was done, we came away with the points. Now if he continues to make errors which cost us dearly then a number of supporters will quite rightly raise their concerns.  Which I think is fair enough.

Unless you think it'd be fairer if we just give him shed loads of abuse for flapping at a cross on his home debut?

No offence intended Herthab, as your post contains nothing to have a go about, but sometimes it's almost like some people feel you're slating someone's mother when they have the cheek to point out that Mr Smith has yet again looked unconvincing.
I take your point and agree that Smith has made his fair share of mistakes (He's also kept us in games at times and gained us points by doing so). I wouldn't want the new guy getting abuse for mistakes at all, whether now or after a few months, hopefully it was just nerves and him being a bit 'ring rusty'.

(He does need to turn his bionic leg down a notch though!)

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:06:30 »

Should have watched it online fella, stream quality was amazing, although I feel dirty for lining the pockets of those filthy Virginmedia bastards! 

More fun being there, especially seeing Revell chuckling at the abuse he was getting from the TE, he was loving it
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:07:33 »

More fun being there, especially seeing Revell chuckling at the abuse he was getting from the TE, he was loving it

I said the same to Hertha

Fair play to the lad

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:13:34 »

3 much needed points. Hopefully onwards and upwards. Another win next match will soon have the table looking better. I'm gonna predict a loss again and hope i'm wrong again.
Oh and lay off leefer,his post wasn't worth the responses he got imo. Petty fuckers
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:20:20 »

Oh and lay off leefer,his post wasn't worth the responses he got imo. Petty fuckers

Quite obviously some of us thought so
phelpsieboy

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:20:57 »

This thread has turned into a my dads bigger than your dad contest

But ....

My dad is gonna beat all of yours dads in Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:21:47 »

3 much needed points. Hopefully onwards and upwards. Another win next match will soon have the table looking better. I'm gonna predict a loss again and hope i'm wrong again.

Looking at the post i would say it looked like i was having a go at people not turning up....i apologise because that wasn't my intention.
I have missed matches and to be honest wasn't going to go this season...Di Canio changed my mind so if it looked like that it wasn't meant....all i will say is though it is not £25 quid to watch the match,i paid £19 for the Townend today and many pay less when aquiring a season ticket...which can be paid for monthly.
If i lived out of Swindon i would struggle to make any matches....so again apologies to those who took it as a dig.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:26:48 »

Wheres DV today?

On another note my pasty was crap, and DRS told nick watkins to remove the ricky shakes photo in the legends.

I said he could redeem himself by putting a photo of leon clarke on the shitter door
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:28:42 »

Wheres DV today?

On another note my pasty was crap, and DRS told nick watkins to remove the ricky shakes photo in the legends.

I said he could redeem himself by putting a photo of leon clarke on the shitter door

We won........DV will take a day off.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:30:46 »

I noticed that at one point Kerrouche "did a DV" and shot from the kickoff after the second goal. I laughed, a lot.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:31:51 »

Did you go today Sam?

I did.

What's your point? So you can say you're a better fan than me too?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:33:33 »

I noticed that at one point Kerrouche "did a DV" and shot from the kickoff after the second goal. I laughed, a lot.

If DV did that, it must be the right thing to do, and I look forward to reading the endless justifications.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:33:44 »

I did.

I'm a better fan than you.

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #358 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:34:38 »

Another win next match will soon have the table looking better.

That will make a big difference. Can't for the life of me understand how their manager reckons they were worth a draw, three attempts on goal and two went in
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 18:34:51 »

I did.

Be fair Samdy, he loved Morrison more than you did.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: