Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Italy trip key for team bonding - Caddis  (Read 6774 times)
News Monkey

« on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 07:00:06 »

Italy trip key for team bonding - Caddis

PAUL Caddis believes Swindon’s upcoming tour of Italy will provide the perfect opportunity for the club’s players – both old and new - to bond and ensure they hit the ground running come the start
  of the season.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9118909.Italy_trip_key_for_team_bonding___Caddis/?ref=rss

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 07:56:53 »

Shame they aren't all signed up then isn't it!

Sunday stories from the Adver?
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 07:58:51 »

Is it just me, or have you been an uncharacteristically miserable bastard lately Batch? Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 08:01:44 »

My grumpyness is completely in character.
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:03:11 »

Hopefully going to have to do some more bonding, as weve only got half a first team.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:07:52 »

Caddis and Ferry had a great time bonding with their teammates last summer. Sadly for us it was with Celtic in the USA.

There's definitely an importance of team togetherness. Is it wishful to suggest that Town might doing some transfer business on a Sunday?
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:30:50 by Costanza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 09:24:23 »

Apologies for my recent PST (Pre season tension). I thought I'd have grown out of it by my age.

In all seriousness I love what PDC says. I am concerned we won't hit the ground running though due to the lateness of deals. Plenty of time before season starts granted, not so many games though (3 after Italy?).
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 10:13:21 »

Hopefully PDC can tie up a few deals whilst he is out there. Either loanees from the likes of AC Milan, or permanent signings from elsewhere. Wishful thinking I know, but I trust Paolo to have a team fit to take on League Two

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 10:44:23 »

Apologies for my recent PST (Pre season tension). I thought I'd have grown out of it by my age.

In all seriousness I love what PDC says. I am concerned we won't hit the ground running though due to the lateness of deals. Plenty of time before season starts granted, not so many games though (3 after Italy?).

We need about 6 signings I think. In all fairness the core of the squad is there so it's not all lost.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 13:56:00 »

I'd say get 2 strikers in, a left back and maybe a right winger and we're just about there.

I'd like this line up for the first game of the season....

GK Lanzano

RB Amankwaah
CB Devera
CB Comazzi
LB Kennedy (or new signing)

RM Caddis
CM Ferry
CM Risser
LM Ritchie

ST Huh??
ST De Vita ?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 15:19:34 »

Is there a chance we might not line up as a 4-4-2, has PDC said anything regarding his preference?
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 15:21:44 »

So Ralphy, you would pick 10 players and of those youve only seen half of them play.

Thanks for that.  Wink
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 15:24:36 »

I'd say get 2 strikers in, a left back and maybe a right winger and we're just about there.

I'd like this line up for the first game of the season....

GK Lanzano

RB Amankwaah
CB Devera
CB Comazzi
LB Kennedy (or new signing)

RM Caddis
CM Ferry
CM Risser
LM Ritchie

ST Huh??
ST De Vita ?

I see what you mean, but we're going to need more than 4 more players to provide the depth that we'll need for a promotion challenge.  I'm not convinced that all of the players you've listed (Lanzano and De Vita, to name two, for example) are going to be in the 'First XI'.  I'd love to all of those players step up and claim a place - especially Callum.  But we need competition.  We have freed up a lot of ££ with the clear out.  There should be scope to get a reasonably sized squad in there now.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 15:33:44 »

I'm not convinced that all of the players you've listed (Lanzano and De Vita, to name two, for example) are going to be in the 'First XI'. 

Or Risser.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 15:35:31 »

So Ralphy, you would pick 10 players and of those youve only seen half of them play.

Thanks for that.  Wink

I'm trusting PDC's judgement on the players he's signed Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: