Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967260 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5055 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 09:52:07 »

Oh dear, one of the pre season favourites too as they bought experienced players in the summer. Sounds knee jerk.
Definitely - even by current standards...  Eek
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5056 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 09:53:31 »

Having a read on their forum apparently its been on the cards for weeks, the players have lost respect for him and the board fed up with his style.

Gary Bowyer seems to be the favourite to replace him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5057 on: Sunday, August 26, 2018, 10:34:04 »

They fell apart at the end of last season too - were nailed on champions at one point before losing in the playoffs - so doubt the decision is based solely on the first four games

Things get better but they never get good
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5058 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 13:23:26 »

BREAKING NEWS

Notts County make approach to Crawley Town for head coach Harry Kewell, according to Sky sources.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5059 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 13:26:20 »

Oh dear, one of the pre season favourites too as they bought experienced players in the summer. Sounds knee jerk.

I think Reg might have told us we couldn't expect to be around teams like them, based on the perception they had a big budget.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5060 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 13:55:53 »

BREAKING NEWS

Notts County make approach to Crawley Town for head coach Harry Kewell, according to Sky sources.
I can't see that heppening, not had a good start to the season with Crawley and they were very average last year too, couldn't beat a Swindon side with just 9 men last week Wink

Gary Bowyer will get the job IMO.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5061 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 14:02:26 »

I think Reg might have told us we couldn't expect to be around teams like them, based on the perception they had a big budget.

I'm sure you'll back this up with the relevant quote.   

I did mention about the big hitters of Div 4 last season, and reckoned Notts, Cov, Mansfield and Lincoln were 4.  They all, of course, finished above us despite your insistence that Cov as a basket case most likely wouldn't exceed our budget
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5062 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 14:32:53 »

Coventry have much bigger long term structural issues as a club compared to us right now.  They don't own their ground, they don't have a long term lease agreement in place for their ground, their owners are engaged in actively taking their landlords to court seeking financial redress for them being allowed to buy the ground (suggesting the council sold it cheaply to them), continue to sue the council, have precisely the same financial model for player budgets as we do - as confirmed by their "board" and are, depending on which accounts you view, between 40m an 70m in debt to their owners, paying interest.  They might bob around for a while, but I wouldn't want that for our club and probably a damned good indicator as to why the Trust being involved in the ground is a good thing.

I am of course jesting on County, they may well finish above us, early days.  It merely goes to prove another point you have attempted to make ,that the margins between clubs at this level are thin.  So, wage budget alone is not a perfect indicator for performance.  It only takes a couple of historical contracts on players no longer at their best and you all but have the same budget as a club with much less at their disposal.  Experience, like Lancashire and Robertson, doesn't equate to good performances, just as taking a punt on youth doesn't have to equate to not trying to challenge.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5063 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 15:14:43 »

I am of course jesting on County, they may well finish above us, early days.  It merely goes to prove another point you have attempted to make ,that the margins between clubs at this level are thin.  So, wage budget alone is not a perfect indicator for performance.  It only takes a couple of historical contracts on players no longer at their best and you all but have the same budget as a club with much less at their disposal.  Experience, like Lancashire and Robertson, doesn't equate to good performances, just as taking a punt on youth doesn't have to equate to not trying to challenge.

Indeed, one of the joys of Div 4 is that it tends not to be bought, so there are examples of clubs with decent budgets struggling, like Chesterfield last time and those like Accy and Wycombe doing well on the back of decent management.

Last term Notts were spending 40K a week on various bonuses.... the owner reckoned he might be able to sustain that until they got to the championship... perhaps he couldn't.  Certainly Accy's burgers all round didn't do them any harm last year as a bonus scheme.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5064 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 11:00:45 »

Harry Kewell off to Notts County
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5065 on: Thursday, August 30, 2018, 11:07:25 »

Harry Kewell off to Notts County
Talk of £400k compensation, Crawley laughing all the way to the bank.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5066 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 19:31:55 »

Bradford City sack Michael Collins.

Odd appointment in the first place (in my opinion)  and is the victim of a lousy pre-season and start.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5067 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:12:35 »

Gary Johnson to Torquay United. Bit of a coup for them.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5068 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:24:26 »

Gary Johnson to Torquay United. Bit of a coup for them.
He still lives just outside of Yeovil so not too much of a commute for him.

Good catch for the Gulls, he should turn them around if they can sort their off field money problems.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5069 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:40:45 »

I see Hereford sacked Peter Beadle after pretty much the only bad month they've had in their short existence.

His coaching staff is Steve Jenkins and Rhys Evans

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: