Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1967654 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6060 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:29:26 »

On the Barrow forum they seem resigned to him going, saying take the money and let him go.

I'm surprised they have got time to take such an interest, the wider town seems very busy hounding out the journalists on the local rag (one now moved to secret address by police) for having the nerve to report local news - its all a conspiracy I tells thee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6061 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 12:30:21 »

I'm surprised they have got time to take such an interest, the wider town seems very busy hounding out the journalists on the local rag (one now moved to secret address by police) for having the nerve to report local news - its all a conspiracy I tells thee.

Bloody hell, only takes 10 seconds to google her (the accused) name and its all over the national press. Madness.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6062 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 13:06:22 »

Bloody hell, only takes 10 seconds to google her (the accused) name and its all over the national press. Madness.

TBF its not being helped by said journalist being popped for driving under the influence of and possession of Cocaine.

Getting back to the subject in hand, rumours about Dyche going from Burnley and being replaced by Mark Hughes, that's quite the upgrade, the natives are not happy!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6063 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:26:16 »

Horlock, what is it with Barrow and several of it's residents "love-in" with Tommy Robinson & the EDL?

I have a FB friend I worked with once several years ago and nearly everything shared is the usual "anti-mooselimb" shite. Yet it also seems that most of his locally based mates fully support the shite as well  Crash

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6064 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:33:09 »

Horlock, what is it with Barrow and several of it's residents "love-in" with Tommy Robinson & the EDL?

I have a FB friend I worked with once several years ago and nearly everything shared is the usual "anti-mooselimb" shite. Yet it also seems that most of his locally based mates fully support the shite as well  Crash

This is probably something for another thread, but to link to the subject in hand, there is a story about Evatts in the NWE Mail today which makes no reference at all to him potentially leaving.

Firstly I have to say Barrow is not as bad as many make it out to be and there are plenty of decent normal people there, its also a lot bigger than people think it is.

The present issue seems to relate to a story about a lass claiming to have been groomed by an Asian grooming gang for many years, backed up by some fairly graphic pictures on Facebook. Whether this is true, I have no idea (and I suspect the same can be said for 95% of the population of the town). It has been investigated by the police who  have concluded there is no evidence to support her claims, this has been independently verified (see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-52761339) and the long and short is that she has been charged with perverting the course of justice.

This has led to much conspiracy theory that the gang members (whose names and businesses are all over the interweb) have Cumbria police and the local paper in their pockets and its all being covered up, this has got rather fruity https://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2020/news/mps-to-examine-press-protection-law-with-reporter-exiled-over-death-threats/ (albeit not being helped by same reporter getting charged with possession of and driving under the influence of Cocaine this week, although I imagine her lawyer is as we speak gather the threats online together and putting together a defence that relates to the strain she is under and worry about herself and her child).

Robinson has got involved through his crusade to protect children (albeit only ones where Muslims are involved in the allegations) rolling up to rabble rouse a couple of times and getting himself nicked in the process.

Its just seems to be conspiracy all the way at the moment.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6065 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 12:50:37 »

Bolton Wanderers have put in an offer for Barrow manager Ian Evatt, but the Bluebirds have turned it down as "derisory", BBC Cumbria Sport understands.

Barrow's directors are understood to want a £250,000 release clause upfront, after he brought the club back into the football league after 48 years.

But while Bolton are expected to come back with a higher offer, it's understood this is unlikely to be more than £100,000.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6066 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 16:46:39 »

Thanks. I have heard this "FB Friend" continually mention the girls name (in question) but he then goes full TR Barmy Army and everything Stephen Y-L says is apparently all truth, zero agenda and that I am just closing my eyes to it all?!

But yeah, I'm aware there are some bloody decent people in Barrow, and I'm sure they're pissed of at the short one appearing every five mins. Haven't the girls family condemned the actions of him anyway? Saying they want no association with him?

Back to Ian Evatts, I think he should do a year in L2 with Barrow to see how they get on. Certain if he kept them up he would have offers. Troubadour is once you hear the so called smaller club saying "derisory", more often than not it seems to be that they are in negotiations and it is just a matter of time before the two parties meet, to agree on a figure. I'm sure we've had it in the past where other boards of clubs down the pecking order have told us our offer is derisory, only for them to eventually come to an agreement.

It'll all come out in the wash or in this case the Solway Firth.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6067 on: Saturday, June 27, 2020, 17:51:49 »

Ian Baraclough, linked to the Swindon job a couple of times over the years, appointed manager of Northern Ireland.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6068 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 07:58:58 »

Alan Pardews Newcastle contract expires today. Whew

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6069 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 07:59:54 »

Alan Pardews Newcastle contract expires today. Whew

What a journey.

How long does Luke Williams have left?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6070 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:13:08 »

Barra and Bolton agreed compo for Evatt to leave, I assume they have demanded it be paid in cash.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6071 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:42:34 »

Barra and Bolton agreed compo for Evatt to leave, I assume they have demanded it be paid in cash.
Barrow wanted the sum paid in full before he was allowed to speak to them! uphill struggle for him at Bolton, difficult job, not as poisin a challace as the Sunderland job though.

I am assuming he is allowed to sign players now at Bolton rather than U23 players only?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6072 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:49:28 »

Bentley being linked to Barrow, so possibly an uphill struggle for them, or at least a radical change in style.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6073 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:56:32 »

Bentley being linked to Barrow, so possibly an uphill struggle for them, or at least a radical change in style.
That is chalk and cheese, Bentley much prefers the longer ball pressing game rather than the Evatt try and keep the ball down style.

He would probably cost a fee from Fylde though.

If I were a Barrow fan I would prefer to risk another up and coming young manager rather than a perennial lower league over achiever on low budgets of 450 games+ career as a manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6074 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:18:26 »

Did Fylde get relegated? If so he might be out of a job anyway
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: