Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford allocated the 23rd place....  (Read 32235 times)
MichaelLandon

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 13:42:02 »

P.S. It's 'fewer' than 100 comments, I presume you meant 'warped' mind, 'reg' should begin with a capital R and 'fuck of' should be 'fuck off'.

soapy tit wank you are correct on all those points. Luckily for me though I safe my bestest best typing for things that matter. All of this was written in a frenzy however I stand by my point
Dave

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 13:49:26 »

I'm reliably informed that this Jay character is actually quite intelligent, and make such comments to provoke a reaction.

There's something particularly disturbing about a bright person acting like an unthinking Neanderthal.

I think Jay has problems.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:01:32 »

I'd actually say it's a stroke of genius. Managing to get two sphincters to slam shut like they just have.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
MichaelLandon

« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:06:17 »

I'd actually say it's a stroke of genius. Managing to get two sphincters to slam shut like they just have.

Everyone likes a good wind up. But wishing dementia on someone or mocking their mum is to low in my book. Maybe that's just me though. No real thought behind it so saying a stroke of genius is a bit to generous. But yea he did get a reaction so well done I suppose? 
Dave

« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:16:03 »

You've made it perfectly clear you think it's a laugh, not to be taken seriously. Nothing more to be said.

Shame you feel you have to jump on the unfunny bandwagon though.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:23:00 »

I'm gonna sit on the fence here and not debate the rights and wrongs but for fucks sake Eric you're a Poxford fan on a Swindon message board. What the hell were you expecting when you told us about you mum (and i've no idea why you did)?

Tea, sympathy, a slice of cake, maybe even some pledges towards the cost of her care?
Dave

« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:30:25 »

I'm gonna sit on the fence here and not debate the rights and wrongs but for fucks sake Eric you're a Poxford fan on a Swindon message board. What the hell were you expecting when you told us about you mum (and i've no idea why you did)?

Tea, sympathy, a slice of cake, maybe even some pledges towards the cost of her care?

To be quite honest, I just thought this was the reasonable, educated Swindon supporters' board. I didn't realise the fact I am an Ox fan would mean I'm not entitled to respect. Another poster mentioned my mother, I replied factually about her condition. I'm not looking for sympathy, just that no-one refers to her in vain. Imagine how you'd feel.

If this was "thisisswindontown", or "Luton Outlaws" or even "Yellows" I wouldn't have dreamt of mentioning it. Seems I mis-read the standards of this forum or, more likely, a very small number of its posters.

Jay likes to be thoroughly unpleasant just to get a reaction. That's truly sad. Benzel finds it amusing. Equally sad.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:33:42 »

I'm reliably informed that this Jay character is actually quite intelligent, and make such comments to provoke a reaction.

There's something particularly disturbing about a bright person acting like an unthinking Neanderthal.

I think Jay has problems.

Oh stop being so pompous and sanctimonious - hard as it is for a Poxford fan. Thanks

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:36:22 »

Seems I mis-read the standards of this forum or, more likely, a very small number of its posters.

Think this is it mate. I think some of your posts are interesting but you do seem to bite quite hard at every provocation, whether wind up merchant or serious dimwit. The forum does have a handy 'ignore' button, might be worth giving it a whirl.
Dave

« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:36:32 »

Oh stop being so pompous and sanctimonious - hard as it is for a Poxford fan. Thanks

Funny how some people react to anything that makes them - or should make them - think.
Dave

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:38:47 »

Think this is it mate. I think some of your posts are interesting but you do seem to bite quite hard at every provocation, whether wind up merchant or serious dimwit. The forum does have a handy 'ignore' button, might be worth giving it a whirl.

You're right - I do bite too easily. But I'm never going to ignore posts poking fun at dementia. And I couldn't bear to use the ignore button. I'm prone to OCD and would hate to miss anything.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:40:10 »

Fair enough. The reality is that someone was always going to say something though.

Can't believe you said it on here but wouldn't say it on your own message board mind. Not saying it was intentional but does smack of either stupidity or maybe dare i say it an excuse to take the moral high ground. Wouldn't wish dementia on anyone mate but i'm sure the vast majority of us have family members who have or have had some problems/illnesses of their own.

We don't all broadcast it on the internet forum of our biggest rivals though. In fact alot of us don't broadcast it at all.
Dave

« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:49:53 »

Fair enough. The reality is that someone was always going to say something though.

Can't believe you said it on here but wouldn't say it on your own message board mind. Not saying it was intentional but does smack of either stupidity or maybe dare i say it an excuse to take the moral high ground. Wouldn't wish dementia on anyone mate but i'm sure the vast majority of us have family members who have or have had some problems/illnesses of their own.

We don't all broadcast it on the internet forum of our biggest rivals though. In fact alot of us don't broadcast it at all.

waaaaahhhhhhh  Crying
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:57:52 »

erasure

GIVE A LITTLE RESPECT... TOOO-OO-OOOO-WHOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2011, 14:59:55 »

Understand what you're saying, and it probably was a mistake, as the poster who mentioned my mother did it in the context of ignorant, unfunny "banter" and at that stage didn't know about her condition.

There are some good, thoughtful posters on Yellows, but also a lot of posters with dubious views. Probably something like 60:40 in discussions not involving Swindon, 20:80 if it's Swindon-related. I sense there are few of the latter on here. Most seem to tolerate me, some (like ghanimah) half-heartedly play at disliking me because I'm an Ox fan. I didn't expect the reaction I got from a couple of posters, that's all.

Half-heartedly? I must up my game

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: